Is this a sangat or just a forum?

Redoptics

3 hours ago, Redoptics said:

It's what i do just stay in bed but listen to Paath , so messed up her birthday is next Friday,  life is so confusing.

That's a start. You got to get out. Can you not find another Gurdwara to go to? 

I have to say, when I was at my lowest point, I found it somehow facilitated a lot of growth. By this I mean that I finally nailed reading Gurmukhi, learnt to read all the prayers, started translating stuff. Started doing simran regularly. Even started training hard. It's strange to talk about it now, because I never really analysed it. 

Life is going to be confusing for you right now. One of the points of immersing yourself into our thing is to find routes out of the confusion. Stick to it. 

37 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

All good bro, you will be sweet as 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's a start. You got to get out. Can you not find another Gurdwara to go to? 

I have to say, when I was at my lowest point, I found it somehow facilitated a lot of growth. By this I mean that I finally nailed reading Gurmukhi, learnt to read all the prayers, started translating stuff. Started doing simran regularly. Even started training hard. It's strange to talk about it now, because I never really analysed it. 

Life is going to be confusing for you right now. One of the points of immersing yourself into our thing is to find routes out of the confusion. Stick to it. 

I have not been to  Gudwara for a long time

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

There can never be too much piri because Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says sing his praise 24 hours a day and this will allow a person to see Vaheguru in everyone.  Bhai kanhaiya ji is a perfect example who helped the dying and suffering soldiers on the battlefield and it was endorsed by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. Reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji with an addiction does not make a person clueless in regarding worldly knowledge.  Infact our Second Guru was raised on the Bani of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji. Baba Sri Chand was trying to use his worldly knowledge to confront Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji and the Guru told him he was wrong.  For example constructing a wall in the rain.  Baba Sri Chand refused and Bhai lehna ji obeyed the order and was given more blessings from Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.  He wasn't clueless in regard to worldly knowledge. He taught people of worldly knowledge like this poster not to swear every time he writes.  But its gone over his head.  There is no perfect balance of how much Gurbani to read and not.  The perfect balance as described by Guru Sahib is 24 hours a day. All spirituality of a Sikh is given from Sri Guru Granth ji and the Guru says keep taking it in 24 hours a day.

It's balance between miri and piri. Piri on it's own is like some Hindu ascetic detached from society and social responsibility towards the wider community because they've just dedicated themselves solely to 'spiritual practices' whilst the rest of the world suffers and burns around them. 

And many overtly pious SIkhs are expert at avoiding the miri side because it is actually difficult and dangerous to confront things physically. They'd rather hide behind some holy persona that ever get their hands dirty. We all know the original Khalsa were physically at the forefront of confronting real and palpable dangers against the panth. Compare that to today in the UK, where overtly pious types have ignored grooming of Sikh girls for decades leaving it for street guys (who they would consider sharabi-kebabis) to deal with it. Sorry state of affairs. 

32 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

I have not been to  Gudwara for a long time

Nor have I because there isn't one near me these days. 

I think you are intelligent enough to figure things out in the end.  Just use SIkhi as much as you can to help you. But don't limit yourself either, use other stuff too. Watch comedies, train, talk to the right people who will empower you (as opposed to people who implicitly encourage you to wallow). 

I know you're hurting, and that you've lost something very precious to you and that nothing anyone can say or do can stop that, but you will find a way out. 

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nor have I because there isn't one near me these days. 

I think you are intelligent enough to figure things out in the end.  Just use SIkhi as much as you can to help you. But don't limit yourself either, use other stuff too. Watch comedies, train, talk to the right people who will empower you (as opposed to people who implicitly encourage you to wallow). 

I know you're hurting, and that you've lost something very precious to you and that nothing anyone can say or do can stop that, but you will find a way out. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's balance between miri and piri. Piri on it's own is like some Hindu ascetic detached from society and social responsibility towards the wider community because they've just dedicated themselves solely to 'spiritual practices' whilst the rest of the world suffers and burns around them. 

Again it's not true when speaking of Gurbani.  Yes speaking of your hindu understanding of spirituality it may be true.  You need to step out of your hindu spirituality understanding and start learning from Gurbani. I gave you the perfect example of Bhai lehna ji and you failed to recognize this perfect example.  

And many overtly pious SIkhs are expert at avoiding the miri side because it is actually difficult and dangerous to confront things physically. They'd rather hide behind some holy persona that ever get their hands dirty. We all know the original Khalsa were physically at the forefront of confronting real and palpable dangers against the panth. Compare that to today in the UK, where overtly pious types have ignored grooming of Sikh girls for decades leaving it for street guys (who they would consider sharabi-kebabis) to deal with it. Sorry state of affairs.

I give you a perfect example of a Sikh who took piri and became the second Guru of the Sikhs.  All strengths to stand up for righteous cause is given by Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   The people you are talking about could be practicing Sikhi wrong as you are.  You resort to swearing in a split second.  There is no miri in swearing and no miri in sharabi-kebabis.  The miri Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji was speaking of is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   You first need to stop putting your hindu miri and piri concepts on Sikhi.  Objectively Sikhs like Tegh Bahadur Sahib ji fought fearlessly and then became the ninth Guru.  All strengths to fight was attained from piri, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.