TheeTurbanator

My Response to the recent Khalistani Music Video: "Kaali" by Chani Nattan

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There's definitley better Khalistan and Shaheed music out there. 

More culturally appropriate music, which paints itself in a more honorable way. 

I hope somebody gives these guys some firearm training. They don't handle their weapons well at all. 

Props for the map imagery and the #freejagginow shout out, but they might want to train before trying to pull anything off. I kept feeling like they were about to fumble and drop those weapons. 

My personal rating is a shaky meh, with some smh mixed in, but good for them. 

Hopefully the proceeds go to some form of charity. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I agree with OP.

I thought this song was about Kaali Naagni.

May as well be seeing as they're dressed like gangbangers.

:)

Edited by MrDoaba
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I agree with OP.

I thought this song was about Kaali Naagni.

May as well be seeing as they're dressed like gangbangers.

:)

Hello. Keep it PG. This is the second time I've had to warn you bro.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, S4NGH said:

I'm sorry I don't follow? PG....?

11 minutes ago, S4NGH said:

But he didnt even say anything wrong... 

• Thanks 1

Also I'd like to say it's a good effort the music producers and singers have talent its not all bad track however. The message is not right as people don't really look up to rudeboys/thugs and gangsters. Maybe criminals or school/college teen kids might... but your average person don't they might respect them or they might out of fear of violence but they hate them and wish them dead really.

Armed Sikh shaheeds ....all those good people who carried weapons to defend the faith, holy places and the normal innocent people however they will always be loved and remembered for their deeds of bravery for the righteous and good causes. If you look at the 1980s the intelligent and wise hindu punjabi's knew that real armed Sikh separatists were their punjabi brothers and would never try to scare them or turn their guns on them. Only fake sikh indian intelligence agents or criminals/gangsters (hindutva or congress funded) dressed up as Sikhs would try to do that. Sadly the evil Indian authorities were successful in their policies.

That is the difference between great punjabi sikh shaheeds like sant bhindranwale amoung many who was respected and feared by oppressive indian authorities not for his alleged "militancy" but the ideological change he was bringing in Sikh and punjabi society by waking up a sleeping sikh consciousness to change their bad ways (of taking intoxicants, feelings of depression and helplessness, fighting for useless anti-sikh issues, etc) and reconnect with their faith. So he died defending the rights of Sikhs and Sikhi and we can see the stark contrast with low life Canadian punjabi thugs/gangsters like bindi johal who died for only drugs and cash.

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 2

Vahiguroo Jio,

please remove kali video, that is rap music and dance, defaming nobility of Sikhi atey Gurbani, and Jaggi featured..and youth on bike, TOTALLY FOOLISHLY GIVING nindia to innocence of Jaggi atey Sikhs who can only afford bike for transportion...GURBANI IS BANI NOT kali, that video on my facebook too, and i commented for them to be sure they earned enough Naam Jorr as Vaho past noble Shaheed Singho, who ONLY SAINT WARRIORS AGAINST EVIL there, as bush for his father against sadam IN >DEFENSE < not offense ji_/\_

Edited by sitokaur
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 8:33 PM, TheeTurbanator said:

Please watch the video before you read my response: 

Thanks for putting this video up brother.

MY RESPONSE: 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

As someone who actually supports the concept of an independent state run on Sikh values (Khalistan), I don’t think that songs like this do anything for positive the movement. We need less gang bang hood type of music videos, and we need actual change in terms of drug addiction, female infanticide, low birth rates, lack of education, etc, all of which will actually help the Sikh community, rather than a music video in which we are waving around guns and talking about assassinating people. 

Singhs have been assassinating dushts since Akaal Purakh Waheguru Jio gave Sachi Sarkaar Chhevin Patshah Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji Maharaj the hukam to raise the panth's army for this very purpose.

All of the panth's wars, battles and encounters have been fought for this purpose. If it wasn't for panthic Singhs assassinating enemies of the panth, it's likely many ordinary Sikhs wouldn't exist today.

I can't even put into words how Gurbani resonates with the beauty of Akaal striking the living daylights out of dushts.

There is nothing wrong with assassinating dushts. In fact it is Har Hukam. There is no plainer way of saying this, but those that don't punish dushts are just disobeying Hukam (I don't exclude myself from this statement).

There is nothing wrong with talking about assassinating dushts either. What's wrong is just talking about it, and not carrying it out.

They put videos of Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, but don’t realize that whenever people came to him asking to join the movement, the first thing he said was to pick up a Gutka before the Gun, because the real power of Sikhi comes from Bani. Baba Bhindranwale also never boasted or showed off, and and neither did he all of a sudden start demanding a separate state, but he primarily focused on major issues in the panth, and used violence as a last resort. Our community has a habit of ignoring the important humanitarian and intellectual work of sevadaars and mainly focusing on the action part. People always talk about Baba Deep Singh as a physical warrior, but forget how he had an entire life of studying Bani that led up to his legendary Shaheedi. 

Bhagti mein Shakti

We all like to talk about Khalistan, yet forget the main issues affecting the panth like drug addiction, farmer debt, suicide, casteism, sexism, lack of education, low birthrates, etc. The Panth doesn't have the infrastructure to build or support another country, and before we start boasting about end goals, we should at least primarily focus on our main issues. 

