Punjab Is Now Clearly A Fascist State

khalsaman1

That's the kind of thinking that keeps us pinned down in country-bumpkin-ness. Good luck waiting for a hostile federal government to modernise Panjab.

Fools get the leaders they deserve. Well done to the pendus. Bravo!

Ok so what do you suggest they do then? And who to vote for? Surely you must know since youre not a fool like them.

Im not being sensitive at all lol, people in this thread are just acting way too conceited.

And yes, I like using the word pendu. It has a nice ring to it.

The "pendu" comments are just a way of being able to get away with being casteist here without actully using 'caste' names. Its a clever ruse by a devious and divisive minds. After all, such people will rarely be makin comments along the lines of "Its those 'townies and city-wallahs who are to blame for all the anti-sikh jokes"....."the way they live a life of half Sikh and half-Hindu rituals and thus give Bollywood and the the Hindus the impression that we Sikhs do pooja and worship photos etc"...."oooh those damn townies".

No.You wil rarely hear anything regarding the urban people. Its all a clever ruse to casteist without actually naming the caste.

Go back over all of dallysingh's messages and count how many times, on different topics and threads, he has actually used the "pendu" word and how he actually uses it.

The "pendu" comments are just a way of being able to get away with being casteist here without actully using 'caste' names. Its a clever ruse by a devious and divisive minds. After all, such people will rarely be makin comments along the lines of "Its those 'townies and city-wallahs who are to blame for all the anti-sikh jokes"....."the way they live a life of half Sikh and half-Hindu rituals and thus give Bollywood and the the Hindus the impression that we Sikhs do pooja and worship photos etc"...."oooh those damn townies".

No.You wil rarely hear anything regarding the urban people. Its all a clever ruse to casteist without actually naming the caste.

Go back over all of dallysingh's messages and count how many times, on different topics and threads, he has actually used the "pendu" word and how he actually uses it.

first thing he should realise those same villages kept supplies and information flowing to Khalsa over the dark years of the past 300 years , those pendus risked themselves to support us , it is the height of hypocrisy to now abandon them when they need us for guidance and help , we owe our brothers and sisters a lot .

Guest Jacfsing2

Haven't you been known for discrimination of Khatris? "Chharti Ka Poot Hon, Baahman Ko Nahey, Kaiy Tapp Aavat Hon Jo Karon"

"I am son of Khatri and not of Brahman who does 'Tap'." (Dasam Granth)

first thing he should realise those same villages kept supplies and information flowing to Khalsa over the dark years of the past 300 years , those pendus risked themselves to support us , it is the height of hypocrisy to now abandon them when they need us for guidance and help , we owe our brothers and sisters a lot .

No one is talking about abandoning them. We are talking about the real and urgent need for modernisation in the 21st century and the way a village based economy hands umpteen opportunities for the government to keep screwing agriculturists over.

Then people need to face the fact that Badal's core support comes from this segment of society. I haven't got the answer of who they should vote for, but I do know who they shouldn't vote for.

Citing past ancestor's actions is silly. Plenty of people who were descended or related to the Gurus themselves went on to do hardcore anti-Sikh activities. Just because someone's ancestors might have been great, it doesn't mean that they themselves can't be jerks today. Look at how much outright oppression comes from this quarter at village level today towards people deemed 'lower-caste'. From having separate wells and crematoriums, and disgusting attitudes towards females of other communities. So don't make out like the people are all angels in the pends because of their ancestors. These people benefited economically the most from the Khalsa movement who freed them from Moghul overlords. Of course they would have wanted to help the people who were doing all the fighting.

Everyone needs to grasp the reality that a prosperous future lies in modernisation/urbanisation and away from agriculture.

How many more suicides need to take place for people to realise his?

And yes, I'm from a pend myself, it doesn't mean I wallow in it or blindly defend it.

Haven't you been known for discrimination of Khatris? "Chharti Ka Poot Hon, Baahman Ko Nahey, Kaiy Tapp Aavat Hon Jo Karon"

"I am son of Khatri and not of Brahman who does 'Tap'." (Dasam Granth)

it is the height of blindness to use Gurbani to back up casteist BS ,PLEASE FOR PANTH'S STOP

char varan ko ik karaoun tabay Gobind SIngh Naam kaheoun ...Guru Nanak Gobind SIngh ji made ALL IN ONE people ...nothing is too low for us to do and our powers have no limits or ceiling

Guest Jacfsing2

it is the height of blindness to use Gurbani to back up casteist BS ,PLEASE FOR PANTH'S STOP

char varan ko ik karaoun tabay Gobind SIngh Naam kaheoun ...Guru Nanak Gobind SIngh ji made ALL IN ONE people ...nothing is too low for us to do and our powers have no limits or ceiling

I know what you mean and I agree with you; however, I really dislike Jagsaw's hypocrisy of being against Khatris while at the same time when a "lower caste" is mentioned he's all for saying caste doesn't exist. We all remember from where the Punj Pyare came from; however, does anyone know where Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, and Bhai Dyala Ji come from?

No one is talking about abandoning them. We are talking about the real and urgent need for modernisation in the 21st century and the way a village based economy hands umpteen opportunities for the government to keep screwing agriculturists over.

Then people need to face the fact that Badal's core support comes from this segment of society. I haven't got the answer of who they should vote for, but I do know who they shouldn't vote for.

Citing past ancestor's actions is silly. Plenty of people who were descended or related to the Gurus themselves went on to do hardcore anti-Sikh activities. Just because someone's ancestors might have been great, it doesn't mean that they themselves can't be jerks today. Look at how much outright oppression comes from this quarter at village level today towards people deemed 'lower-caste'. From having separate wells and crematoriums, and disgusting attitudes towards females of other communities. So don't make out like the people are all angels in the pends because of their ancestors. These people benefited economically the most from the Khalsa movement who freed them from Moghul overlords. Of course they would have wanted to help the people who were doing all the fighting.

Everyone needs to grasp the reality that a prosperous future lies in modernisation/urbanisation and away from agriculture.

How many more suicides need to take place for people to realise his?

And yes, I'm from a pend myself, it doesn't mean I wallow in it or blindly defend it.

actually many cultures including ours have predicted a sudden dropout of tech due to massive EMF pulses (could also be done by US /USSR/CHINA weapons) in those times , anarchy will reign as too much reliance on non-material skills will disable people's bounceback. We already know that there is going to be issues around food security in the coming decades around the globe both through Fukushima poisoning and increasing droughts and the manmade famines planned by the west through withdrawal of GM crops to those reliant on them in the east and Africa.

Self-sufficiency, self-sovereignty and intelligent governance is what we need to aim for ...taking the global situation and punjab's increasing pollution problems into account.