Beard

buddasingh

Guest peacemaker
You often post suggesting that others are 'fanatics'. Making that suggestion to a Sikh that is the modern day equivalent of calling a black person a n**** in the 50s.

I have not used the term "fanatic" on this forum in the past year and a half. Only when I first joined, did I throw that word around, I will admit that, but I haven't referred to any Sikh on here as a fanatic recently. You must've been reading some really old posts where I wasn't getting too much sleep and taking it out on people here. By the way, how many mistakes have you made in your life?

Your example kind of offends me too. You know how much I support the Civil Right Movements and want to see anyone who mistreats an African American, or any other person based on their skin color, to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Nobody should refer to a black person as that horrible word in the 1950s or in 2008 or in any century! Now I feel like you're trying to get a rise out of me and before I type these keys any harder, I will stop at this point

--------->.

P.S. Nice job of buttering me up, I commend you for that, but please use a bit more jam next time. I prefer Snozberry. Much appreciated!

I have been tying my beard for last few years. I tried fixo but never liked it. Now for a very long period I have been using strong freezing gel for my beard and hair glue for my long heavy moustache. It has been working very well. It takes only few minutes in morning. Just apply gel, tie thhathhee and dry with hair dryer. Hair glue keep moustache well in place for atleast one day.

I respect what everybody here believe, but I believe if we don't cut beard, we should keep it well groomed, be it flowing or tucked in.

You often post suggesting that others are 'fanatics'. Making that suggestion to a Sikh that is the modern day equivalent of calling a black person a n**** in the 50s.

I have not used the term "fanatic" on this forum in the past year and a half. Only when I first joined, did I throw that word around, I will admit that, but I haven't referred to any Sikh on here as a fanatic recently. You must've been reading some really old posts where I wasn't getting too much sleep and taking it out on people here. By the way, how many mistakes have you made in your life?

Your example kind of offends me too. You know how much I support the Civil Right Movements and want to see anyone who mistreats an African American, or any other person based on their skin color, to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Nobody should refer to a black person as that horrible word in the 1950s or in 2008 or in any century! Now I feel like you're trying to get a rise out of me and before I type these keys any harder, I will stop at this point

--------->.

P.S. Nice job of buttering me up, I commend you for that, but please use a bit more jam next time. I prefer Snozberry. Much appreciated!

:console:

snozberry

• 1 year later...

My opinion is this

Do whatever you need to be proud of your dhara (obviously without cutting it). I work on site as an engineer sometimes so tie it up using hair spray (tresemme extra hold) or shockwaves extra hold (no other will dO!!!) and as long as I can walk out of the house feeling happy with my dhara, then thats what i'll do. Sometimes I hate it so i'll leave it out and that is just as good!

But stop making ppl feel guilty, we are not living in india, we are not in Guru's time unfortunately so keep up the rehit, but adjust where you ahve to.

My opinion is this

Do whatever you need to be proud of your dhara (obviously without cutting it). I work on site as an engineer sometimes so tie it up using hair spray (tresemme extra hold) or shockwaves extra hold (no other will dO!!!) and as long as I can walk out of the house feeling happy with my dhara, then thats what i'll do. Sometimes I hate it so i'll leave it out and that is just as good!

But stop making ppl feel guilty, we are not living in india, we are not in Guru's time unfortunately so keep up the rehit, but adjust where you ahve to.

What does the above exactly mean. By using the same logic a person can say I can cut my beard.

Tie your beard only if there is no other way around it at work. Coming to the Gurdwara or walking around town when work is over with the beard tied is a clear sign of the person inability to believe in Guru Sahib, hin insecurity of having Guru Sahib identity and it shows the person is not making the effort to step away from maya.

Maya?

I hope you wear bana and not hoodies, shirt, tie, trousers or shoes. These are all british imposed clothing which we wear so that is also maya?

Do you use a car? = maya? Follow your country's tax system?

You need to draw a line somewhere! The problem is this, most of the kids these days get advice from ppl like you and think ok if that's the way then yes I might aswell cut my beard. Instead of teaching them what the beard is all about and for those who want to tie it up, let them, but they need to be proud. I have got a lot of advice from ppl, and they are all narrow minded, look at "craig david singhs" and judge. That's not what a sikh is, sorry bro, but its not!

So tie you beard or leave it flowing, but be confident in keeping your kes. Its better for out panth to have a sikh who can walk tall, uplift all he sees regardless of who they are and become an inspiration for youngsters to be. Rather than a singh who is imposing ppl to 1. keep their beard without teaching them about it or what its functions are for a male body and 2. telling them if they tie it up, they are anti gurumat!

Maya?

I hope you wear bana and not hoodies, shirt, tie, trousers or shoes. These are all british imposed clothing which we wear so that is also maya?

You need to draw a line somewhere! The problem is this, most of the kids these days get advice from ppl like you and think ok if that's the way then yes I might aswell cut my beard. Instead of teaching them what the beard is all about and for those who want to tie it up, let them, but they need to be proud. I have got a lot of advice from ppl, and they are all narrow minded, look at "craig david singhs" and judge. That's not what a sikh is, sorry bro, but its not!

So tie you beard or leave it flowing, but be confident in keeping your kes. Its better for out panth to have a sikh who can walk tall, uplift all he sees regardless of who they are and become an inspiration for youngsters to be. Rather than a singh who is imposing ppl to 1. keep their beard without teaching them about it or what its functions are for a male body and 2. telling them if they tie it up, they are anti gurumat!

Do explain this more man. I would love to hear this.

Your one stubborn man and have not read my whole post. It's visible anger has got the best of you here. So come back in 10 minutes when your calm and then read my post again and then give a reply.

Making accusation with no merit is what SPN team does very often. You sound like one of them.

You call others narrow minded, but in your post this only apply to you.

So stay in Chardikala and then come and give a response.

Maya?

Instead of teaching them what the beard is all about and for those who want to tie it up, let them, but they need to be proud.

You want Sikhs to be proud of tying their beard up in general!!! So a Sikh should be proud to hide his identity, which Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji blessed us with. You sound like a snake and a very sneaky snake I must add.

But do stay in Chardikala