How could they be Saints?

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadhsangat I have another Silly question blush.gif

My question is Bhagat Sain, Bhagat Kabir, etc and other Bhagats, were not sikhs or had no religion and are mntioned in the Siri guru granth Sahib ji and even wrote in the Siri guru granth sahib ji, but they weren't sikhs! and so my question is how are they considered holy people or saints with no religion and didn't follow sikhi :wub: :T:

In Sukhmani SAhib, Guru Sahib has written "sarab dharam mai sraysht dharam"

In the root of all religions is the same divine faith

This is the divine faith, the russ, amrit, nectar, that Guru nanak gave to the world in the pure form...

All of the saints in Gurbani practiced and preached this divine faith

the Guru of Sikhi is Waheguru,

Waheguru in Shabad roop is Guru Nanak

Guru Nanak in his other roop is Guru Granth Sahib

the roop is different the Guru is only ONE

all the saints of Guru Granth Sahib followed this Guru.

please forgive my mistakes,

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaavaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadhsangat I have another Silly question blush.gif

My question is Bhagat Sain, Bhagat Kabir, etc and other Bhagats, were not sikhs or had no religion and are mntioned in the Siri guru granth Sahib ji and even wrote in the Siri guru granth sahib ji, but they weren't sikhs! and so my question is how are they considered holy people or saints with no religion and didn't follow sikhi :wub: :T:

Welcome to the Universality of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib that is beyond the captivites of a Religion.

2 ways to look at it.

1. A Sikh in general sense that everyone who seeks the creator with honesty is a Sikh. We are all Seekers and Learners. We are all Sikhs regardless of ones religion. In that sense All the bhagats were Sikhs. Because they all were Seekers of their Beloved and they found their beloved and became one.

. If one looks at it from the Organized Religions point of view, then NO they were not Sikhs. Again it comes down to the definition of a Sikh, Following The Rehit of the SPGC , Bhagats were not Sikhs, unless Bhagat Naamdev somehow took Amrit when Bhagat Namdevji left his mortal frame on January 14, 1350 at Ghoman. And Guru Nanak Dev ji came into this world in 1469. Over 100 years before even the mention of Sikhi, much less the Khalsa Panth.

Also why are we trying to capture the bhagats into the boundries of an organized religion. I have said this before and i will say this again....Any Enlightened person cannot be held to A religion, Truth that the Bhagats possesed is not a part of "a" Religion, it is Universal and they are beyond the lables of the world. The reason the words of those Enlightened Masters whom the sikhs call Bhagats were added to the Guru Granth Sahib was because the Same Truth was spoken by them as did was by Guru Nanak dev ji. Their Bani is equal to the Gurus. When we Bow to the SGGS we bow to the Bhagats and Gurus equally.

The question was asked to the 5th Nanak, Are you Hindu or Muslim? He spoke He is neither, why not then at that point Guru ji say he is a Sikh?? A perfect oppotunity to repersent the Religion that would become.

this is just my opinion and views. They are not Concrete.

JSS ji, that is a very deep question. So, you are asking if God is Shabad Roop....if i understand you, you mean is God only understood through the Word/Verse?

What about: Gurbani is the Shabad Roop of Waheguru.

Gurbani is the Word of God, or Gurbani, the Word, is the way God has revealed themselves to us?

what did you mean....

Bhula Chuka Maaf Karnea Ji.

1. A Sikh in general sense that everyone who seeks the creator with honesty is a Sikh. We are all Seekers and Learners. We are all Sikhs regardless of ones religion. In that sense All the bhagats were Sikhs. Because they all were Seekers of their Beloved and they found their beloved and became one.

Pheena jee, Sikh are those who follow the hukam of dhan guru sacchay patshah Guru Gobind singh jees of having naam simran and the saroop of panj kakkars.. not just learner and seeker makes one a sikh.

Why can't one be saint is one is not a sikh?All the bhagats had thieir Gurus also just like we have.

Bhagat Kabir ji guru was Ramanand and so had others also.

How could you say that they didn;t have any Dharam?

The meaning of Dharam is righteousness and not religion or "mazhab"which is just a interpretation of English and midlle easteren languages diving the people.

Bhagats were all Sachkhand Vasis and Guru sahib accepted the truth as they considered it sharper than the edge of sword.

At the time when people were diving on themselves on teh name of faith and prophets , guru sahiban was first in this world to break this and accept the true gurbani of Bhagats as with their own. Is their any other democracy, secularism this? I havn't seen yet.

Sat Sri Akal:

"he question was asked to the 5th Nanak, Are you Hindu or Muslim? He spoke He is neither, why not then at that point Guru ji say he is a Sikh??"

It would be remiss to not mention that the same light that was held by the physical frame of Guru Nanak was also present in the physical frame called Guru Gobind Singh, who took Amrit from the Panj Pyare and was immersed into the Khalsa Panth, along with the Sikhs. He was a member of the Khalsa Panth after that, just like the Sikhs who took, have taken and will take Amrit from the Panj Pyare.

As per the Bhagats, it would also be very important to mention that the teachings of the Bhagats were chosen by the Guru Sahiban to be included into the Guru Granth Sahib. These teachings were treasures that Guru Sahib merged into its Shabad Roop. Regardless of whether the Bhagats were Sikhs or not is really not relevant. What is relevant is that they were teachings that Guru Sahib included in the Guru Granth Sahib to guide the Sikhs. It was the Akali Bachan to the Panth to guide them to the true purpose of humanity. Guru Sahib never said the Bhagats were Sikhs or not...but Guru Sahib did say to follow the Guru Granth Sahib, to become Sikhs and to become part of the Khalsa Panth (a Mughal spy record the words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji urging those gathered to abandon their olden associations and confinements and to become part of the Khalsa Panth by taking Amrit and becoming siblings). Therefore, the Guru Sahib led by his word and his actions.

If this moorakh has said anything wrong against Gurmat, Daas begs forgiveness.