My mom is Sikh-Hindu.

Gagan1995

12 hours ago, singhunit said:

Only a true gurmukh can get out of this loop

please don't cop out with that attitude. I wouldn't call myself anymore of a true guru vala than fellow Sikhs, but I got out of the loop by doing intense saas saas as well as bani.

7 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Someone who is really doing gurmat, and is full of naam and bani - these sikhs CAN escape. Need to increase paat, bani, simran!!!

I knew that being amritdhari and doing nitnem wasn't enough for my surti..so I learned how to do saas saas and practiced putting in lots of hours.  Eventually, my surti started to rise and I began hearing anhad. Waheguru then gave me plenty of signs to confirm that I was ready to walk out the loop. I was fortunate to have an old mate (he used to post on here) give me loads of tips and advice, that helped improve my simran.   Gotta have strong faith and be doing the simran with right motives.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, puzzled said:

iv seen a lot of families suffer because they don't light divas at these jaggahs. There are families whose sons have died because they didn't light divas   i also know families where they couldn't have sons because they didn't believe in their ancestral jaggah. These spirits have a lot of power 

The spirits also follow you abroad lol. People living abroad get harassed by them too. 

It's scary stuff 

I think people get really trapped in these jaggahs 

I find this way of thinking fascinating, it ponders questions like would those negative things have happened anyway, regardless of someone lighting a diva or not and we're looking for something to blame when something negative happens (which is human nature).

I'm not trying to discount someone's belief nor am i saying these things don't exist, it's just that we need to start questioning them, lighting a diva at a kooh(well) is interesting, to me it's less superstitious and more just common sense, put some light somewhere so people travelling at night don't fall into it.

Out lives need to be as simple as possible, there's no reason you can't show respect for these places but if you follow the path of Sikhi you need to keep that in the forefront of your mind at all times.