What are the biggest issues in Sikhi today?

mahandulai

Lol where do I start off? Equality in India for Sikhs would be one. And amongst Sikhs? To not fight with one another but thas guaranteed to happen over committees.

"Gli jog Na howai..." Unfortunately we're all big talks n no action. A few years ago a person on tv suggested "Sikhs should open up a help centre, where all problems should be sat n discussed in how to deal with them." Today?? Still no such centre. The guy suggested but thas it! Gal katham.

5 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Lol where do I start off? Equality in India for Sikhs would be one. And amongst Sikhs? To not fight with one another but thas guaranteed to happen over committees.

"Gli jog Na howai..." Unfortunately we're all big talks n no action. A few years ago a person on tv suggested "Sikhs should open up a help centre, where all problems should be sat n discussed in how to deal with them." Today?? Still no such centre. The guy suggested but thas it! Gal katham.

that first part, isnt that a thing that happens in all communities.....?

the second part, i agree, and that is the same for all communities.. people to be brave.

6 hours ago, mahandulai said:

that first part, isnt that a thing that happens in all communities.....?

the second part, i agree, and that is the same for all communities.. people to be brave.

Yes fights in community and segregation is in all countries. Was thinking that tbh.

ignorance of our youth especially our girls , if they knew their roots, sikh ethics  and our history they would never be groomed out of the faith by hindus, muslims etc . They would be able to take up the mantle of sewa and propagation of Guru Nanak dev ji's true message not an airbrushed , wishywashy all religions are equal

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

ignorance of our youth especially our girls.

Yes this.  This rings true in all faiths but Islam.  The women are leaving to join the secular western world of flashy lights, a quick high, and free sex. 

But what is exclusive to Sikhi I think is simple tenants are being ignored that lead to bigger problems.  It's not saying prayer morning and night, and not keeping at least the 3 easy kakar (kanga, kirpan, kara) on you.  Lax behaviour snowballs in to the panth forgetting to remove ego and call to God, which makes individuals apostate and/or do bad things.   I can think of 2 other point but don't want to get in to a fighting match with more conservative members of this forum.

Many other issues I think up are related to societal issues of nations and not to Sikhi.

1 minute ago, namespace said:

Yes this.  This rings true in all faiths but Islam.  The women are leaving to join the secular western world of flashy lights, a quick high, and free sex. 

But what is exclusive to Sikhi I think is simple tenants are being ignored that lead to bigger problems.  It's not saying prayer morning and night, and not keeping at least the 3 easy kakar (kanga, kirpan, kara) on you.  Lax behaviour snowballs in to the panth forgetting to remove ego and call to God, which makes individuals apostate and/or do bad things.   I can think of 2 other point but don't want to get in to a fighting match with more conservative members of this forum.

Many other issues I think up are related to societal issues of nations and not to Sikhi.

islam's youth are ignorant , they may memorise reading arabic of the Quran but they are not aware mostly what it says , don't be fooled about the headlines , most of their youth especially the females are not educated adequately .  The guys are encouraged to hate others in madrasas and faith schools in islamic classes (BBC Secret Footage) the bibian are indoctrinated by female teachers similarly.

Just keeping kakars such as karda as sign of a sikh is so dangerous as every other hindu wears one and now the musley do too to misled the girls until it is too late . If they knew their prayers or history they could catch out fakers

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Just keeping kakars such as karda as sign of a sikh is so dangerous as every other hindu wears one and now the musley do too to misled the girls...

I was not awares of this (living the the US) and apologize for my remark.  On this subject I think it is important to educate people on the fact that we are not to wear strings, and Hindus often wear red and saffron colored strings.   The meaning behind my point was because our Guru told us to wear 5 kakar but my opinion wass that the lazy and conformists are opt to negate keeping hair but would wear inexpensive and modern garment.