I have considered and debated these issues for years.

Eventually, I concluded that none of these issues can be solved without Khalistan.

A common response that I get is that this is just a music video, and that it at least does a good job of reminding people about important issues, however I would argue that there are better ways of talking about the issue of Sikh independence without waving around weapons and acting like a gang. The last thing the Panth, and the Khalsitani movement needs right now is even more bad publicity, and videos like this only reinforce the common held belief that the main advocates of Khalistan were from the west.

(Though I know you don't dispute this,) It's the other way around. The main advocates of Khalistan were and are still in the east. Here in the west we are just following in their footsteps.

It's not really their fault that Singhs on the ground can't afford to be outspoken though.

PS: At least they didn’t put a communist flag in this video, it was a decent song tho. 

Lol

Question for the Sangat: What do you guys think of this video? 

To be honest, I thought it was alright 😁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jashb said:

There is nothing wrong with talking about assassinating dushts either. What's wrong is just talking about it, and not carrying it out.

You completely misunderstand my point, im not criticizing the fact that they are singing about assassinations, but the manner in which they are doing so. Sikhs traditionally had a lot of humility and discipline, but these guys are acting like a Gangbangers, and its not a great image for Sikhs. Just look at the way they are boasting and waving around guns. There is a certain etiquette and way to talk about sensitive topics. Music videos like this just make the entire freedom movement look bad. 

1 hour ago, jashb said:

have considered and debated these issues for years.

Eventually, I concluded that none of these issues can be solved without Khalistan.

Stupid argument. We as Sikhs need to stop blaming others for our problems and take responsibility. The Indian government isnt everywhere, and responsible for everything. The very fact that we have so much caste and lack of education in the WEST, outside of India, shows that we are doing this to ourselves. 

It's time to come out of denial mode and accept the reality, the Sikh community is harming itself. 

1 hour ago, jashb said:

(Though I know you don't dispute this,) It's the other way around. The main advocates of Khalistan were and are still in the east. Here in the west we are just following in their footsteps.

It's not really their fault that Singhs on the ground can't afford to be outspoken though.

Let's be honest, the main activists for Khalistan are in the west, and Khalistan movement in India was destroyed in the 1980-90s, they fought a war they could not win, and they lost. The remnants of their ideology fled to the west becuase they would not be safe in india. 

The tactics the Khalistanis used in the past did not work, and will never work. It's time we focus on fixing our major issues and spreading Sikhi. Maybe in a few generations when we are more competent that we should openly demand a separate state, but for now a united india is our best option against both India and Pakistan.  

1 hour ago, jashb said:

To be honest, I thought it was alright 😁 

This music video demonstrates the horrible state of the panth, we are all talk, we can't even do anything besides making music videos. The people who made that video are probably all blacklisted from india. We need less gangbangers and wanna be freedom fighters, and more proper education and academic focus. AK47s dont work anymore, it's time to update our strategy. 

Edited by TheeTurbanator
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

You completely misunderstand my point, im not criticizing the fact that they are singing about assassinations, but the manner in which they are doing so. Sikhs traditionally had a lot of humility and discipline, but these guys are acting like a Gangbangers, and its not a great image for Sikhs. Just look at the way they are boasting and waving around guns. There is a certain etiquette and way to talk about sensitive topics. Music videos like this just make the entire freedom movement look bad. 

LOL

If you say so, kakeyo!

Stupid argument. We as Sikhs need to stop blaming others for our problems and take responsibility.

Stupid argument da lagda, chhittar na khalee tutti'ch pyonke.

The Indian government isnt everywhere, and responsible for everything. The very fact that we have so much caste and lack of education in the WEST, outside of India, shows that we are doing this to ourselves. 

It's time to come out of denial mode and accept the reality, the Sikh community is harming itself. 

Let's be honest, the main activists for Khalistan are in the west, and Khalistan movement in India was destroyed in the 1980-90s, they fought a war they could not win, and they lost. The remnants of their ideology fled to the west becuase they would not be safe in india. 

The tactics the Khalistanis used in the past did not work, and will never work. It's time we focus on fixing our major issues and spreading Sikhi. Maybe in a few generations when we are more competent that we should openly demand a separate state, but for now a united india is our best option against both India and Pakistan.  

😁 Kal da jammeya kakeya, tu sanu panjaab da santaap bare sikhayenga?

Ponki ja kakeya, lagga reh...

This music video demonstrates the horrible state of the panth,

Vadda aaya judge te jury

We are all talk, we can't even do anything besides making music videos. The people who made that video are probably all blacklisted from india. We need less gangbangers and wanna be freedom fighters, and more proper education and academic focus. AK47s dont work anymore, it's time to update our strategy. 

Karleh update fer. Pesh kar teri navi strategy. Lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jashb said:

Stupid argument da lagda, chhittar na khalee tutti'ch pyonke.

This one line represents a lot of what is wrong with the modern day Khalistani movement. When you get criticized, you personally attack the person instead of the actual argument. 

23 minutes ago, jashb said:

Karleh update fer. Pesh kar teri navi strategy. Lol

The first step is education. You people need to get more intellectual first and spread Sikhi before you pick up weapons. 

• Like 3