racist attack on bullied afghan sikh school boy in yorkshire uk

genie

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i get what you mean   but this isnt a safe area,   druggys are every year,  not safe for a skinny little 15 yr old to be out at that time,   there are a lot of weirdos out and about after 6pm.     i volunteer at night feeding homeless people   and you see some crazy people out there! 

last week when i was walking through the hisghstreet towards the homeless feed, some gora walked out of kfc and was walking right behind me and he started making weird noises  lol!  not sure if he was tryna intimidate or was drugged.      but a lot of weirdos out there

its fine for these kids/boys to go out late but not on their own imo ....

just a few weeks ago my mum saw a man chasing another man down the highstreet with a axe and this was broad daylight so you can imagine what goes on at night. 

I understand, but with the way things are going, we are going to need more streetwise, toughened boys. Navigating what you are talking about is just part and parcel of growing up in certain areas.  

If you think things are bad now, you should've seen the 70s/80s. 

At least in the case in the OP you have two kids about the same size fighting, without weaponry.  Back in the day, you could get surrounded by a bunch of much older guys suddenly. Sometimes full grown men. 

What I believe is that younguns today have no idea of what this country was like not very long ago (and where it appears to be returning). So they might think that all this is new trends - but it's not - it's just a potential return to form. Even when I read Dickens work, it subtle and artfully (like only Dickens can) refers to street level aggression in England, so it's been a cultural norm for a long time. 

Those boys that learn to survive (physically and psychologically) will be leaders in future. The ones that hide off won't be much use. 

I can already tell by how many young wc goray in my ends are turning out, where this could be going. They've woken up to a lot - like grooming and how the government  treats them contemptuously, and are adapting to counter this. Our lot better hurry up and smell the coffee too. 

And like some people have mentioned: the now normalised way cowardly parents are bringing up boys, as if they are solely there to get office work and money can blow up in our face. It was the same when I was young, when many elders used to tell younguns to keep quiet and just slip away in the face of harassment.  This made the problem even worse (by far!) and made attacks even more likely, as 'asians' were seen as outright pajamas. It was a generation of hardened tough guys that reversed that. 

Anyway, here is an account I read by employers of a young teenaged Dickens in London in Dickens by Michael Slater:

It concerns the recollections of a solicitor (Edward Blackmore)  and a clerk (George Lear) of the firm Ellis and Blackmore of Gray's Inn, who gave the young Charles a job at this firm as a favour to his mother. He worked there for well over a year aged around 15/16: 

"Both men recall something that happened on Dickens's first day at the office. He had turned up wearing a 'military-looking cap which had a strap under the chin' and carried it 'rather jauntily on one side of his head'. He was sent out on an errand and returned with a black eye. Asked by Lear how he had come by it, he explained:

A big blackguard fellow knocked my cap off as I was crossing over Chancery Lane from the Lincoln's Inn gateway. he said 'Halloa, sojer!' which I could not stand, so I at once struck him and he hit me in the eye. A gentleman who was crossing at the same time said to the fellow, 'You blackguard! how could you dare to hit a little fellow in that way?' His answer was ready, - Vy, he hit me fust!'

......Lear also remembered how his new colleague 'could imitate, in a manner I have never heard equaled, the low population of the streets of London in all their varieties, whether mere loafers, or sellers of fruit, vegetables or anything else'. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I understand, but with the way things are going, we are going to need more streetwise, toughened boys. Navigating what you are talking about is just part and parcel of growing up in certain areas.  

If you think things are bad now, you should've seen the 70s/80s. 

At least in the case in the OP you have two kids about the same size fighting, without weaponry.  Back in the day, you could get surrounded by a bunch of much older guys suddenly. Sometimes full grown men. 

What I believe is that younguns today have no idea of what this country was like not very long ago (and where it appears to be returning). So they might think that all this is new trends - but it's not - it's just a potential return to form. Even when I read Dickens work, it subtle and artfully (like only Dickens can) refers to street level aggression in England, so it's been a cultural norm for a long time. 

Those boys that learn to survive (physically and psychologically) will be leaders in future. The ones that hide off won't be much use. 

I can already tell by how many young wc goray in my ends are turning out, where this could be going. They've woken up to a lot - like grooming and how the government  treats them contemptuously, and are adapting to counter this. Our lot better hurry up and smell the coffee too. 

