Shall we start s debate on Christianity?

Redoptics

5 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

baptists are more likely to feel our intepretation of Akal Purakh is like their envisioning , so many baptists have become Singhs and Kaurs when they learn of sikhi's teachings ...I think brown people interpret via their soul stirrings whereas europeans tend to like literals taken from a 'textbook' it appeals to their egoes to hear that they are the chosen ones  . Eastern orthodox and greek orthodox's vision is similar to sikhi  where no one is chosen until one develops oneself through bhagti , ate pehr swas swas simran.

Yeah your right black Christians are more spiritual, in fact a lot of ethnic people tend to be more spiritual than white people. 

My friend even covers her head with a scarf and takes her shoes off when she goes church, she said they kneel down when they pray.  Even she says that how they practise Christianity is very different to how white people practise it. 

Might be linked to their spiritual past, most africans practised spiritual traditions before they were invaded my Europeans and made into Christians. 

Ethiopian Christianity is spiritual and very different to the west 

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Basically you talk out of your ar5e and can't be bothered to make any real effort to connect with your heritage - but think you know it all. 

What a thick peasant. 

Like I said if you don't know the answer that is cool. It was a rhetorical question and wasn't supposed to be that controversial.. I would never claim to know more than you about heritage or sikhi. But I do think you probably think you know than you actually do. Like most of us to be fair. 

51 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Dude can you please tell me how I talk out of my ar5e. Instead of getting abusive simply refute and demonstrate with examples of it. It should not be that difficult. 

You're just wasting your time arguing arguing arguing and whilst you are doing this you're not even trying to develop the basic linguistic skills required for you to have a genuine Sikh experience. 

14 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You're just wasting your time arguing arguing arguing and whilst you are doing this you're not even trying to develop the basic linguistic skills required for you to have a genuine Sikh experience. 

Fair enough if you perceive me as simply arguing for the sake of it. I don't think I do that but if you do think that about me you are entitled to that opinion.. I would love to develop the basic linguistic skills required for the genuine sikh experience.. What are the basic skills that I am missing? I would love to fill that hole and grow ??

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

May I also just add that it is ironic that you said that I am "even trying to develop the basic linguistic skills required for you to have a genuine Sikh experience". 

I reckon you should look up the definition of 'linguistic'. Had you said I was lacking the 'critical reasoning' or 'grammar', you may have had a point. But your misuse of the term 'linguistic' only illuminates that you don't have a grasp of the word 'linguistic' . The grammar of sikhi demands us to be Shudh. And if we can't be Shudh then we should refrain from or take greater care expressing ourselves.. 

10 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Fair enough if you perceive me as simply arguing for the sake of it. I don't think I do that but if you do think that about me you are entitled to that opinion.. I would love to develop the basic linguistic skills required for the genuine sikh experience.. What are the basic skills that I am missing? I would love to fill that hole and grow ??

Do yourself the BIGGEST favour and forget all this rabbiting on for a while and get on top of being able to read Gurmukhi. If you don't do that, there is a good chance you're just going to waste another few years arguing pointless things when you could be getting deeper in your faith. 

When you do that, you won't be arguing over most of the stuff you have been. Going around in pointless circles. 

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do yourself the BIGGEST favour and forget all this rabbiting on for a while and get on top of being able to read Gurmukhi. If you don't do that, there is a good chance you're just going to waste another few years arguing pointless things when you could be getting deeper in your faith. 

When you do that, you won't be arguing over most of the stuff you have been. Going around in pointless circles. 

Khoj is always good.. 

Stick with it. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:49 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Why don't you give it a go then......

Instead of all this incessant waffling that wastes your own time as well as the id1ots that you engage with. Start today. Start learning the Gurmukhi alphabet.

Bro I understand what you are saying. I don't think I waffle, but you can characterise it like that. Personally I believe I spend rather more time than I would like calling out the inherent contradictions in people's assertions or asking people to back up their usually dogmatic statements. 

I would much rather spend time exploring things but I find people are quick to make grandiose statements and then when asked to substantiate or corroborate them instead of simply providing references they get abusive, Will try and deflect etc. 

I can't accept that and feel morally compelled not to allow that type of bullying.. I try and stick to the point, simply asking for references.. 

I do study gurmukhi and gurbani and I struggle to find any of the dogmatism some people do. So for me, being provided examples to then research and study is fundamental..