In The Uk

Big_Tera

Because moving to Canada from London is like moving from Jalandhar City to a small town in Bihar. You'll get a much bigger house for the price but its only something you should do once you're retired and want to live out the rest of your life in quiet. Its a backward step. And you shouldn't for one moment think I'm saying things are better there overall (as I was just talking about the employment situation) because if you ever visit downtown Vancouver and you see more hopeless homeless destitute junkies than you've ever seen in your life this side of Bombay you quickly begin to see the realities of life in a provincial town cut off from the large cities of the world. So, as you can see, my point was purely about employment and that is something we here in the UK can rectify too if we regain that trouble making fighting spirit and force change. Most people however, can't even be arsed to do a freedom of information request themselves let alone act upon the findings of someone else's request and answers,

The point is that we the people in the UK need to

You're not the first UK Sikh to find Canada boring.

I should say though ... when some elderly woman who came into this country complained to me she got called paki in the 70s by younsters on the street. At least no one has called me that since I set foot in the UK.

give it time, the old ways are surfacing again ...where you have lack of education and resentment you will hear such things

so how are you hoping to cope with it when it happens. Just keep quiet and walk away or give them back a taste of their own medicine?

been dealing with throughout my youth , when it comes to a fight I will, but of course educating them first on how to respect Sikhi can also be done with words .Now I am older with teenagers of my own , I am out of practice of physical fighting but if you grew up in a 'rough' neighbourhood you don't forget how to hit.

so how are you hoping to cope with it when it happens. Just keep quiet and walk away or give them back a taste of their own medicine?

Weigh up each incident situation by situation.

The word 'paki' doesn't have the power it used to: Fast forward a few decades from when it was commonly used, we find that the people who used it most freely (lower working class honkys) are an underclass who've been totally outclassed and outmaneuvered, with the lowest academic achievements, living in council property, totally out of sync with all the changes that have happened around them.

Name calling is one thing, but I think it's physical attacks we have to be careful of, especially males. In the UK, there is some reserve about attacking females, but males are considered fair game.

The more the wider anglosphere subtly okays open racism (with things like right-wing media, Donald trump, BNP, EDL, Ukip) the more the ahhhm racist honky (hitherto forced to keep his head down) gets emboldened to take risks and take liberties. Especially as many of them have been brewing and seething for decades now. Things like grooming revelations or terrorists attacks are triggers for them, but remember these whites are hypocrites because they convenient ignore the blatant pedophilia that has been taking place throughout their society especially in the media industry and in the highest levels of the government itself. They also like to turn a blind eye to their own governments culpability in helping Islamist fundamentalism grow through unethical foreign policies. Reasoning doesn't work with such people, they only respond to violence and fear.

It looks like the old days may make a come back? If they do, how we fare depends on how strong and brave apnay are, I have to say, remembering the old old generation and my one - our new lot generally look, act and sound like a complete bunch of tamed pu55ies. In the event of protracted strife, it's likely that the really young ones growing up in it will become hardened and provide leadership in time. Well that's what happened in the 70s/80s anyway.

Weigh up each incident situation by situation.

The word 'paki' doesn't have the power it used to: Fast forward a few decades from when it was commonly used, we find that the people who used it most freely (lower working class honkys) are an underclass who've been totally outclassed and outmaneuvered, with the lowest academic achievements, living in council property, totally out of sync with all the changes that have happened around them.

Name calling is one thing, but I think it's physical attacks we have to be careful of, especially males. In the UK, there is some reserve about attacking females, but males are considered fair game.

The more the wider anglosphere subtly okays open racism (with things like right-wing media, Donald trump, BNP, EDL, Ukip) the more the ahhhm racist honky (hitherto forced to keep his head down) gets emboldened to take risks and take liberties. Especially as many of them have been brewing and seething for decades now. Things like grooming revelations or terrorists attacks are triggers for them, but remember these whites are hypocrites because they convenient ignore the blatant pedophilia that has been taking place throughout their society especially in the media industry and in the highest levels of the government itself. They also like to turn a blind eye to their own governments culpability in helping Islamist fundamentalism grow through unethical foreign policies. Reasoning doesn't work with such people, they only respond to violence and fear.

