Please Help: Missing Sikh Young Man From Surrey

JagsawSingh

Is this guy even that important to us? He's just a singer of some Punjabi songs.

This guy has alot to answer for.

This guy has blood on his hands and Sikhs must never let him forget that.

This is the guy that took Badal's blood money and became the public face of his election campaign.

This is the guy that used his celebrity to urge all Sikhs to vote for Badal because "Badal is fantastic........Badal is one of the greatest Punjabis of all time"

This is the guy that worked hard to put into power the man that has ruined Punjab........Stolen Punjab's wealth to use as his own......Shot dead dozens of unarmed Sikhs as they sat praying.

Thats why this guy has been quiet for the last 2 weeks.

This guy is hoping it will all die down and we'll forget the shameful part he played in all of this.

We must NEVER forget.

Guest Jacfsing2

This guy has blood on his hands and Sikhs must never let him forget that.

This is the guy that took Badal's blood money and became the public face of his election campaign.

This is the guy that used his celebrity to urge all Sikhs to vote for Badal because "Badal is fantastic........Badal is one of the greatest Punjabis of all time"

This is the guy that worked hard to put into power the man that has ruined Punjab........Stolen Punjab's wealth to use as his own......Shot dead dozens of unarmed Sikhs as they sat praying.

Thats why this guy has been quiet for the last 2 weeks.

This guy is hoping it will all die down and we'll forget the shameful part he played in all of this.

We must NEVER forget.

I honestly never heard of him, (I don't listen to Punjabi songs), why not he just admit he was wrong and ask for a punishment?

I honestly never heard of him, (I don't listen to Punjabi songs), why not he just admit he was wrong and ask for a punishment?

Because he'd never admit he was wrong, and more worringly, i doubt he even realises what he did - by supporting Badal - was an issue. There are no enforceable "rules" against what he did, but there are moral and ethical boundaries these kanjars like Mr. B (if that is his real name) cross time and time again in order to get their 30 pieces of silver.

You know Punjabi people, they turn weak at the knees and lose all sense of reason when a singer / actor / celebrity tells them to do something. It's that kind of insidious politicking through popular culture (through these celebrities that are bought by the politicians) that ultimately has a hugely negative affect on Punjab and Sikhs, and it needs to be stopped.

Guest Jacfsing2

Because he'd never admit he was wrong, and more worringly, i doubt he even realises what he did - by supporting Badal - was an issue. There are no enforceable "rules" against what he did, but there are moral and ethical boundaries these kanjars like Mr. B (if that is his real name) cross time and time again in order to get their 30 pieces of silver.

You know Punjabi people, they turn weak at the knees and lose all sense of reason when a singer / actor / celebrity tells them to do something. It's that kind of insidious politicking through popular culture (through these celebrities that are bought by the politicians) that ultimately has a hugely negative affect on Punjab and Sikhs, and it needs to be stopped.

Would they do the same if the celebrity wasn't Punjabi? (I watch some t.v. and wouldn't just blindly do whatever the actors or actresses do, or the singers for that matter)

Would they do the same if the celebrity wasn't Punjabi? (I watch some t.v. and wouldn't just blindly do whatever the actors or actresses do, or the singers for that matter)

I've no idea. The reason people like this singer are targetted by Badal to drum up support amongst Punjabis is because of their huge profile amongst our people back home.

Why'd you think someone like Amitabh Bachchan is worshipped as a God (kind of) by the masses? It's their profile, their image, their wealth; all things that the average man aspires to, and the assumption is that whatever these kanjars say must be the truth. The gullible population falls for it constantly.

I've no idea. The reason people like this singer are targetted by Badal to drum up support amongst Punjabis is because of their huge profile amongst our people back home.

Why'd you think someone like Amitabh Bachchan is worshipped as a God (kind of) by the masses? It's their profile, their image, their wealth; all things that the average man aspires to, and the assumption is that whatever these kanjars say must be the truth. The gullible population falls for it constantly.

The problem stems from our infatuation / respect of wealth: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/77599-sikhi-and-wealth/?hl=%2Bsikhi+%2Band+%2Bwealth

Personally, if I was in Punjab thinking about who to vote for, I would respect the opinion/ recomendation of the poor man, who struggles but works hard to feed and put a roof over his family's head. Such a man is my hero. Such a man would influence my voting intentions.

So, in many ways we're back to what we're discussing in that other thread about who we would want to see as the next jathedar of the Akal Takht. I don't want to put down any of the names on the poll of that thread but the issue of wealth and 'culture' is relevant because, for example, I've seen how they all travel, i.e in petrol eating environment destroying monster jeeps. They all profess to have gyan about Sikhi but none of them stop for one moment and wonder how their anti-environment actions are incompatible with what Sri Guru Har Rai taught us. That is not true gyan.