Why Nanaksar Ragiis Are Celibate

I agree. We humans are foolish [women mostly as they adore such sants and babas]. Yes they might be holy, but they are the messengers but people forget that and start to bow, touch feet, math tek to such, this is the spiral, it begins then ends with what I've written about.

I see no use in touching feet of such. Satkar of the higest form is to say the Fateh, yet some hate this and expect matha tek, this is egotism. Sitting upon lion skin and posing is not the humbleness of such devoted mahapursh

Actually it's not just women, but men also that try to touch feet, etc as you say.

Yes they are messengers from God, and a real Sant does not expect people to bow down to him or touch feet, etc. A normal namaskar is enough, and they do not even expect that or ask for it. I have seen one move away, when somebody tried to touch his feet. So no, a true Sant does not allow it.

Also Baba Nand Singh ji did not allow a lone woman to visit the Gurdwara, she had to be accompanied by male member from her family.

He did not pose, but only rest on a bairagan (an arm rest used as support when praying). Do you even know how much bhagti Babaji used to do? Obviously not. Wherever he went he went empty handed, and lived in a khuli (thatched hut), or temporary units which were set on fire after he left, so he would have no attachment to anything but God's name, spreading God's word. And those with him were told not to accept any money or valuables.

He used to say the real treasure is the faith one has in God.

Indeed they have maximum satkar and I am always impressed with the way they have a much larger and grand Takhat for Guru Ji in comparison to other Gurdwaras in the West.

This is because they place Maharaj ji on a higher platform as they do Satkar to them as a King of Kings, and we the Sangat are lower thus at a lower level to them. We are beggars in front of Maharaj ji.

WJKK WJKF

No one needs to be celibate. It doesn't do anything. Live a life of ghrisi and control Kaam within your marriage. Ragi doesn't mean monk, it means someone who can sing within raag as per gurbani. Spiritualism can be gained by the male or female, young or old within the life of ghristi. The devotion is within sewa of humanity and creation itself.

Also, by mediation of naam one achieves a heightened spiritual awakening. Naam being the whole of gurmantar. For the intelligent who can recite with true faith a whole sukhmani sahib Ji da path or to those with less ability who faithfully jap one word "waheguru" , spirituality canbe gained and one can gain mukhti.

There is only one maryada.

Raghbir Singh Bir writes that when he started on his path to bhagti he was suggested by someone to focus on a picture of Guru Sahib. He writes this resulted in his mind being focused. He had gained some avastha because of this but then he noticed his avastha became kardikala(stand still). It would not go higher no matter how much simran he did. He wondered why. So he consulted some mahapursh about this.

He found out that the reason his avastha was kardikala was because he focused his mann on photos and this was the highest point he could reach through the technique of focusing on photo of Guru Sahib while doing simran. He was suggested to do Simran as taught by Guru Sahib which is to focus the Surti on the Dhuni of Naam. By listening one can reach higher stages as the suniye pauris in japji sahib testify.

Raghbir Singh Bir writes that now he encountered a new difficulty which was that it became difficult to retrain his Surti on Gurmantar since he had for years focussed on something tangible like an image or photo of Guru jee. With great difficulty he managed to train his Surti on Gurmantar.

Seeing his own hurdles on the spiritual path Raghbir Singh Bir has sugested to focus on the Gurmantar from day one instead of making the mistake of focusing on photos .

Beaut

Raghbir Singh Bir writes that when he started on his path to bhagti he was suggested by someone to focus on a picture of Guru Sahib. He writes this resulted in his mind being focused. He had gained some avastha because of this but then he noticed his avastha became kardikala(stand still). It would not go higher no matter how much simran he did. He wondered why. So he consulted some mahapursh about this.

He found out that the reason his avastha was kardikala was because he focused his mann on photos and this was the highest point he could reach through the technique of focusing on photo of Guru Sahib while doing simran. He was suggested to do Simran as taught by Guru Sahib which is to focus the Surti on the Dhuni of Naam. By listening one can reach higher stages as the suniye pauris in japji sahib testify.

