Diljit dosponge

Big_Tera

15 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Tha fact is its best to do nothing if you are not prepared to do the job properly. Its not about him proclaiming to be an idol. Its just some who think he is. 

Looks like he needed some more publicity for his latest castist track so went to visit for the hunger strike to get it. Why have you ignored everyone's views of him. Looks like you see him as your idol? 

You think its okay for someone to wear a turban with a haircut underneath. This guy should be ashamed of himself. Stop disrespecting the turban!

Yes he may have done some good things. But overall he has done more bad and is not someone Sikhs shoud look up to. 

my idol is Guru Granth Sahib ji, the das pathshaiyah and the shaheeds of the panth, not diljit or any one else. but your issues with him are blatantly out of jealousy and you make yourself look bitter. ok big wow hes got a haircut under his pagg, at least he wears a pagg and actually makes it look fashionable for the wider audience? how many young lads who are pagg wale kept their kesh because of him? also go to punjab and u will find many moneh wear paggah, the pagg is a symbol of punjabiyat aswell. whatever diljit is, i think hes better than those with full kesh, who claim to be 'gursikhs', but most likely skip their nitnem and are full of jealousy and hatred,

On 6/3/2018 at 2:40 PM, Big_Tera said:

I never said he does not sell out tours or he is not rich.I said wannabe, as in he dresses like some wannabe gangster thug straight out of LA.

On top if that he wears a pagh without an actual joori. Most of his songs and movies go on about caste nonsence. 

What if Bhatras, tharkans, khatris came out with movies and songs about how great their caste is. How would other Sikhs feel watching and seeing this. It would just create more segregation and hostility towards each other. But obviously other castes have more common sence not to do this. He is not the only singer  doing it but is one of the more prominent ones. 

When non Sikhs watch these 'castist' videos and movies they must think all Sikhs are like this. That we just bang on about caste nonsence and how great we are. It makes us all look arrogant, stupid and full of ourselves.  Hence he is making all Sikhs look stupid no matter what caste they are from. As I said an embarrassment and a discrace to all Sikh communities. 

Don't know why the OP singled out Diljit. Plenty of punjabi singers I can think of who have done equally anti-Sikh things/displays in their music/videos

On 6/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, jkvlondon said:

really punjabi music has done that ? whilst trashing our kirdaar our sabachaar great work why not give all responsible medals then

There are some singers who sing vulgar songs with nude girls dancing. But there are good singers as well. There is a guy named Tarsem Singh Jassar who is very decent and talented. Ranjit Bawa is also pretty good. Then there is Raj Kakra who made the movie 'kaum de heere'.

There was an excellent spiritual movie 'ardaas' which was a big hit. Then there are movies that show the lifestyle and culture of our bazurgs like 'angrez'.

Punjabi cinemas has made very decent and clean movies which have been big hits commercially.

In punjab, in the last 10 years, Turban has made a strong comeback.

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

There are some singers who sing vulgar songs with nude girls dancing. But there are good singers as well. There is a guy named Tarsem Singh Jassar who is very decent and talented. Ranjit Bawa is also pretty good. Then there is Raj Kakra who made the movie 'kaum de heere'.

There was an excellent spiritual movie 'ardaas' which was a big hit. Then there are movies that show the lifestyle and culture of our bazurgs like 'angrez'.

Punjabi cinemas has made very decent and clean movies which have been big hits commercially.

In punjab, in the last 10 years, Turban has made a strong comeback.

not what I saw , I saw idiots walking around with do-rags with nike/designers stamps instead of proper dastars of all ages , beards trimmed , then the lovely shaved faded hairstyles with tramlines, cutout designs  etc ...

paggah have come back in the respect that moneh wear them on weddings or religous events. majority of youth in punjab is monah similar to uk canada us etc but a lot more have turned to gursikhs than the 1994 - 2004 period. a lot of moneh support khalistan and i beleive a few moneh got picked up in bathinda for this the other day. whether you class diljit as a sardar or monah, he has certainly help raise the profile of the pagg. youth would rather see diljit wearing gucci or armani than someone like ghuggi or jaswant bhalla.

also the title of this thread is a p!ss take... ridiculing diljit's surname but forgetting that this same surname of DOSANJH was the same as the great yodha jinda of kcf

1 hour ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

paggah have come back in the respect that moneh wear them on weddings or religous events. majority of youth in punjab is monah similar to uk canada us etc but a lot more have turned to gursikhs than the 1994 - 2004 period. a lot of moneh support khalistan and i beleive a few moneh got picked up in bathinda for this the other day. whether you class diljit as a sardar or monah, he has certainly help raise the profile of the pagg. youth would rather see diljit wearing gucci or armani than someone like ghuggi or jaswant bhalla.

also the title of this thread is a p!ss take... ridiculing diljit's surname but forgetting that this same surname of DOSANJH was the same as the great yodha jinda of kcf

I  remember attending my Masi's daughter wedding , seeing  the sea of men's hankies on heads including father of the Bride and groom, my Husband wearing a dastar (yep he made the effort despite it not being his natural culture)  said 'you think they would have more shame and attend the court of their king with the proper coverings on their heads.' I was left speechless a 'stranger' could feel for Guru ji what these fashion pitte couldn't . I think the only dastars were my brothers, Dad, three sons and my husband beside Granthi and Kirtania veer jis.
They might be wearing more but the behaviour at weddings made a mockery of the dastar...

4 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

1289073543_guilttrip.png.1cf2e9debc142bdfd47995929d0fd5c1.png

ਕਦੇ ਕਦੇ ਗਿਲਟ ਟ੍ਰਿਪ ਬਗੈਰ ਭੀ ਪੋਸਟ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ ਕਰ...

this topic seems now to be turning into monah bashing lol. i was a monah when i started wearing a gol taksali style dastaar, does that make me bad as diljit? 

JKV - i get what your husband is saying but then the flip side of this is seeing paggwale in pubs/strip clubs/bars etc. I remeber in my monah days seeing a 'gursikh' come to the pub and drink with everyone else like it was normal. 

this topic seems now to be turning into monah bashing lol. i was a monah when i started wearing a gol taksali style dastaar, does that make me bad as diljit? 

JKV - i get what your husband is saying but then the flip side of this is seeing paggwale in pubs/strip clubs/bars etc. I remeber in my monah days seeing a 'gursikh' come to the pub and drink with everyone else like it was normal. 

self-awareness is something ...we all grew up with the idea of not shaming up sikh panth by behaving in an objectionable way wearing the pehrawa ... He knows about the other side and finds the hypocrisy distasteful when guys and girls act like out of control gorey. he's from a culture where people drink but no-one gets blotto, puking all over the shop and becoming a nuisance to others . We've picked up the worst habits in our rush to be 'modern' , all the world's gandh we want to roll in it why ? Haven't we got eyes and ears , can't we hear what gorey say about such gorey who do this ?

depends are you pretending and flipping back and forth - I don't think so ... not monah bashing just illustrating the dearth of turbans even in gurughars ...