Bandi Chor Divas - Still Called Diwali?

Pakandi baba

We always claim that Bandi Chor Divas is not the same as Diwali. What better way than to not follow the lunar cycle.

Let the Sikhs in the West co-ordinate and find the actual date and stick to it. There is no way the RSS/Indian government/Hindutva group will be able to do anything if we in the West and other countries outside India do this simultaneously.

We must lead and then the Sikhs in India and Punjab will follow.

historically the accurate date of Guru ji's release was on diwali because mughals wanted to please the 'hindus'

When did it happen? Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankaar pargatiya in April, yet we celebrate it on the 25th November? same with Easter, Jesus was born in April yet celebrated in December, does it matter as long as it is celebrated, yet it won't make any difference.

Not april. Definately September. I mean the sheep grazing at night thing seems to imply summer but a light can always be seen in the sky above palestine around September, and september is still warm enough for sheeps to still be grazing at night so September it is then. Not that I care. Just like to know your logic behind 'April' ?

AS the title suggests. Why is it happening? Diwali is a Hindu festival, yet even the Sikh Council issued statement said Black Diwali, not even in brackets was it Bandi Chor. Again we fail at preaching.

Happy Bandi Chor, Dhan Guru Hargobind Nirankaar Ji Mahraaj.

Veerji, they called it 'Black Diwali' so that the ignorant Sikhs who know nothing about their religion and who, unfortunately, constitute the majority of its 'adherents', don't discredit the rest of us and our movement by letting off patakey/lighting lamps because they have no idea what Bandi Chhor is.

In other words, it was a way to make sure the message got through to absolutely everybody. If they had elected to call it 'Black Bandi Chhor' instead, it is likely that hundreds of clueless fuddus in Southall would have had no idea what was going on and business would have carried on as usual - parties, dancing, food.

I disagree.

The more significant date would be the date that Dhan Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji reached Amritsar. Anyone know how many days/weeks it took sache patshah to reach Amritsar from Gwalior?

From what my local Gyani at my Gurudwara told me it was about 2 days, He may be slightly off though.

The Sikh Press Association work tirelessly to get the Sikh narrative into the wider western press.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1083462548359115&id=723550244350349

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34793443?SThisFB

BBC seem to be bringing Sikhs in the news a bit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036zqxr?ocid=socialflow_facebook