Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
alex090

DO you propose anyone?

Recommended Posts

I just open this forum and check there is no any discussion on any topic  think we can start a new discussion.

My friend and her boyfriend is very happy and she is Interested to propose his friend. But I don't know she is very hesitate. She taking more time to propose.

I am very angry on my friend when she like each other so why you are waiting?

Friends do you know what she Should do any idea?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres more chances of seeing me dead than me going down on one knee with a ring, waiting for a yes or a no.   

With me it will just be straight up        "let's get married now" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 12:02 PM, alex090 said:

I just open this forum and check there is no any discussion on any topic  think we can start a new discussion.

My friend and her boyfriend is very happy and she is Interested to propose his friend. But I don't know she is very hesitate. She taking more time to propose.

I am very angry on my friend when she like each other so why you are waiting?

Friends do you know what she Should do any idea?

 

if the guy is hesitating maybe he is just stringing her along ...no way should She propose to him that will be the wrong signal i.e. that she is desperate  ,. She needs to be clear that she is not a plaything  and she expects to be treated like a legitimate and respected partner in general population and withing their families. If he walks then you know he was a wrong one  and she should not have wasted her time , if he tells his folks and gets engaged then everyone happy.

BTW boyfriend /girlfriend keeping IS NOT sikh culture just wannabe whitey culture

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 4:02 AM, alex090 said:

My friend and her boyfriend is very happy and she is Interested to propose his friend. But I don't know she is very hesitate. She taking more time to propose.

I am very angry on my friend when she like each other so why you are waiting?

Why do you post like this? If you don't know English very well, just post in Punjabi (either Roman or Gurmukhi script).

On 9/28/2019 at 4:02 AM, alex090 said:

Friends do you know what she Should do any idea?

Yeah, stop scr#@wing around with her "boyfriend" and get married the way you're supposed to (arranged marriage).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Why do you post like this? If you don't know English very well, just post in Punjabi (either Roman or Gurmukhi script).

Yeah, stop scr#@wing around with her "boyfriend" and get married the way you're supposed to (arranged marriage).

I love how our Punjabi-resident brethren use words like propose in a slightly different context to how it's used here. I'm not having a go, it's just interesting to see how the English language develops according to the culture it's exposed to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, puzzled said:

Theres more chances of seeing me dead than me going down on one knee with a ring, waiting for a yes or a no.   

With me it will just be straight up        "let's get married now" 

The Punjabi perspective of the English word "propose" as it's used in the native culture refers to asking someone out on a date, or as a way of... erm, proposing the idea of a potential relationship, lol. The Western use of the word proposal in the context of relationships is limited to marriage scenarios as you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The Punjabi perspective of the English word "propose" as it's used in the native culture refers to asking someone out on a date, or as a way of... erm, proposing the idea of a potential relationship, lol. The Western use of the word proposal in the context of relationships is limited to marriage scenarios as you mentioned. 

Oh ok    I didnt know lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the proposal mini-bollywood style videos now being directed and played in the receptions nowadays? What the hell is that? They are filming these hugging and kissing in the public before anand karaj (includes religious couple as well) and then showing it to the world in the reception. Our folks are the worst and first to make the jump and leave our precious traditions rotting in the back. So, this public theme based "surprise" proposal is nothing but a khusreyaa da kam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, S1ngh said:

khusreyaa da kam

LMAO  

I agree though     people have become far more too liberal,  even the aunties have.   

I dont know when this started happening. I remember back in the 90s things were still strict and traditional. I remember back in the 90s a woman having her hair out was looked down at especially at the gurdwara, my mum really used to frown upon it, how times have changed!    I think post 2000  there was a big cultural shift.  Not sure how this happened and who started it. 

Do you remember how shocked everyone used to be when they used to hear about someone getting divorced in the neighbourhood/community. Even love marriage was looked down at and parents used to hide the fact their kids had a love marriage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Have you seen the proposal mini-bollywood style videos now being directed and played in the receptions nowadays? What the hell is that? They are filming these hugging and kissing in the public before anand karaj (includes religious couple as well) and then showing it to the world in the reception. Our folks are the worst and first to make the jump and leave our precious traditions rotting in the back. So, this public theme based "surprise" proposal is nothing but a khusreyaa da kam.

It's strange how we've accepted this mentality as normal almost in an inevitably defeatist way. Seeing people in the community who had reputations for being quite khattar and old-school (without being cruel or tyrannical) back in the day who now seem completely helpless and adrift as their children and grandchildren usher in and celebrate crass and often times degenerate behaviour in public, is quite the eye-opener. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, S1ngh said:

They are filming these hugging and kissing in the public before anand karaj (includes religious couple as well) and then showing it to the world in the reception.

Well, I'm glad you mentioned "religious couples" because that seems to be exactly the problem. People think you can just tie a turban and then do whatever you want.

The point of our dharam is not that you have to wear these 5 symbols and then you do whatever you want to. The point is to know the purpose of life and live accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use