Another Shameless <banned word filter activated>

StarStriker

I think you'll find the rank did not do this only the 'leaders' in nakal of hill rajas etc ...when we stop monkeying others we will remain strong , model behaviour we know works not broken models of West or East politics i.e. Follow Guru Pita ji's bachan learn rajniti of others and rise above that model create our own paradigm . The raj was brought down by handing over command posts and money control to non Khalsa ethic peoples , stopping sarbat khalsa etc this time Khalsa fauj has to stay a cohesive force by closing ranks around trustworthy leaders taken from ther midst

Come on, the rank and file (who would be the foot soldiers of the misldaars), were involved in the interSikh conflicts as much as any other. Even if they were simply taking orders.

I don't know exactly how it happened but it appears as if by the time Sikhs got past the middle of 1700s, fighting each other over territory was a norm.

As an interesting side note, we can see European spies mentioning exactly this in their reports of the late 1700s.

Come on, the rank and file (who would be the foot soldiers of the misldaars), were involved in the interSikh conflicts as much as any other. Even if they were simply taking orders.

I don't know exactly how it happened but it appears as if by the time Sikhs got past the middle of 1700s, fighting each other over territory was a norm.

The same goes for drinking and the use of drugs (except tobacco), as almost all the accounts of Sikhs at the time will testify. The dissolution permeated every rung of society, not just the nobility.

The same goes for drinking and the use of drugs (except tobacco), as almost all the accounts of Sikhs at the time will testify. The dissolution permeated every rung of society, not just the nobility.

That's a different topic altogether. Recently I fond VERY early references of warriors taking natural plant based psychotropic substances. I'm thinking they were taking certain substances that are abused for recreation purposes today for totally different reasons - maybe PTSD or other psychology related issues? I understand why we may need to keep a lid on this a bit because we all know that such things are only used to excuse recreational use by apnay today.

But this isn't the forum for that topic.