CHAUR SAHIB SEWA

Sher Khalsa

no way singh, when i met you i saw one chardi kala singh, and how could i forget your huge "japhi" - hug before we parted :wub:

it is that kind of love from amritdhari singhs and singhnees which bring us monai closer to the khalsa panth. i wish more people who take amrit realize they are representing sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh...

...hunji "son of Guru Gobind Singh ji"...i understad and agree what you're saying...but..not eveyone is blessed with the chance to take amrit..right...maybe it has been written for them to do the seva by the Guru...soo..to my point of view..we (the gursikhs) should only advice and tell them how is the seva done appropriately...and accordingly to the akal thakth...

...we can't just ban them from coming to gurduara just because they want to participate along in the seva...Am i right to say that nobody can stop them from doing the seva???

..sorry veerji..i might be wrong with everything...but this is my point of view...

...thus...my question is...what will you do if you see a monai doing chaur seva even though you have already told him before the appropraite way of the seva??:T:...will you pull the chaur sahib from his hand and kick his <admin-profanity filter activated> and ban him from coming to gurduara?? :| ..babaji.. i hope not...the most you could do is continue the chaur seva form him..thats allmate....

...dasoji...what do you think???..am i wrong???

...Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Gurfateh....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Why is it that if someone wants to get closer to Sikhi or to get closer to God there are so many who wish to turn them away.

How do you know that some mona that is doing chaur sahib dee seva is someone who is taking steps to get closer to God.

Doesnt Guru ji say that one should help to bring others closer to God. If something makes you forget God stay away, if something helps you to remember God, then by all means do whatever you can. Would you rather kick these people out, tell them they can't do seva and give them the oppurtunity to go to a club or out drinking or something? What if one day a mona stands behing Guru Granth Sahib Jee to do Chaur Sahib dee seva and is suddenly enlightened, and realizes just what Guru Jee means to them? Isn't it better to see that one person come closer to God?

Why not forget about trying to push people away, telling them they can't do seva or whatever else, and show them that Guru ji is here with open hands...

"crn srin gur eyk pYfw jwie cl

churun suran gur eaek paiddaa jaae chulu

siq gur koit pYfw Awgy hoie lyq hY ]

sath gur kott paiddaa aagae hoe laeth hai "

Yes Akal Takhat has given a hukum nama, but at the same time our Guru Ji has said that everyone is equal, our religion is open to everyone. Sri Darbar Sahib has four doors. North, West, East, South.... They welcome everyone openly.

If your smarter than Guru ji, then fine... otherwise, let people be... let the

m be on their path to God at their own level. Dont expect everyone to be at your level.......

If I wasn't AmritDhari, I would challange you to try to stop me from doing seva... My brother is under the age of 15... he doesnt have amrit yet, hes waiting until he appreciates the true meaning of Amrit... try to stop him from doing Seva... If you wanna argue some points and make sure that the maryada of our Dharam is not broken then choose a topic that actually make sense, like the Gurudwara's that serve alcohol and meat in Gurudwaras. Or the chairs that are still in some Gurudwaras.....

pul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Fateh...

...vaheguru...vaheguru...vaheguru...

..well said...sensible enough mate!!! grin.gif ...nice one...well..not everyone has the similar way of thinking like yourself...now i know that there is someone else who thinks like i do...

...chardikala for ever mate... :e:

phul chuk maaf...

..Gurfatehz...

...ve muthajah, ve paarvah...nanak das kaho gurvah...

. You know that non-muslims cannot enter the Kabba, so you wouldn't even try to do that because it's understood to you that it's against their rules. So why is it that we have a problem of following the rules of Sikhi where we are wiling to abide by rules of other religions?

I don't understand how you cannot recite Gurbani while doing seva of washing utensils or while cleaning the joore of Sangat.

"Rehit Binaa Tankhaae Jaano"

Anyone who doesn't follow rehit is a tankhaae to even begin with, so there really shouldn't be this question if tankhaaes can do seva of Guru Sahib.

fateh..

..veerjii..please show me one prove from gurbani supporting your statement>>>Anyone who doesn't follow rehit is a tankhaae to even begin with, so there really shouldn't be this question if tankhaaes can do seva of Guru Sahib.<<

..no offence...

...and to clear things out...i never said that You are holy or anything like that..don't get the wrong idea..i have seen people acctually scolding a monai because he was doing chaur seva...these people think that they are much more superior that non gursikhs..i was talking about them...not you mate..

...and what i meant about not

needing to recite gurbani is when you are having a programme in temple and a monai should not be the one giving a katha or like should not go and read the hukumnama for the rest of the sangat...

..and bout the rules of other religion...not of any of my interest..thanks for the info anyway...

..sorry for giving you the wrong idea...and please tell me more on the "rebel gurduara"..i really have no idea on this matter...

...phul chuk maaf..

..gurfateh...

This is simply a matter of protocol.

We are fast forgetting what a Gurdwara is actually representing and this is partly due to the influence of committee/management trying to copy and emulate their christian Church of England style approach.