Raghbir Singh Bir writes that now he encountered a new difficulty which was that it became difficult to retrain his Surti on Gurmantar since he had for years focussed on something tangible like an image or photo of Guru jee. With great difficulty he managed to train his Surti on Gurmantar.

Seeing his own hurdles on the spiritual path Raghbir Singh Bir has sugested to focus on the Gurmantar from day one instead of making the mistake of focusing on photos .

Bandginama is well worth a read.

Actually it's not just women, but men also that try to touch feet, etc as you say.

Yes they are messengers from God, and a real Sant does not expect people to bow down to him or touch feet, etc. A normal namaskar is enough, and they do not even expect that or ask for it. I have seen one move away, when somebody tried to touch his feet. So no, a true Sant does not allow it.

Also Baba Nand Singh ji did not allow a lone woman to visit the Gurdwara, she had to be accompanied by male member from her family.

He did not pose, but only rest on a bairagan (an arm rest used as support when praying). Do you even know how much bhagti Babaji used to do? Obviously not. Wherever he went he went empty handed, and lived in a khuli (thatched hut), or temporary units which were set on fire after he left, so he would have no attachment to anything but God's name, spreading God's word. And those with him were told not to accept any money or valuables.

He used to say the real treasure is the faith one has in God.

during the late seventies early eighties I had the blessing of attending so many rehnsbhais in the UK where the love and satkar in between Singhs was genuine and many times I saw the avasta wale singhs rushing to do fateh and bowing to each other, if you want to criticise some of the people involved include Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh ji, Bhai Jarmail SIngh ji, Nirmal SIngh ji, Tarlochan SIngh ji , Raghbir SIngh ji ...their inner life was so deep as is many of the people you disparaged as Babe...point is they can see with different eyes and do pranaam of Akal Purakh instead of the dehi.

It is one thing to just go blindly and copy others in front of pakhandi babe and another totally different thing to be overwhelmed by the naam vibe coming off true gursikhs

during the late seventies early eighties I had the blessing of attending so many rehnsbhais in the UK where the love and satkar in between Singhs was genuine and many times I saw the avasta wale singhs rushing to do fateh and bowing to each other, if you want to criticise some of the people involved include Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh ji, Bhai Jarmail SIngh ji, Nirmal SIngh ji, Tarlochan SIngh ji , Raghbir SIngh ji ...their inner life was so deep as is many of the people you disparaged as Babe...point is they can see with different eyes and do pranaam of Akal Purakh instead of the dehi.

It is one thing to just go blindly and copy others in front of pakhandi babe and another totally different thing to be overwhelmed by the naam vibe coming off true gursikhs

Where did I criticise anybody penji? Or mention any names? I only stated the truth, that there are ones that don't stop people from matha tek to them, some actually make fools of people making out they are of high spiritual status, when they are not. I have also experienced this myself.

You are the one that has written all the above names, where I haven't even mentioned any Sant or any Mahapursh, I'm talking about the pakhandis.

If anything I have talked with respect of high avasta mahapursh, neither have I said who is or is not avasta wale Sikhs, so please don't turn something into what it's not.

7.1.1 Guru’s Image In the preliminary stages, many seekers of Truth, while resorting to the Simran of “Waheguru,” fix their mind on Guru Nanak, Guru Gobind Singh or some incarnation or other, but they have to face a great difficulty in the final stages. I myself used to have a picture of Guru Nanak before my eyes when I began Simran. At first, this device proved very useful in promoting concentration. As I progressed, I visualized that the picture scintillated with sparks of light and glowed with life - as if Guru Nanak was present in the flesh. Then my joy knew no bounds. Whenever I so chose, I could, as it were, have a glimpse of the Guru. I felt as if the image of the Guru dwelt in my heart, and when 1 chose, I closed my eyes, and I could visualize the Guru within.

