Suicide

Guest Singhni

Guest Singhni

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Why shouldn't I kill myself?

I wish my soul never existed to be in this cycle of life and death. I feel like I don't deserve to be happy, and that Vaheguru Ji hates me. Why did He bother with me?

My eyes well up when I think of how much I've let down my Guru, and how I'll never experience Gursikhi Jeevan. I'll get worse. I feel like I won't get any help in my life because I am a waste. My Guru is disappointing with me. No one sees any hope in me.

I simply don't care anymore, I might as well add to my bad deeds by killing myself in every life because what is the point of never being happy in the life I am living?

I've messed my life up big time.

Guest Guest Kaur

Vjkk Vjkf penji,

I saw the title of your post and knew I had to reply - because I've also been going through something similar, some tough times these past few months and it's had a real negative effect on me; psychologically & my jeevan... 

But I know that Maharaj has been and will always be there for us, even after we make mistakes - He forgives but teaches us a lesson in the process.

The only thing that keeps me motivated to keep going is a Gurmantar jaap I've been trying to complete (in hope this will please Maharaj even in the slightest to help me in life) and sitting in Maharajs hazoori for as long as I can. I think you should try the same, as Maharaj will always help those who go to Him and beg, He knows our inner hearts and our pain and has done so many miracles for us all and will continue doing so.

Also this video helped me a lot - as Bhai Sahib explains he was majorly depressed but after he offered his heart to Maharaj things started falling in place. I think its a lesson for us all. 

Your life is worth living, regardless of the mistakes you have made, if you go to Maharaj and do a heartfelt ardaas he will show you the way, although it may take effort and time - He is the ultimate giver.

I hope you are slightly appeased after reading this.

Vjkk Vjkf! :-)

Guest london jwaan

Depending on what your bad deeds are, it is highly unlikely that guruji will hate you. He will want you back on the right path.

While you are alive, you have options. Options to change your life, albeit that might involve courage and difficult decisions. But there is a possibility of a better life and happiness. If you are dead, you have no options and the future will never improve and your life on this earth will have had no meaning and will have been a waste..

There is a lot of poison fanaticism being thrown around these forums. Ignore hostile answers and the fanatics. Repent for whatever it is you have done in front of the Guru, and have faith in the gurus path. But before all of that, calm your mind and evaluate what it is that makes you feel like that, what you can do to improve it, and for the rest put your faith in the guru. Things will turn around.

Penji Singhni, Don't worry about anything, Waheguru doesn't hate anybody. 

Dont lose hope, You need to put your trust back into Waheguru and that will happen with time, if you let it and love Guruji. Guruji probably has something good lined up for you. You may not see it now, but you have to think this phase you are going through is temporary, it will not last, good days will come. 

Don't do anything stupid, is there anybody you can talk to? 

These links were pasted by Singhbj paji on another post, but I'm adding them here for you too. 

Contact one of them:

As Daljit paji has asked, how do you feel you have messed up? 

Stay in Hukam. 

Some shabads for you to sing, ask Guruji to help you. 

Guest Jacfsing2

You can mess-up a trillion times and counting and Vaheguru will still love you. Your love for the Vaheguru will provide a strong reason to live; and he won't let you fail, he loves you so much that he's blessed you with something 99% of the world will never know, and that is that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji will hold your hand every step of the way till the end of the time because he loves you. Don't do anything that will lead to sorrow for Vaheguru, human life is very valuable chance to meet Vaheguru: regardless of your past, as our way is through grace and love, not actions. (Though still important). Vaheguru loves you!

Guest the lone singher

this is my opinion based on my limited knowledge

it doesn't matter what you have done, what matters is that you realise it now; your lack of understanding probably underlies your feelings and leads to confusion

if you realise your shortcomings then you can make the changes. i would suggest you try to understand your purpose - that you have been given this chance of a human existence - you can learn this by doing what every sikh should do which is : be a sikh- a sikh is a learner and have your own personal development paln for sikhi - do your own research/study and become a student of Nanak- once you understand his teachings you will have your answers

remember Guru Nanak went and sat amongst those who had sinned too, from murders to thieves - and they changed....and so can you, become Nanak's student and he will show you the way

all the best 

GuruNanakDevJiokirpadyarakhaGuestSinghninuJio_/\_

BethiSInghniJio,

Listen toSarabRogKaAukhadNaam daily,and we are not here to impress anyone, but Vahiguroo Jio; who only expects us to Jaap Naam, so we can see Him within us:)

You know, one thing Sikhs need to calm the hell down with is the crazy expectations of having x type of job, and having some sort of high flyer career in society and top university 'dagree'. Many times over the years, we come across brothers and sisters on the Interweb that are outright depressed and demoralised because they haven't got these things. Or because they went uni and things never went the way they wanted. 

I think that is dangerous.