puzzled

200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

18 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

These guys are illiterate, honestly.

After '84, when they were knocking down the Sarkari Takht and rebuilding the Sri Akal Takht Sahib, some Maha Moorakhs had started hammering away at the original brick Takht that was build by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji!!!!

Giani Mohinder Singh (the first secretary of the SGPC, who is retired at the time) had to protest there and tried very hard to convince them to stop destroying the Takht built by Guru Sahib. If it wasn't for him, we would have lost the original Takht!!!!

Here is a photo:

image.png.1799e9221a6afbdf5635f842de31ab70.png

yeah i don't understand that, so the original akal takht was like a platform built by guru hargobind sahib ji? and then maharaja ranjit singh built the building on top which was attacked in 84,  the building built by ranjit singh was then demolished after the attack and a new akal takt building was built?  but the original akal takt platform built by guru ji is still there?    

did they demolish the building built by maharaja ranjit singh or did they just repair that one?

i never understood this 

Edited by puzzled

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That brick is the original Takht built by Guru Sahib. Maharaja Ranjit Singh built on top of it.

I think if you go there today, the brick is exposed behind some glass. Where Parkash is done is on top of the Brick Takht.

• Like 1

original chamkaur di ghari before it was demolished by the kar sewa babas. think the photo is taken while they are bringing it down 

Related image

5 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

That brick is the original Takht built by Guru Sahib. Maharaja Ranjit Singh built on top of it.

I think if you go there today, the brick is exposed behind some glass. Where Parkash is done is on top of the Brick Takht.

this karsewa baba jagtar singh kar sewa website claims that he built the new akal takht after it was demolished. 

22 minutes ago, puzzled said:

did they demolish the building built by maharaja ranjit singh or did they just repair that one?

The Indian Government paid Santa Nihung to rebuild the Sri Akal Takht Sahib. The Sikhs at the time did not accept this new Takht and called it the Sarkari Takht, so they tore it down and built a new one.

In reality, they just used Santa Nihung to "legitimize it". He never built it, Indian Government contractors did. Santa would get some his guys to pick up buckets full of rocks to show they were doing something while being recoreded on Doordarshan TV.

Edited by FreshMind13

3 hours ago, FreshMind13 said:

They have done this for years, look at the Tanda Burj recently for example.

I'm staying away from this thread. I'm learning stuff I don't want to know, lol. This is infuriating.

It's good to see people are now FINALLY waking up to what these Kar Seva Babas (which SGPC gave permission) have done.

Here are a few pictures of Anandpur Sahib (Qila Anandgarh Sahib):

Old:

Image result for anandpur sahib old photo

New: (notice the similarities, keep in mind the angle is a bit different)

kila-anandgarh-thumb.jpg.05f6c0ae00cbf12accdc8f80ab0c1dd5.jpg

738638799_AnandgarhSahib.JPG.cd21ed194798b71971395a774be9ac62.JPG

There is hope, look at the original brick work exposed.

images.jpeg.eb9caac299a89e04229ece80e6db693d.jpeg

anandgarh.jpg.55b5840fd9ab685caf63562181fc1df5.jpg

Image result for anandpur sahib old photo anandgarh

Edited by FreshMind13
  • Like 1

everyone needs to wake up and know what these people are doing to these historical places. they are not just "buildings"  they are our history 

Just now, puzzled said:

everyone needs to wake up and know what these people are doing to these historical places. they are not just "buildings"  they are our history 

My hope lies in Pakistan, where Gurdwaras are still have been mostly left untouched ever since partition. While a few Gurdwaras have crumbled and gone away, there are many that are have no one looking after them but are still standing.

I want to see real Civil Engineers and architects restore these Gurdwaras without knocking anything down.

bibi nanki jis house which was completely razed down by these babeh

Image result for bibi nanaki house

and the ugly building they replaced it with

3 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

My hope lies in Pakistan, where Gurdwaras are still have been mostly left untouched ever since partition. While a few Gurdwaras have crumbled and gone away, there are many that are have no one looking after them but are still standing.

I want to see real Civil Engineers and architects restore these Gurdwaras without knocking anything down.

this same person has been pakistan and done kar sewa on the gurdware there too,  but from his website it looks like he just painted the original structures,  lets hope he dont go there next and start demolishing them ...

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

bibi nanki jis house which was completely razed down by these babeh

and the ugly building they replaced it with

If they were proper civil engineers and architects, they could have a plan to build on top of the original building and solidify it. Then expose parts of the original historical building (and maybe cover with glass for protection) to show sangat.

But nope, lets just let Kar Seva babay knock it down and rebuild.

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

this same person has been pakistan and done kar sewa on the gurdware there too,  but from his website it looks like he just painted the original structures,  lets hope he dont go there next and start demolishing them ...

Yea, some of them they just plated the original building with marble and painted them. Thats fine, but I never understood them knocking down the whole building, even if it is structurally unsound. They should be hiring experts to preserve them.