sikh women

Guest missymiss

Decide for yourself.

Sikhs are supposed to be vegetarian. So most makeup.is made from animal products. Tho there are mineral and vegan makeups now.

Sikhs are supposed to keep their hair long and uncut. Because we keep our body as was given to us by God. To follow hukam. Does make up allow one to be natural?

Alot of ppl say sikhs are supposed to be saint-soldiers or activist-devotees.

But i think we forget sikhs are supposed to be like monk-householders. Thats another reason we keep our hair. As all spiritual seekers, rishi, munis, sants did. Our biggest goal should be to meditate and meet waheguruji. The household part should come as 2nd. Only to support ourselves. But we have made it our primary concern. 

You can go to sikhitothemax and search beauty or jewelry or shingaar or adornments to see what gurbani says about this. You can also take a hukamnama.

In order to come up with ur own understanding. Tho most sikhs and rehit do say, no jewelry or makeup

I don't think theres anything wrong with that, I mean everyone wants to look nice. What about all the young Singhs that wear all those Nike, Adidas hoodies and trainers and branded clothes etc  they obviously wear them to look nice. Iv seen some old paintings of nihungs and their wives are wearing jewelry 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:09 AM, Guest missymiss said:

Is it wrong for sikh amritdhari women to wear makeup and jewellery (without going over the top of course)? 

How can you even think of wearin make once you have done Amrit shak? Next you will want to know if you can wear shorts or like men. If not shorts then skirts like gora womens. I think you can wear both but for make up you must think hard.

Guest true
On 6/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, Guest missymiss said:

Is it wrong for sikh amritdhari women to wear makeup and jewellery (without going over the top of course)? 

No

We're free to do what we want. Guru Gobind Ji dressed like a prince. Gurbani says we can do what we want with our looks, it changes nothing. 

2 hours ago, Guest true said:

No

We're free to do what we want. Guru Gobind Ji dressed like a prince. Gurbani says we can do what we want with our looks, it changes nothing. 

wrong you are not free to do whatever you want ...there is a rehit for amritdhari people and a mentality that you are supposed to cultivate santokh and nimrata ...santokh or contentment can only come if you accept yourself as is , and recognise that Guru Pita ji loves you as he made you . Be humble by not tying your happiness to your appearence , beauty fades as it is temporary whereas the beauty of the gurmukh soul is forever ...choose the target of your shingar wisely

2 hours ago, Guest true said:

No

I think gurbani tells us to dress modestly and in a way that doesn't attract wrong attention, so there are restrictions