7.4.1 My First Illusion When I first felt this stage of effortless union with God, I thought that though my bliss was infinite, yet Simran was seemingly wanting, and so 1 fancied that without Simran God-worship was meaningless. At first, I imagined that God-worship consisted in repeating the Divine Name only; then I conceived that mental Simran was God-worship: now I felt as if Simran had ceased altogether and, therefore, I felt that the repose of the mind in peace and poise, without Simran, was not God-worship and was, I thought, a mere waste of time. For years, I laboured under this delusion.

Here again he has problem going on ahead.

7.4.2 Second Illusion The devotee labours under another illusion. In this spiritual state, he falls into the state of Sukh Nindra, or the ”Sleep of Ease,” which the yogis call the sleep of Tandra. In this stage we live as in a sweet, dreamless sleep, when all thought is absent. But the devotee must beware of this sleep and remain poised in the state of Sahej. This sleep of ease blocks the way to further spiritual progress, and labouring under a delusion, we fancy that it is the culminating stage of spiritual advancement. I strayed in this state for long. My inner voice said that this was not the final stage, and the journey ahead was yet long, but I could not see the way ahead. Whenever I tried to concentrate, the Sleep of Ease overpowered me. At last, I chanced upon a book, in English, A Visit to a Gyani, by Edward Carpenter, at an auctioneer’s shop, a study of which resolved my long-standing doubts and my spiritual progress was accelerated:

Here above again he was stuck and needed help to continue.

A Mahatma used to remark, “Householders must not indulge in an excess of Samadhi, for it tends to create too much detachment from worldly affairs and one feels disinclined to throw one’s whole heart into the affairs of the world. One continues to yearn for the Sahej state, as one yearns for the joys of kingship which one has enjoyed in a happy dream!”

I find this confusing - as we are supposed to have swas swas simran even when in grist.... so why would anybody discourage any one from doing bhaagti. Unless saying waheguru during the day is not part of bhagti.

It is a pity that although there are enough Sikh colleges and schools for secular education to spare, there is not a single Sikh institution for the guidance of spiritual seekers. For want of appropriate assistance in Simran, many aspirants to spiritual advancement, such as myself, have to wait for years before we can progress from one stage to another.

I thought an individual would be able to progress from one stage to another with the help of reading gurbani as it is supposed to contain everything.

A Mahatma used to remark, “Householders must not indulge in an excess of Samadhi, for it tends to create too much detachment from worldly affairs and one feels disinclined to throw one’s whole heart into the affairs of the world. One continues to yearn for the Sahej state, as one yearns for the joys of kingship which one has enjoyed in a happy dream!”

I find this confusing - as we are supposed to have swas swas simran even when in grist.... so why would anybody discourage any one from doing bhaagti. Unless saying waheguru during the day is not part of bhagti.

Depends on the mental state of the individual and their karams. There have been a small number of cases where excess Naam Jap made them lose control of everything around them and their state of mind is not stable (Divana/Maste), pretty sure there was a bibi who was in this state and mentioned in the Autobiography of Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. You will need to approach someone who has reached this plane to find out if through continuation they eventually snap out of it and continue progressing.

It is a pity that although there are enough Sikh colleges and schools for secular education to spare, there is not a single Sikh institution for the guidance of spiritual seekers. For want of appropriate assistance in Simran, many aspirants to spiritual advancement, such as myself, have to wait for years before we can progress from one stage to another.

I thought an individual would be able to progress from one stage to another with the help of reading gurbani as it is supposed to contain everything.

I keep on banging on about poorbley karams in many posts but this is because they make a massive difference to what we are able to achieve in this life. In example also, nothing out of the ordinary mentioned. Several years is nothing, it can take MANY life times to remove ego from this soiled 'man' otherwise be easy and more genuine brahmgianis walking the Earth.