And like some people have mentioned: the now normalised way cowardly parents are bringing up boys, as if they are solely there to get office work and money can blow up in our face. It was the same when I was young, when many elders used to tell younguns to keep quiet and just slip away in the face of harassment.  This made the problem even worse (by far!) and made attacks even more likely, as 'asians' were seen as outright pajamas. It was a generation of hardened tough guys that reversed that. 

Anyway, here is an account I read by employers of a young teenaged Dickens in London in Dickens by Michael Slater:

It concerns the recollections of a solicitor (Edward Blackmore)  and a clerk (George Lear) of the firm Ellis and Blackmore of Gray's Inn, who gave the young Charles a job at this firm as a favour to his mother. He worked there for well over a year aged around 15/16: 

"Both men recall something that happened on Dickens's first day at the office. He had turned up wearing a 'military-looking cap which had a strap under the chin' and carried it 'rather jauntily on one side of his head'. He was sent out on an errand and returned with a black eye. Asked by Lear how he had come by it, he explained:

A big blackguard fellow knocked my cap off as I was crossing over Chancery Lane from the Lincoln's Inn gateway. he said 'Halloa, sojer!' which I could not stand, so I at once struck him and he hit me in the eye. A gentleman who was crossing at the same time said to the fellow, 'You blackguard! how could you dare to hit a little fellow in that way?' His answer was ready, - Vy, he hit me fust!'

......Lear also remembered how his new colleague 'could imitate, in a manner I have never heard equaled, the low population of the streets of London in all their varieties, whether mere loafers, or sellers of fruit, vegetables or anything else'. 

things are changing though,  in our area there have been a lot of Romanians breaking into asian houses, we had 3 houses directly opposite our house that have been broken into and stuff taken,  in the neighboring area which has a very big punjabi population a few punjabi houses were broken into, the local singhs then started parading the area at night turn by turn, the same thugs who came to rob another house were caught by the singhs and beaten black and blue with hockey sticks.   no point going to the police they do sh1t  all   have to take matters into your own hands.       

mixed areas are fine   i think its gnna be harder for people living in more white areas,   i have noticed a rise in white supremacy on social media 

Remember, the police don't protect us. That's not their role. Their role is to ensure nobody upsets and threatens the status quo. The solving of murders and  other localised crime is a public display to maintain the illusion of working for the public good. I'm not suggesting they fake-solve crime (?) it's just that whatever good they do is for the sake of maintaining a front and to inspire fear in the easily intimidated.

It's also important to note that much of the rank and file of the police force in Britain (possibly up to senior non-government or politically appointed roles) is occupied by people from normal backgrounds or thereabouts. See, they recruit people smart enough to follow orders and solve crimes, but not too smart that they begin to question their seniors when they're instructed to follow questionable commands. That's why when there are situations of social unrest and the people are entitled to protest or a bit more, etc., it's the police that are expected to crush dissent.

Whenever there is a large-scale media focus on someone powerful and wealthy being brought up before the justice system, it's usually an effort to maintain the public's confidence in the System, thus pour water on any potential discontent that has the potential to spiral into revolution. In reality, that powerful person who is now facing a jury of his peers has transgressed behind the scenes and stepped on the toes of some of his very powerful allies, and so they "sacrifice" one of their own for the sake of optics. The aim of the police is to ensure small-scale criminals (Average Joe) don't encroach on the territory of large-scale criminals (the Establishment). It's a sick, unjust world. Get wise to it.

29 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Remember, the police don't protect us. That's not their role. Their role is to ensure nobody upsets and threatens the status quo. The solving of murders and  other localised crime is a public display to maintain the illusion of working for the public good. I'm not suggesting they fake-solve crime (?) it's just that whatever good they do is for the sake of maintaining a front and to inspire fear in the easily intimidated.

It's also important to note that much of the rank and file of the police force in Britain (possibly up to senior non-government or politically appointed roles) is occupied by people from normal backgrounds or thereabouts. See, they recruit people smart enough to follow orders and solve crimes, but not too smart that they begin to question their seniors when they're instructed to follow questionable commands. That's why when there are situations of social unrest and the people are entitled to protest or a bit more, etc., it's the police that beat the people down.