It looks like the old days may make a come back? If they do, how we fare depends on how strong and brave apnay are, I have to say, remembering the old old generation and my one - our new lot generally look, act and sound like a complete bunch of tamed pu55ies. In the event of protracted strife, it's likely that the really young ones growing up in it will become hardened and provide leadership in time. Well that's what happened in the 70s/80s anyway.

old rules don't apply any more women are being attacked so get some skills and awareness .

old rules don't apply any more women are being attacked so get some skills and awareness .

I see sulliyan with hijabs are getting verbally/psychologically abused and sometimes attacked (by other females interestingly).

I've seen that umpteen Sikh men have been getting attacked and murdered over the last few years (especially in the US), but other than that bibi who got killed in that Gurdwara shooting in the states, where are these apneean that are getting physically attacked in the west?

If it's happening, why aren't the victims highlighting it? Honkys are more likely to make it an issue if they do than blokes. I mean, that attack in Wales where someone tried to chop off some apna's head off shouting 'white-power' - it didn't even get any publicity (well hardly any).

If you know something the rest of us don't - share it!

Because moving to Canada from London is like moving from Jalandhar City to a small town in Bihar. You'll get a much bigger house for the price but its only something you should do once you're retired and want to live out the rest of your life in quiet. Its a backward step. And you shouldn't for one moment think I'm saying things are better there overall (as I was just talking about the employment situation) because if you ever visit downtown Vancouver and you see more hopeless homeless destitute junkies than you've ever seen in your life this side of Bombay you quickly begin to see the realities of life in a provincial town cut off from the large cities of the world. So, as you can see, my point was purely about employment and that is something we here in the UK can rectify too if we regain that trouble making fighting spirit and force change. Most people however, can't even be arsed to do a freedom of information request themselves let alone act upon the findings of someone else's request and answers,

The point is that we the people in the UK need to

I also thought the bit about the houses are bigger, but found it hard to adjust to when I stayed there. Everything seems so far away. The air, sea and mountains are lovely and more healthier to live there. But one needs a car to get everywhere. It's good to have the whole family or friendly relatives nearby in order to get used to it.

In the UK, I have heard of 4 different cases.

In one the offenders were 2 Sikh guys. This Gujrati guy went to their house to get his belongings as he wanted to move out. They had some disagreement and the sikh guys beat his head up with hockeys such that he was totally disfigured. (They were the drinking type so they were under the influence of alcohol).

This guy was the nephew of my boss. They got arrested and dealt with.

A sikh guy who attended college was walking home when suddenly a gang of 4 boys descended upon him beating him and he attained injuries one of which threathened his eye sight. They were shouting Osama at him while they beat him.He came to our and was in tears - the same boss whose nephew had been killed by Sikhs just shrugged his shoulders and refused him the £10.00 discount he was begging for.

The other 2 are same race attacks.

A girl walks into a restaurant and sits waiting for her friend. Her friend comes and she greets her and the gang next table get offended and think she is laughing at them. She gets hit so hard her ear starts bleeding and she needs to be taken to the hospital immediately.

My friends son in walking home at around midnight. He was only 16 and plays ice hockey. He walks past 2 men drunk walking home, one of them just flings his hand jokingly hurting him on the chin and laughing and joking at the same time. The injury is life changing. His chin gets dislocated and he needs an operation to fix it and a metal plate. He will never be able to play ice hockey the same way again.

One incident is all that is needed to get the ball rolling. That is why it is best to just not make a big noise about racist attacks especially publicly. The offenders who are mostly gangs roaming around at night will take advantage of it and attack anyone. Same race attacks cannot be termed racist. However if in the last two cases a Sikh was involved we may doubt the motive for the attack and classify it as racist. Only attackers with some underlying confidence and hate issues are the ones capable of making these attacks.

The best way is to keep yourself safe and avoid staying out late night. This is the time when people are drunk and idle. The darkness gives them a false sense of security to carry out the attack.