Side businesses and jobs

Big_Tera

Not sure if this is the correct section for this topic. 

Anyone have ideas of a sure to make money on the side. While doing a normal day to day job. 

I had an idea to dabble in opening a restaurant. But it involved to much time commitments and set up costs. 

Thats why I was thinking of a small buisness that is quick to set up and will provide a side income. I have some capital to invest but in the current economic climate I want to be sure I chose the right industry and sector to go in. 

In terms of current resources. 

I have a office that I am renting. Just gathering dust at the moment. Not sure what I can use it for. 

11 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Anyone have ideas of a sure to make money on the side. While doing a normal day to day job. 

I had an idea to dabble in opening a restaurant. But it involved to much time commitments and set up costs. 

Thats why I was thinking of a small buisness that is quick to set up and will provide a side income. I have some capital to invest but in the current economic climate I want to be sure I chose the right industry and sector to go in. 

I have a office that I am renting. Just gathering dust at the moment. Not sure what I can use it for. 

Restaurant is not something to do on the side. It is a very high-risk business involving full time commitment. Not to mention you have to be constantly worried about health and safety regulations, and you are at the mercy of customers, some of whom will complain just to get free meals etc,

What is your profession?

Maybe you could do something low-risk like offer a counselling or therapy sessions? Lots of people out there who are stressed or depressed and want to talk to someone about their problems. You could probably get a lot of custom just charging £20-30/hour. Don't think you require any diploma or formal qualifications for this either

12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

property: buy to let  will generate more income than savings in ISA long term plus money is safer , can liquidate funds when necessary , appreciates . Ideally get a property in  place where there is a demand for short letting e.g. airbnb  it to tourists .

Sublet your office on hourly /daily basis to alternative health practitioners , we're always looking for practice rooms , at the very least you'll be covering your rent

8 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Restaurant is not something to do on the side. It is a very high-risk business involving full time commitment. Not to mention you have to be constantly worried about health and safety regulations, and you are at the mercy of customers, some of whom will complain just to get free meals etc,

What is your profession?

Maybe you could do something low-risk like offer a counselling or therapy sessions? Lots of people out there who are stressed or depressed and want to talk to someone about their problems. You could probably get a lot of custom just charging £20-30/hour. Don't think you require any diploma or formal qualifications for this either

I work in IT and am a web designer. Due to my work field I could do the marketing for the buisness. Such as creating a website and designing adverts/flyers ect. 

Yep, the restuarant idea kind of fell away. As I would have to take up a 10 year lease. Which was quite pricey with no gaurantee it would work. Hence I was now looking for a a food stall to rent out as alternative. 

Counseling and alternative therapy seems interesting. Was actually of thinking of that. I do have a office room I could use for it. 

10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

property: buy to let  will generate more income than savings in ISA long term plus money is safer , can liquidate funds when necessary , appreciates . Ideally get a property in  place where there is a demand for short letting e.g. airbnb  it to tourists .

Sublet your office on hourly /daily basis to alternative health practitioners , we're always looking for practice rooms , at the very least you'll be covering your rent

Yep was defo looking into something like this.You cant beat buying property for the ultimate reliable investment. But I think like alot of things, house values has hit a boom. I dont think people buying now will make big profits like those who purchased houses 20 years ago. 

Currently I am looking to do a normal residential mortgage. The reason being I could still let it out through alternative ways. Was looking to purchase up north though as London prices are way to high at the moment. 

21 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

why is this on a sikhi forum? similar to your b.s and jealousy of diljit? similar to when you were asking for recipes for goat meat?

Well, bro, there are two aspects of Sikhism: miri and piri. Miri is the temporal, worldly aspect.

In order to have resources to conduct miri, you have to have money. And that's what he's asking about.

So why not ask your Sikh brothers about good ways to earn money, that will also be in accord with dharam di kirat? Where else would he ask that? General forums don't care about a business being in accord with Sikh maryada or not.

I grant that this particular forum "What's Happening" might not have been appropriate, but the question is indeed vital for us as Sikhs.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:44 AM, Big_Tera said:

Do you have 3700 pounds?

Buy a small car (Datsun Go, Maruti Alto, etc.) in India. They cost around 330000 rupees.

Sign up with Ola (similar to Uber) as an owner of the cab, and hire a deserving, poor Sikh as a driver for 15000 rupees per month. You'll take in about 50000 rupees per month.  You'll know where your cab is at all times.

Hire 2 drivers to drive day and night, and you double your take.

You achieve 2 goals: make money, and help Sikhs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ola+micro

14 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

you're right. This forum and most of the posts are totally irrelevant. Many years ago you could come on here and learn a lot of things from old members. Nowadays, I come on here and leave with "polluted" mind. ......No good for spirituality. Knocks you down many notches.

Erm, what? It is not totally irrelevant.

Are you a paunhari (consumer of air)? If not, you need food, water, and sustenance like the rest of us. And that comes from maya (money).

Sikhism does not teach to renounce the world and just to do Japji Sahib, etc:

ਭੂਖੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥

Bhookhae Bhagath N Keejai ||

I am so hungry, I cannot perform devotional worship service.

ਯਹ ਮਾਲਾ ਅਪਨੀ ਲੀਜੈ ॥

Yeh Mala Apanee Leejai ||

Here, Lord, take back Your mala.

Raag Sorath Bhagat Kabir, p656

The Bhagats go on to ask for daal, flour, ghee, salt, beans, cots, mattress, quilt, cow, horse, wife, etc.

Are those "totally irrelevant"?