Jump to content
Big_Tera

Head & Shoulders - New formula shampoo

Recommended Posts

I have been using head and shoulders for as long as I can remember. I have never had any issues with it. It completely sorts out the itchy scalp and dandruff.

That all changed about 3 months ago when for some reason head and shoulders changed their formula. 

They said that the new forumula is better and more advanced. 

What a load of bullsh1te. 

The new formula is made my scalp worse and is alot worse then the old bottle.

Anyone notice with their new version bottle. Not sure why they had to go change something that worked. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't use it that often   maybe 2 times a month or so lol

But i use tea tree shampoo from Holland and Barrett and it's really good on your hair,  it's good for oily hair and scalp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I don't use it that often   maybe 2 times a month or so lol

But i use tea tree shampoo from Holland and Barrett and it's really good on your hair,  it's good for oily hair and scalp 

I have nwver tried that. To be honest ive tried various different shampoos but nothing worked. 

Only head and shoulders did the trick for me. But now they go and change their formula. Which is causing more dandruff. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

I have nwver tried that. To be honest ive tried various different shampoos but nothing worked. 

Only head and shoulders did the trick for me. But now they go and change their formula. Which is causing more dandruff. 

Yeah head and shoulders worked for me as well but then it started drying my hair so I stopped using it, I only use it like twice a month. 

Tea tree shampoo has worked for me.

Do you drink lots of water? Lots of water is one of the best things for oily scalp. Also wash you hair with cold water, warm or hot water makes the oil and dandruff worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yeah head and shoulders worked for me as well but then it started drying my hair so I stopped using it, I only use it like twice a month. 

Tea tree shampoo has worked for me.

Do you drink lots of water? Lots of water is one of the best things for oily scalp. Also wash you hair with cold water, warm or hot water makes the oil and dandruff worse. 

It actually does still work for me and I still use it. Just thought others may have noticed a difference in the new formula which is causing drying out slightly. 

Thanks for the tips may try some other ones. Holland and barret are quite good with using more natural ingredients in their products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nicola

I didn't realised that it had changed but I started researching it when I starting loosing my hair over the last few months. I was getting really worried. Presumed it was my medication I was on but it turned out to be the apple version. As this was the one I had been using. Cant comment on the others as it was the apple one i was using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head and shoulders have a rep for causing hair loss  would suggest trying other brands for dandruff control and scalp issues elvive has two antidandruff formulae one male marketed the other phytochemical based tried that one is very kind to my fine hair . Can always use extraordinary oil conditioner to boost condition of hair .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Khalsa Raj
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Head and shoulders have a rep for causing hair loss  would suggest trying other brands for dandruff control and scalp issues elvive has two antidandruff formulae one male marketed the other phytochemical based tried that one is very kind to my fine hair . Can always use extraordinary oil conditioner to boost condition of hair .

What's the best shampoo for hair loss and spots/dandruff on the scalp

I have an adverse reaction to all oils, they act as an irritant, and I've tried practically all desi makes including mustard, coconut, Amla and so on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 7:41 PM, puzzled said:

I don't use it that often   maybe 2 times a month or so lol

But i use tea tree shampoo from Holland and Barrett and it's really good on your hair,  it's good for oily hair and scalp 

Bai ji Photo bhejo apne shampoo di

me head nd shoulder use krda si- its too strong. And how mush expensive ur shampoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Guest Khalsa Raj said:

What's the best shampoo for hair loss and spots/dandruff on the scalp

I have an adverse reaction to all oils, they act as an irritant, and I've tried practically all desi makes including mustard, coconut, Amla and so on

Have you tried childrens farm brand of kids shampoo they are very mild , you ciuld add a few drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils  to make it antidandruff , even usinglive yoghurt on the scalp as an alternate day treatment will get rid ofoil and leavehealthy bacteria onscalp to boost body's resistance against fungi causing dandruff. In purataan times that how Singhsused to clean their hair. Getsomesun and air to your scalp after washing it all helpa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Corrupt
On 3/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have been using head and shoulders for as long as I can remember. I have never had any issues with it. It completely sorts out the itchy scalp and dandruff.

