Big_Tera

Sikhsangat Image clean up

With Sikh sangat being the main forum for Sikhs in the UK and it being quite popular. There are many who frequent this forum but do not post but see all the posts and topics. 

Ie 1000's of Sikhs and non Sikhs who browse the forum. Yet with some threads on here I cant but help to notice the negative image that is being projected of Sikhs. 

We should try and keep the forum clean of abusive comments and post about other faiths as it makes us look bad.

Ie things I have noticed that some members have engaged in. 

Abusive comments towards women

Abusive comments against hindus

abusive comments towars India

Abusive comments towards christians

Absive comments towards muslims. 

Abusive comments against non Sikh people in general

Criticism of other faiths. 

Being anti British 

Castists comments . 

All this is against Sikhism yet so many engage in this kind of discussions which is giving Sikhism a negative view and making sikhs appear ignorant and hateful people.

We need to be aware of who is viewing these forums. They could be people from all walks of life, races, religions ect feom all over the world. 

Lets start being more aware and respectfull of what we say. 

Peace 

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have noticed a lot of derogatory language used, even with other forum members. It portrays this site (and by extension all sikhs) in a negative light. 

Guru Maharaj tells us not to do nindiya of others. That we should look at our own shortcomings before criticising others. Very hard to do. 

Also, keyboard warriors. 

11 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

@Big_Tera

Can we add your brothers and sisters who have more melanin than you to the list?

look what crawled out of the wood work as usual. Just when the new image of Sikhsangat was about to be restored. Gujant comes to spoil it  once again and give Sikhs a bad image of internal fighting and bickering by his useless input and comments.

Moderators take note of Gujrants account, for his attempts at causing hatred on the forums between all. I suspect a troll who has been planted to create animosity on the Sikh forum by a sinister group. 

Agnostic you have been warned!

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 1

I think criticizing India is okay and so is criticizing Britain. I do agree with the rest if your sentiments to make a more Sikh friendly environment.

Please use the report feature when possible, but also be the change you want to see. :)

10 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

look what crawled out of the wood work as usual. Just when the new image of Sikhsangat was about to be restored. Gujant comes to spoil it  once again and give Sikhs a bad image of internal fighting and bickering by his useless input and comments.

Moderators take note of Gujrants account, for his attempts at causing hatred on the forums between all. I suspect a troll who has been planted to create animosity on the Sikh forum by a sinister group. 

Agnostic you have been warned!

I support the sentiment of your endeavour.  If my suggesting you extend your respect to black people is a problem for you,  or some how isn't congruent with presenting a more respectful image I apologize.

I will say now, what I should have said to begin with, that I wholeheartedly agree with your OP and commend you for both posting it and being the one to post it.

22 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

With Sikh sangat being the main forum for Sikhs in the UK and it being quite popular. There are many who frequent this forum but do not post but see all the posts and topics. 

Ie 1000's of Sikhs and non Sikhs who browse the forum. Yet with some threads on here I cant but help to notice the negative image that is being projected of Sikhs. 

We should try and keep the forum clean of abusive comments and post about other faiths as it makes us look bad.

Being anti British 

Castists comments . 

All this is against Sikhism yet so many engage in this kind of discussions which is giving Sikhism a negative view and making sikhs appear ignorant and hateful people.

We need to be aware of who is viewing these forums. They could be people from all walks of life, races, religions ect feom all over the world. 

Peace 

I also commend you for posting this. I may occasionally browse this forum but rarely participate due to the behavior and attitudes of forum members.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, Big_Tera said:

Being anti British 

Castists comments . 

Peace 

Yet it's alright for you to lay into blacks who are arguably the most marginalised people in the west. 

You're a proper baahmunh mate.

And another criticism. You try and stifle all  critical/taboo discussions on a forum and see how quickly it becomes an irrelevant ghost-town. 

Please use "Report Post/Topic" whenever you see the bad stuff here. It will be dealt with and taken off swiftly. Every post has the "Report" feature on the top right corner of every reply/post/topic.

22 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yet it's alright for you to lay into blacks who are arguably the most marginalised people in the west. 

You're a proper baahmunh mate.

And another criticism. You try and stifle all  critical/taboo discussions on a forum and see how quickly it becomes an irrelevant ghost-town. 

First of all I have no issue with black people. There are many good decent black people who are hard working. But within the black community is a present a criminal element who are raving havok on society. Most of their crime is black on black crime. But it is now moving onto other races. I have seen first hand gangs of blacks attacking other races even Sikhs. There was an incident that happened recently were a Sardar sikh who was stabbed by black youths after he chased them to defend a lady who got robbed. 

1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

First of all I have no issue with black people. There are many good decent black people who are hard working. But within the black community is a present a criminal element who are raving havok on society. Most of their crime is black on black crime. But it is now moving onto other races. I have seen first hand gangs of blacks attacking other races even Sikhs. There was an incident that happened recently were a Sardar sikh who was stabbed by black youths after he chased them to defend a lady who got robbed. 

I live near where that happened.  Don't pull out a blade and chase someone and not expect them to pull there one out and use it. 

You hate blacks you bahmunh. So sort your own crap out before you start pontificating about others. 

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I live near where that happened.  Don't pull out a blade and chase someone and not expect them to pull there one out and use it. 

You hate blacks you bahmunh. So sort your own crap out before you start pontificating about others. 

Your obviously an imbecile that resorts to name calling which shows your intellectual capability to have a discussion. 

I suspect another troll that just wants to come online and vent his frustrations and anger due the sad existence that he leads.Probably another black wannabe gundah. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Just now, Big_Tera said:

Your obviously an imbecile that resorts to name calling which shows your intellectual capability to have a discussion. 

I suspect another troll that just wants to come online and vent his frustrations and anger for the sad existence that he leads.Probably another black wannabe.  

That's very presumptuous of you. What name is it that I've called you? Actually don't bother replying, your already tiresome.