Are Satan and Kalyug the same thing?

puzzled

Christians see Satan as the deceiver, one who deceives people into falsehood and sin. They believe Satan makes people question their faith and lures them away with pleasures and wealth etc.  for example the snake in the garden of Eden was Satan who tempted Eve to go against gods command and eat the apple. So he tempts people away from god command/Hukkam. This is basically identical to what kalyug is ???       But it seems in Christianity this concept has been personified and many Christians make it sound like some crazy individual "fallen angel" who is at war against god, which is absolutely bonkers. But overall its basically the same thing? difference is they have personified it ... 

“the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world . . . the accuser” (Revelation 12:9–10), 

“the ruler of this world” (John 12:31), and “the god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Guest Amit Singh

i would say SATAN and KALJUG is NO THING.

i believe these things ( SATAN, JAMRAJ, KALYUG, HELL etc. ) were first propagated to STOP people from doing bad things, as there were not POLICE and CONSTITUTIONAL LAWS at that time. But as there is Police and laws out there now WE SHOULD GROW UP DUDE.

as for SATAN that you mentioned.. KAAM, KRODH, LOBH, MOH, AHANKAAR, seems to do the same thing doesn't it. ?

On 11/18/2018 at 1:51 AM, Guest Amit Singh said:

But as there is Police and laws out there now WE SHOULD GROW UP DUDE.

There were police and laws when slavery was accepted. 
There were police and laws were broken without any hiding for years by Indian govt. 

Don't trust and be the slave of the system. Yes live in peace and follow sikh rules and code of conduct. However once will get judged by waheguru after we pass the human life. There are countless examples given by our guru jee in sri guru granth sahib ji.

in Sikhi there is NO adversary as no one can be of a level to compete with Akal Purakh , Satan is a created angel that had fallen in his dharam so automatically has no bal of his own  logically,  so is not a threat to the divine but only to the transient joons in the universe if you follow that idea from judeo-christian faith descriptions , Islam ascribes some of the harshest behaviours of Satan to Allah which is strange .

For a Sikh  the source of all things is Akal Purakh and it is the absence of simran is when kalyug occurs and affects us.  the saitan are the unbridled panjchor afflicted minds which reduce us to goblins/ghouls/dead

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Isn't there a Sakhi where Kaljug mainfests and meets Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj. 

Yes. 100% correct. Bhai Mardana was terrified on seeing Kaljug but Guru Nanak told him t stay calm. Kaljug was impressed upon meeting Guru Ji. Guru Ji ordered him to stay away from Sangat. "No way. I'll go n eat Prasad in Sangat." But Guru Ji insisted "Go in Gurudwara but do not go beyond the shoes of Sangat" (where sangat take off shoes).

I may be wrong but I think Dharmraaj and Satan are the same. But Dharamraaj punishes sinners and Satan entices sins.

17 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes. 100% correct. Bhai Mardana was terrified on seeing Kaljug but Guru Nanak told him t stay calm. Kaljug was impressed upon meeting Guru Ji. Guru Ji ordered him to stay away from Sangat. "No way. I'll go n eat Prasad in Sangat." But Guru Ji insisted "Go in Gurudwara but do not go beyond the shoes of Sangat" (where sangat take off shoes).

Oh cool didn't know that much about the Sakhi. And also I think Kaljug was wearing a cloak with holes in it and that was to show the Gurmukh pyare who woke up and did their Paath.

18 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

I may be wrong but I think Dharmraaj and Satan are the same. But Dharamraaj punishes sinners and Satan entices sins.

Maybe, but Dharam Raj (as revealed in Asa Ki Vaar) is there by the hukam of Waheguru ji and his job is just to judge not really take people away from God. He orders the Jamdoots to punish the sinners.

Kalyug= age of predominance of hellish psychologies being practiced on earth. People are generally of a negative mindset.

But it's all just God/ Truth. Satan is just God, everyone everything, everywhere, every circumstance and situation is Truth. 

@RajKaregaKhalsa1 yes guru nanak dev ji met kalyug. Kalyug appeared in a demonic form before guru ji with holding his tongue in one hand and his private parts in the other hand. When guru ji asked kalyug who he is and why he has taken on this horrific form he introduced him self as kalyug and said that it is his age,he said in this age he will mislead people with materialistic things (reason holding his tongue) and with sexual pleasures and kaam thoughts(reason he was holding his private parts)

basically i think satan and kalyug are the same thing only difference is that in Christianity satan has been personified into this demon/devil while in sikhi kalyug is more of a atmosphere?   both tempt people away from faith and god and make people commit sins and fall for materialistic things and falsehood. 

The definition of Satan in judaism is a lot more similar to kalyug as in judaism Satan is typically regarded as a metaphor for "evil inclination" rather than a physical demon/devil