Whenever there is a large-scale media focus on someone powerful and wealthy being brought up before the justice system, it's usually an effort to maintain the public's confidence in the System, thus pour water on any potential discontent that has the potential to spiral into revolution. In reality, that powerful person who is now facing a jury of his peers has transgressed behind the scenes and stepped on the toes of some of his very powerful allies, and so they "sacrifice" one of their own for the sake of optics. The aim of the police is to ensure small-scale criminals (Average Joe) don't encroach on the territory of large-scale criminals (the Establishment). It's a sick, unjust world. Get wise to it.

This ex-copper reckons that they are conditioned to be like that during training, and the threat of prison is used to keep them in check. 

Also, docility. I know from reading about colonial gorays initial opinion of Sikhs (in recruitment drives in the late 1800s) that they considered certain members of the community to be docile and 'slow to learn' and compared this characteristic to working class brits.

This vid is well worth watching to contextualise our own issues with grooming, Looks like we've got a longstanding system established here.  

when i used to work in retail the police told us to only call them when a customer steals stock worth over £100  otherwise we were told to deal with it ourselves. then you wonder why retailers struggle. 

there was a punjabi lady in our area who had thugs breaking into her house at night while her husband was at work, she locked herself in her bedroom with her kids and rang the police,  the police told her they would be there in one hours time!!!!  and they told her to try and distract them in the meantime, how ridiculous is that!  she then opened her bathrooms window and jumped out of the house with her kids and rounded up the neighbors and it was the neighbors who chased the robbers out of her house,      police did sh1t all 

same goes for all other emergence services, one of our family friends knows a punjabi lady who drives an ambulance and she told her that sometimes they turn the siren on just to get out of the traffic, she said she even turns the siren on sometimes when she needs a tatti and needs to get to the nearest public toilets,  its true    she said that! 

24 minutes ago, puzzled said:

there was a punjabi lady in our area who had thugs breaking into her house at night while her husband was at work, she locked herself in her bedroom with her kids and rang the police,  the police told her they would be there in one hours time!!!!  and they told her to try and distract them in the meantime, how ridiculous is that!  she then opened her bathrooms window and jumped out of the house with her kids and rounded up the neighbors and it was the neighbors who chased the robbers out of her house,      police did sh1t all 

Do you think they would have done that to a gori? This is shocking! Very hard to believe. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do you think they would have done that to a gori? This is shocking! Very hard to believe. 

A lot of the police men/women around here are asians   but most are still white.

We hear things like this a lot     it's why people have started taken matters into their own hands.

We had somalians walking into our gurdwara last year and they started shouting stuff like Allah hu akbar   some of the lads from the gurdwara gym came and sorted them out and dragged them out of the gurdwara   no one bothered calling the police ... 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

same goes for all other emergence services, one of our family friends knows a punjabi lady who drives an ambulance and she told her that sometimes they turn the siren on just to get out of the traffic, she said she even turns the siren on sometimes when she needs a tatti and needs to get to the nearest public toilets,  its true    she said that! 

I've always suspected they abused the siren.  Obviously I'm not suggesting they all need to get back to base and have a hagh.  It's laughable when an ambulance is idling along without its siren blaring, but amazingly when the driver sees a line of traffic at the lights, suddenly the siren is activated, and we're supposed to believe they're carrying a patient in the back. Rubbish.

12 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I've always suspected they abused the siren.  Obviously I'm not suggesting they all need to get back to base and have a hagh.  It's laughable when an ambulance is idling along without its siren blaring, but amazingly when the driver sees a line of traffic at the lights, suddenly the siren is activated, and we're supposed to believe they're carrying a patient in the back. Rubbish.

A year or two ago I was walking down a busyish street near my ends and there was some weird looking white bloke laid out on the pavement.  When I spoke to him, he told me he was diabetic and was having a 'hypo'. At that moment a police car drove past (there is a pig shop nearby) and I proper got in the road and waved my hands about to get their attention. I know they saw me!!!

They just drove away. Useless swines. 

53 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think they do that all the time, yesterday when I was driving home a police car went zooming past with sirens, 2 mins later I saw the same police car on the same road waiting at the traffic lights.