Theat all changed about 3 months ago when for some reason head and shoulders changed their formula. 

They said that the new forumula is better and more advanced. 

What a load of bullsh1te. 

The new formula is made my scalp worse and is alot worse then the old bottle.

Anyone notice with their new version bottle. Not sure why they had to go change something that worked. 

I'm not sure. 

 

But you know Johnson and Johnson recently was found to have added ingredients that cause disease. 

 

I had an Intuition years ago (god speaking to me) that they caused diseases and stopped using them. 

 

Very sad that companies do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wear a turban expect a sweaty head and scalp along with the hair. Think about it. All that heat and sweat from wearing a head covering all day gets trapped causing excess moisture and itching build up which makes dandruff worse. ie yeast formation. Especially as the hair is long. 

I wash hair everyday. But use very little shampoo which minimises the harmful affects. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately shampoo company change QUICK! these days. Pantene, H&S been around for years. Garniers' Fructis also appears t have disappeared(?) on shop shelves.

For smooth kes I'd recommend Argan oil shampoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used H&S once (free sample through the letterbox, lol); never again. Made my kesh dry and brittle. Some of the more modest brands do a better job, such as Alberto Balsam and a few others. I've never had scalp issues but there must be a desi ilaaj for those type of flare-ups. It's one thing going out and smelling of various Indian oils, but I don't see a problem with massaging the head with oil for an hour or so before shampooing it out. Also aids in a peaceful night's sleep in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, Big_Tera said:

If you wear a turban expect a sweaty head and scalp along with the hair. Think about it. All that heat and sweat from wearing a head covering all day gets trapped causing excess moisture and itching build up which makes dandruff worse. ie yeast formation. Especially as the hair is long. 

Are you serious? "yeast formation"?

That doesn't even happen in India, much less cold and rainy England and Canada.

No one is berating you for cutting your hair. If you want to cut your hair, then cut it.

I fail to see why you would write such utterly hateful words for a physical form which our Gurus kept. This would be something like a Hindu or Muslim would write.

It sounds like argumentation for why not to keep your hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • YES! valid points. Life is a thing which can pull people into good / bad stuff. Religion, friends, fam and society can be factors. I too went down a "Make a quick buck" routine a few years back as I considered myself in a "Hard" life. Of course no one was hurt, injured or robbed in the process.
    • Iv listened to it before  I think it's real     he starts reciting the Quran as well 
    • @mods I'm not sure if this violates the forum rules. Please feel free to remove/alter if required. This is not a promotional post and I'm not affiliated with stack exchange. I've just submitted a proposal to them. Satsriakal people! I've created a proposal at stack exchange( the largest question/answer website on the web, similar to quora) to start a sub site devoted to Sikhism where people can post questions and receive answers from others. I request everyone to please follow the site to keep it active so that it can be pushed to the next stage(beta)and isn't deleted.
      Please click "follow" at the below link: https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/122932/sikhism Once the number of followers meet the minimum criteria, there will be a sub section on stack exchange devoted only to Sikhism, which I think will be a great thing. Let's give our best to make this proposal count. Since this is a new proposal, it also lacks sample questions. Please feel free to upvote the existing questions or add new ones related to Sikhism.
    • shes from a different community n anotha part of town. abt 15 yrs younger than the female elder as well. so y wud she be keepin their company? seems like she was either abandoned by her own for wateva reason n lost her way. maybe livin rough n desperate before bein targeted. or she knew the place well as a worker or regular customer n wanted a piece of the prize from wat wudve seemed a simple 'transaction'?
    • Sidh Gohst is a Sikh Prayer... (i hope u weren't being sarcastic)? Prayer came about when Guru Nanak Ji had an assembly (gohst) with Sidhs, hence the name Sidh Gohst. The prayer is like a Q&A session where Sidhs ask n Guru Ji answers... NOW! Who been telling me to stick t learning about Sidh Gohst?? 😔
×

Important Information

Terms of Use