Hygene Langar

Big_Tera

Also, the only people who should be complaining about this matter are those that keep Bibek rehat (only eat from food put together by an Amritdhari).

For those that don't follow Sikh rehat, who cares? Man does not hesitate to regularly consume alcohol or eat meat yet we're worried about some dirt being in our sabji?

I'd rather eat food prepared by the hands of an honest bandha or budhi that does not cheat or steal than from the hands of many of those 'amritdharis' that think they're insurance fraud, mortgage fraud etc is NOT stealing.

Disappointed to hear that these types of Amritdharis exist around you.

I agree it is disappointing and also really unfortunate that the existence of that type has now become the norm. And I say that with a very heavy heart because I am now well on my way to becoming amritdhari.

Unfortnately, as things stand today, if you would ask the common man in our community what he thinks about amritdharis the answer is always that they are theives, cheaters and fraudsters. The reputation today of amritdharis generally, in our society, is rock bottom and all of us with religious / spiritual convictions have to take collective responsibility for that. In a sense, we've watched with our own eyes the mistakes the Muslim (Pakistani) preachers have made in their community over the last 20 years and instead of learning from those mistakes we're actually so silly we're copying them. They're mistake was that they went for quantity over quality and as such told their young to grow their beards and wear the hijab and do their prayers. Thats all that mattered. They did not teach them that this must come hand in hand with improving one's moral and ethical compass. Today, our parcharaks, especially people like Harjinder Singh and Nirvair Khalsa jatha, are making that exact same mistake with Sikhs resulting in more amritdharis than we've ever had before but very few of them actually being pure of heart.

So, like I said, I would be hapier for my food to be prepared by a non-amritdhari that is a genuine, humble moral person than an amritdhari that cheats and lies.

What kind of spiritual people are infatuated with hygiene :)

They say cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Infact I would rather eat from an old plate that is clean then a sparkling one with diamonds on it but is unclean. P.s its not important ? You want the whole sangat to become ill just because hygiene does not matter to you?

The whole point of langar is to feed and nourish less fortunate people not make them ill. Even good and well meaning people can sometimes unintentionally get things wrong in food preparation. Thats why it is a good idea to have someone check over that everything is as it should be in terms of food hygene practices ect.

I only starting thinking of this as I recentley visited a Gurdwara and the interiour did not look in good condition in terms of cleanliness. It made me think if they are not taking care of the building are they like this in all aspects.

I agree it is disappointing and also really unfortunate that the existence of that type has now become the norm. And I say that with a very heavy heart because I am now well on my way to becoming amritdhari.

Unfortnately, as things stand today, if you would ask the common man in our community what he thinks about amritdharis the answer is always that they are theives, cheaters and fraudsters. The reputation today of amritdharis generally, in our society, is rock bottom and all of us with religious / spiritual convictions have to take collective responsibility for that. In a sense, we've watched with our own eyes the mistakes the Muslim (Pakistani) preachers have made in their community over the last 20 years and instead of learning from those mistakes we're actually so silly we're copying them. They're mistake was that they went for quantity over quality and as such told their young to grow their beards and wear the hijab and do their prayers. Thats all that mattered. They did not teach them that this must come hand in hand with improving one's moral and ethical compass. Today, our parcharaks, especially people like Harjinder Singh and Nirvair Khalsa jatha, are making that exact same mistake with Sikhs resulting in more amritdharis than we've ever had before but very few of them actually being pure of heart.

So, like I said, I would be hapier for my food to be prepared by a non-amritdhari that is a genuine, humble moral person than an amritdhari that cheats and lies.

I also think that the average jatinder is not qualified as He/she has very little knowledge and thus lumps everyone together under an umbrella label because of a single or handful of bad apples . I think really EVERYONE needs to go back to basics and build sharda pavana from there . Generally where there is love for sangat and cleanliness in Langar there will be more in Darbar Sahib. My own past knowledge is the one gurdwara which had filthy floors and tables for sangat weeks on end , had a problem with mice in Darbar and Sach Khand ...it was shameful. My Mum and I tackled this beadbhi head on ... the funny thing is those who had 'historical ' links with the place hadn't done Jack for many years.

They say cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Infact I would rather eat from an old plate that is clean then a sparkling one with diamonds on it but is unclean. P.s its not important ? You want the whole sangat to become ill just because hygiene does not matter to you?

The whole point of langar is to feed and nourish less fortunate people not make them ill. Even good and well meaning people can sometimes unintentionally get things wrong in food preparation. Thats why it is a good idea to have someone check over that everything is as it should be in terms of food hygene practices ect.

I only starting thinking of this as I recentley visited a Gurdwara and the interiour did not look in good condition in terms of cleanliness. It made me think if they are not taking care of the building are they like this in all aspects.

How dare you care about hygiene and cleanliness at a langar hall! It is all gods will, even if the langar hall is filthy you better sit there and eat. So be it if you get ill, you were meant too.