The Sikhs of Shanghai

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've read that book. I don't remember that bit. 

Plus, after the annexation (actually even while he was alive) honkies went well out of their way to malign the guy to justify their unprovoked attack on Panjab and the stealing of its massive wealth. 

Don't believe everything you read. 

Maybe it's by another author can't remember now but iv got a few books on him at home.

Yeah they spread a lot of rumours about jind kaur too. They spread rumours about her and one of the dogras having an affair. They even created a dodgy poster of her, they really tried to tarnish her image. 

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Maybe it's by another author can't remember now but iv got a few books on him at home.

Yeah they spread a lot of rumours about jind kaur too. They spread rumours about her and one of the dogras having an affair. They even created a dodgy poster of her, they really tried to tarnish her image. 

Yep, she was a great threat to them. She was a very independent minded and politically astute women by all accounts. They made her look like a proper wh0re (as well as kidnapping her infant son from her). 

15 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

And to make matters worse the pommies who were ruling Pre partion India still had the army which could have stopped the massacre of millions of Sikhs but they chose not to. Till date there has been no apology from the pommies for this inaction which resulted in indescribable suffering of our people. 

They actually took some Sikh soldiers away from Panjab at the time. I saw one video where some fudhoo apnay soldiers were playing drums and trumpet type instruments - giving the goray a send off at the ports whilst they sailed away in big boats. Meantime there was mass rape and murder taking place in Panjab..... 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

I read a biography on Maharaja Ranjit Singh by kushwant singh I think, not to sure. But I said that Ranjit Singh beheaded his own mother at the age of 14 because he caught her with another man, he killed the man too.  His father Mahan singh died when Ranjit Singh was really young. 

Not sure how true all this is but i have read it elsewhere online as well 

A lot of the misl sardars used to have dancing girls too, I guess in those days men with status and wealth had a right to women and stuff like that 

his mother was highly respected and shrewd woman who saw that the misl was in good hands of her son and died when Ranjit was 18 leaving him with his Mother in Law Sada Kaur assisting him to join forces and bring misls under one kingdom . Mahan Singh died in battle when Ranjit was 12.

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

I read a biography on Maharaja Ranjit Singh by kushwant singh I think, not to sure. But I said that Ranjit Singh beheaded his own mother at the age of 14 because he caught her with another man, he killed the man too.  His father Mahan singh died when Ranjit Singh was really young. 

A lot of the misl sardars used to have dancing girls too, I guess in those days men with status and wealth had a right to women and stuff like that 

YOU SURE GET TO READ LOTS OF RUBBISH. NEXT TIME YOU POST CR@P HERE ,FOLLOW IT UP WITH SOME AUTHENTIC SOURCES!

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

He died penniless because he spent all his money on alcohol, gambling and prostitutes. He was a sex addict and addicted to gambling as well. He met his daughters once a year because most the year he was in bed with Wh0res.  His wife was neglected and depressed and started drinking heavily and died of alcoholism. His daughters had a very neglected childhood 

Doesn't exactly sound like a man on mission to me.

You probably got your history from the Punjabi movie made about him staring satinder sartaaj, that's where your kind get most of their history from. 

And you get brainwashed by nonsense history  written  by dimwits like you.

18 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

his mother was highly respected and shrewd woman who saw that the misl was in good hands of her son and died when Ranjit was 18 leaving him with his Mother in Law Sada Kaur assisting him to join forces and bring misls under one kingdom . Mahan Singh died in battle when Ranjit was 12.

Yeah his mother in law played a big part in expanding his kingdom in the earlier days. i think it was with her help that he took over Lahore and other important cities. But i think she agreed to help him only if he married her daughter raj kaur? which he did. But she protested against him when he married other women. He ended up imprisoning her. which is a bit unfair i think. he never had a good relationship with her daughter especially after he imprisoned her. 

she was a strong strong woman who played a very important role in expanding his kingdom, its shame that she is forgotten, she should be remembered and celebrated like jind kaur is. 

16 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

YOU SURE GET TO READ LOTS OF RUBBISH. NEXT TIME YOU POST CR@P HERE ,FOLLOW IT UP WITH SOME AUTHENTIC SOURCES!

calm down woman

if you read the whole thing then you would know that i said "Not sure how true all this is but i have read it elsewhere online as well 

i never stated it as a fact 

16 hours ago, JSinghnz said:
  20 hours ago, puzzled said: