Beard

buddasingh

hmm i personally use a beard net which i must say looks very neat and tidy, esp wen you've got colours matching ur dastaar! looks cool!

oh god no! i wouldnt go that far! thats jus a bit silly! but closest is red, but i very rarely wear it

I used to shave my beard, everyone (relatives) would say why you do this that, you should leave daari and that.

I left it recently, but i leave it hanging outside. I i dont like the the idea of glueing, sticking the beard. if you got beard leave it out and thats what i do.

funny thing is now, even though i have left the beard, now the relatives come upto me n say why you leave hanging outside, you a sadhu and something and that i should glue it. This pisses me off and make me wanna shave it off again.

ur point about respect is true but i 4 one wud respect sum1 more if they didnt tie tehir dhari up. theres no logic behind it. i still feel that peeps who do r ashamed maybe they just dnt know it or want to know it. but thats only my opinion. i hate the use of gel, hairpins etc to me thats like modifying ur hair as like hair dye. to the original poster let ur beard down u wnt even be conscious of the fact thats ita untied after a bit.

ps-im 23 and i dont think a newgrowing dhari ever looks trimmed!futeh

Shouldnt we respect everyone equal as per Guru Nanak Dev Ji's message to humanity? This is the main reason people get turned off from going to Gurdwara (when some pillock starts to ignore and disrespect you because you aint got a big beard or a flowing one) and this is something I have experienced as well as others, showing less respect for others in the community who havent the appearance of an Amritdhari. Yet one can have a long beard, but leads a terrible and dishonest life, and you would respect him more than someone who ties his beard and lives a honest life...never judge the book by its cover...its dangerous.

One thing we must learn, having your beard flowing means nothing if you don't treat others with respect and treat them as your own. I know this pillock who has a beard flowing, yet I havent much respect for him, he is an amritdhari, why? because in the Gurus free kitchen he ignored me blatently and intentionally and didnt serve me any food and he views others low.

Another story..a real story...two men came to gurdwara, to my local one... the jatha was sat in this office type room...and the men who came to the gurdwara, one had an attire of a Gursikh and the other one was clean shaved...they said fateh to the one with the beard and simply ignored the other one....this guy felt humiliated and since then I have never seen that particular guy at all...he must have felt upset and really bad that even so called GODS MEN WITH BEARDS simply ignored his presence, tut tut..we are supposed to welcome all regardless, and bring them to Sikhism closer not further away... treat others the same, and they will love you...we all love Guru Nanak Dev ji, why? because he treated everyone the same, no bias opinions or anything.

PS...23 is quite young

why do people judge by appearence?

leaving your dhari flowing, having it tied or even trimmed wont change the person you are.

do what your comfortable with. people are only here to judge you and thats it. apperence is nothing just a costume.