Modern day Panjabi names & how terrible they are.

Gagan1995

12 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

indra raped the brahmin's wife ...not just abducted her. No sikh should use any form of his name .  why not go stright to source instead of honorifics of minor 'Gods'.

how about names like Ajai , Akalroop , Akaljyot, Atol, Aganath, Alekh, Abhekh?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, kaur ji

Most likely! But take a look at sri jaap sahib! If it was not good of a name/adjective/tainted then its portion wouldnt be used then in prasansa of Sri Vaheguru ji. Also I think that god did praschitt for his mistake so why do people keep defaming him even after he was forgiven and stopped doing that. I dont think its good to keep defaming others after theyve accepted their galti and asked were forgiven by the merciful.. Its like saying we should stop adding the word singh because kpsgill crminal had singh in his name (doesnt make sense). I like the names youve presented. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

16 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

indra raped the brahmin's wife ...not just abducted her. No sikh should use any form of his name .  why not go stright to source instead of honorifics of minor 'Gods'.

how about names like Ajai , Akalroop , Akaljyot, Atol, Aganath, Alekh, Abhekh?

Maybe you should go and read Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s account of what happened between Indra & the Brahmins wife before giving the maha-gyani speeches on here..... your version of events is based on granths written by Brahmins & the rubbish they show on modern adaptations on TV!

As you pointed out to a member above that Sanskrit is not our heritage.... Brahmins & their granths are not our heritage... the Bani of Guru sahib is.

Read what Mahraj says about Indra & the Brahmins wife.... see who tricked/enticed who.... sure you and your feminist lot will enjoy reading it 

1 hour ago, TejS said:

There's actually an interesting story about this.

The Rig Veda, which epitomizes and praises Indra as supreme was written in Sapta Sindhu (Greater Punjab). However, after there was internal conflict among the Indo-Aryans (culminating in the Battle of the Ten Kings), the Bharatas, the victor tribe, established Vedic hegemony on all, and as they moved into the Gangetic plains, they came up with new practices to ensure segregation, such as caste. These new practices were rejected by the remaining Indo-Aryans living in Sapta Sindhu who revered Indra. And so in order to smite them, all further texts written in the Gangetic plains, such as the Ramayana, and Mahabharata, not only insult those remaining Indo-Aryans by calling them "mleccha", but also ridicule and bring down the status of Indra, their supreme God, and are instead replaced by a new Hindu trinity - Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu. 

So there is some history behind why Indra is portrayed as morally corrupt in later on texts of Hinduism. 

but this claim and punishment is also repeated in gurbani ...whether you believe it is not correct .I have a simple rule if it is not Gurbani or gurmat I don't pay any attention to as it not going to help me.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

but this claim and punishment is also repeated in gurbani ...whether you believe it is not correct .I have a simple rule if it is not Gurbani or gurmat I don't pay any attention to as it not going to help me.

It's mentioned metaphorically.

I remember reading about indra sleeping with a rishis wife in the ramayan. it wasn't rape because she was after it as well lol!  and just when indra finished and was leaving the rishis house the rish walked in and saw indra leaving. the rishi then cursed indra and indra's man bits were turned into 100 lady bits! he was humiliated and begged for forgiveness. the rishi cursed his wife too and she became a pillar of salt i think, rama then came 1000s of years later and broke the curse and she was human again and asked for liberation and was liberated by ram.    

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I remember reading about indra sleeping with a rishis wife in the ramayan. it wasn't rape because she was after it as well lol!  and just when indra finished and was leaving the rishis house the rish walked in a saw indra leaving. the rishi then cursed indra and indra's man bits were turned into 100 lady bits! he was humiliated and begged for forgiveness. the rishi cursed his wife too and she became a pillar of salt i think, rama then came 1000s of years later and broke the curse and she was human again and asked for liberation and was liberated by ram.    

as far as I understood he shapeshifted to look like her husband (a bit like Zeus in greek mythology) to get his way.

58 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I remember reading about indra sleeping with a rishis wife in the ramayan. it wasn't rape because she was after it as well lol!  and just when indra finished and was leaving the rishis house the rish walked in a saw indra leaving. the rishi then cursed indra and indra's man bits were turned into 100 lady bits! he was humiliated and begged for forgiveness. the rishi cursed his wife too and she became a pillar of salt i think, rama then came 1000s of years later and broke the curse and she was human again and asked for liberation and was liberated by ram.    

Yeah, Indra seduced Ahalya, the wife of Gautama Maharishi, into coitus.