The Gurdwara is a "Darbar" -a court.

Guru Granth Sahib is the "Maharaja" -King (of Kings)

We, the sangat are Courtiers of Maharaj's Darbar.

Any court has its protocol. We have ours:-

-Remove shoes (and wash hands and feet)

-Keep your heads covered

-Do not turn your back to Maharaj

-Do not gossip in the presence of Maharaj

These customs are not unique to Sikhs, they are customary in all Darbars of Moghul and Hindu Emperors and Rajas.

Hence, why the Sri Guru is placed on a thakt (throne) and has the royal attendent at guard and in service -this is largely missing today, for would you expect the Queen of England say to allow just anyone, no matter how much pyar they had for her etc etc, to be her personal guard and much less her attendent?

Well, likewise for Maharaj. There is nothing brahmanical or prejudice about it.

Only an Amritdhari can perform this service in the Darbar.

At home or elsewhere, this may be relaxed, however in a Gurdwara, these roles are reserved for Amritdharis.

awesome analogy! true it is a darbar, and Guru Sahib is our King. :wub:

Just to be clear, the analogy was between the Queen, not the darbar...a Gurdwara is a Darbar, nothing less.

That also means, walking in their with your tracksuit bottoms and massive karas like "gangstas" is not protocol either.

Likewise having pendu christmas decorations around Maharaj is far short of the respect that needs to be given.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Before I start anything, let me request everyone to not raise questions which have been previously discussed. If we are going to use this tactic to put weight on our side of the discussion then we aren't going to learn anything. So if you are new to this thread, please read the previous posts because most of what was raised today has actually already been answered to on this same thread.

And before anyone clicks on the 'Post Reply' button again, I want you to think about the meaning of this shabad:

pWc isMG AMimRq jo dyvYN qW ko isr Dr Ck pun lyvY ]

pun iml pWco rihq jo BwKY qW ko mn myN idRV kr rwKY ]

puMn sMg swry pRBU jI sunweI ibnw qyg qIrM rho nWh BweI ]

ibnw SSqR kysM nrM Byf jwno ghY kwn qW ko ikqY lY isDwno ]

iehY mor AwigAw suno hy ipAwry ]

ibnw qyg kysM idvo n dIdwry ]

iehY mor bYnw mMnY su joeI iqsY ie~C pUrI sBY jwn soeI ]

Please post your views on this shabad when replying to my post.

Gurvir, I personally would not pull the chaur sahib from any person. And this is not what anyone is propagating through this thread. We are only explaning how it was like traditionally so IF ANYONE OF US is ever stopped from performing any seva we know it is because of our own personal fault and not because of anyone else's ego or anything. And about any mona doing chaur sahib seva, it should be understood to the wazirs of Guru Sahib what is right and what is wrong and they should have enough guts to stop any anti-gurmat or beadi of Guru Sah

ib taking place. And if everyone understood their job, our Granthi Singhs should be the ones explanning to the 'mona' person why he can't do seva 'yet'. But ofcourse with pyaar! If I had to be the one explanning why, I wouldn't mind either. I personally dont' hate any mone just because their cut their hair. But when it comes to rehit for many thousands gave their lives away, I think we should preserve every part of it.

Yes Akal Takhat has given a hukum nama, but at the same time our Guru Ji has said that everyone is equal, our religion is open to everyone. Sri Darbar Sahib has four doors. North, West, East, South.... They welcome everyone openly.
So far you guys really haven't explained how Sikhi is open for everyone. Yes, come and listen to Gurbani sit in sangat, eat langar but freedom is not given openly to everyone to call themselves a Sikh. Guru Sahib has shown the marag of 'sir deeje kaan na keeji' to his Sikhs. One who walks through this road of giving your head to Guru Sahib like the Punj Pyare did, then only can one call him/herself a Sikh.

Lets not forgot that Guru Sahib has told us: so isKu sKw bMDpu hY BweI ij gur ky Bwxy ivic AwvY ]

If Guru Sahib clearly says that only those who follow the will of Guru Sahib is a Sikh, then why do we keep on cradicting Guru Sahib's message? Isn't it his will to be sarab surat? What about the above Shabad of Dasam Pitta where he tells anyone who cuts hair to not even show his face to him? Isn't it our duty to ensure that Guru's wishes are not ignored? What's more important? Guru's hukam or anyone's pe

rsonal sentiments?

Sikh is one who is a student. So if anyone wants to become a Sikh, he has to start off from the first level, like anyone else. So come and listen to Gurbani and think about relating it to your life.

If I wasn't AmritDhari, I would challange you to try to stop me from doing seva...

haha.. and what would you do if I requested you to follow Guru Sahib's maryada? beat me up? This tells us why you even posted under this thread. And also makes it clear why you guys think otherwise when it comes to seva of Guru Sahib. If anyone has ego programs then obviously they cannot be helped.

..veerjii..please show me one prove from gurbani supporting your statement

the proof is right there in the quotation marks. That's a REHIT NAAMA.

I guess this is it... and nice post niranjana.