Shall we start s debate on Christianity?

Redoptics

56 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

and he also doubted it was the archangel when he got back home and had to be convinced by his wife and his sister-in-law (her cousin - christian woman) that it was a true revelation , interesting then the women's witness mattered after that not worth a brass farthing

its a fact he worked as an employee to Khadija who was his boss , and later on went to marry her. Interesting enough , women could be traders in pre-islamic arabia. They had freedom for business ventures i guess. LOL look what happened later.

Also the fact that revelation had to come via angel and not from within , as in case of sikh gurus, is evidenced of the fact that the abrahamic prophets were not perfect spiritual beings. Abraham himself left his servant wife Hagar into desert and arabs claim they're descendants of that same woman's son (Ishmael) 

37 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

its a fact he worked as an employee to Khadija who was his boss , and later on went to marry her. Interesting enough , women could be traders in pre-islamic arabia. They had freedom for business ventures i guess. LOL look what happened later.

Also the fact that revelation had to come via angel and not from within , as in case of sikh gurus, is evidenced of the fact that the abrahamic prophets were not perfect spiritual beings. Abraham himself left his servant wife Hagar into desert and arabs claim they're descendants of that same woman's son (Ishmael) 

the claims made by arabs about Abraham and Ka'aba are also blatantly not true as Abraham never left the area known as Israel/Palestine  in his life time .

7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's actually smart to wait till you master the whole system before you start trying to read Gurbani because all the silent letters/symbols are likely to confuse the heck out of you. 

Here's a top tip if you aren't special needs. To accelerate your learning of the alphabet and symbols read Jaap Sahib along with a slow paat of it (I like Giani Thakur Singh's reading myself). It's like throwing yourself in the deep end but it accelerates learning (well it did for me anyway). 

yeah im gnna wait before i start reading gurbani, gnna learn all the small symbols first.

will try and read a punjabi books or newspapers first

Thanks for the tip, i think thats how i will first start reading gurbani along with paat on youtube. 

lol and no i'm not special needs 

7 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

yes , in punjabi its called ' * paer bindi' . 

Paer means foot , and bindi means dot, so it means 'dot near the leg' of the alphabet. 

There are 5-6 letters such. 

Khakke paer bindi . To refer to the 'Kh' sound of faarsi/arabic letter . "Khalsa" is an arabic/persian word , so "Kh" in it is rendered with "Khakke paer bindi". Original arabic/farsi alphabet :   خ

"Sasse paer bindi" : "Sh sound" . Original arabic/farsi alphabet : ش

"Gagge paer bindi" : refers to the "gh" nasal round produced by arabic letter "ghaayin" غ

"jajje paer bindi" refers to "z" sound . arabic of arabic origin ز

"Phapphe paer bindi" or "faffa" . Original arabic letter ف

"Lalle paer bindi" is NOT of arabic/persian origin but rather of Indian sanskrit/marathi origin in which it is represented by letter :   and is "L" sound produced by deeper throat . As in punjabi word "Hal" (plough) 

Image result for gurmukhi alphabet

thanks ?

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

but their concept is smaller in scope and more anthromorphised - a jealous, possesive, and angry , cruel deity who lives seperate from His creation .

but it depends. my Christian friend says god is love, she once was asking me about rama and raavan and said she doesn't want to say anything wrong because they might be saints. She says god is within everyone,  she goes to the baptist church.  She says god wants people of all religions to come together and serve people. Whenever me and her talk about god we basically are talking about the same god.  

On the other hand we have this old Christian missionary man who parks himself in the middle of the highstreet and starts shouting through a speaker "YOU ALL ARE SINNERS"   "YOUR ALL GOING HELL"   "REPENT"    "RAHHHHHHHHHH"   lol

so i think it depends on their interpretation, sect and the church they go to.

Black Christians are normally more spiritual 

12 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Have you bothered to make ANY effort learn Gurmukhi in all this time you've been posting here over the months? 

Err.. I'm confused as to how that is a answer to the question I asked? I know you find solace in feeling outraged the whole time but please engage your brain and stop being a snowflake.. 

Learning gurmukhi is not a bother, and my question is very simple. What is the name of God in sikhi if there is a name? I'm not sure why you find that so controversial? 

The question was posed in context of the post made.. 

If you don't know the answer that's cool but why get upset about the question 

Whites should've stuck with their pagan beliefs or graduated to worshipping and keeping alive the Norse pantheon. Them being saddled with a Semitic religion of the desert is as relevant to their day-to-day existence as it is to us, lol, and no manner of white washing its origins and personalities will ever negate that fact.

On one hand their civilisation has been constructed with the mythology and the philosophy of that particular doctrine as its core and driving force, yet as we can clearly see modern Christianity, particularly the Anglican or CofE varieties (and various other strands TBF) have been diluted and neutered to the point of ineffectuality; atheism was always going to be the natural endpoint of such moral cowardice. The "turn the other cheek" ethos is ironically the foundation of what we know to be the liberalism of the modern age, and in that regard its adherents hide behind a facade of piousness and tolerance which is selective in its morality based on the background of the aggressor. 

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

but it depends. my Christian friend says god is love, she once was asking me about rama and raavan and said she doesn't want to say anything wrong because they might be saints. She says god is within everyone,  she goes to the baptist church.  She says god wants people of all religions to come together and serve people. Whenever me and her talk about god we basically are talking about the same god.  

On the other hand we have this old Christian missionary man who parks himself in the middle of the highstreet and starts shouting through a speaker "YOU ALL ARE SINNERS"   "YOUR ALL GOING HELL"   "REPENT"    "RAHHHHHHHHHH"   lol

so i think it depends on their interpretation, sect and the church they go to.

Black Christians are normally more spiritual 

baptists are more likely to feel our intepretation of Akal Purakh is like their envisioning , so many baptists have become Singhs and Kaurs when they learn of sikhi's teachings ...I think brown people interpret via their soul stirrings whereas europeans tend to like literals taken from a 'textbook' it appeals to their egoes to hear that they are the chosen ones  . Eastern orthodox and greek orthodox's vision is similar to sikhi  where no one is chosen until one develops oneself through bhagti , ate pehr swas swas simran.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

and that 'Z' sound is also used in Jaap sahib .

"Ki Zaaher zahoor hai . Ki Haazar Hazoor hai" , for instance 

The sounds of 'Z' and 'F' originate from Arabic  and are not present in original indian languages. 

You seem to have more language skills than most here. 

What do you make of Brij Bhasha? How does the language of DG strike you in this respect, especially in terms of vocabulary? 

8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Basically you talk out of your ar5e and can't be bothered to make any real effort to connect with your heritage - but think you know it all. 

What a thick peasant. 

Dude can you please tell me how I talk out of my ar5e. Instead of getting abusive simply refute and demonstrate with examples of it. It should not be that difficult.