On 6/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, MisterrSingh said:

I'm your age or probably younger, Baba ji. You've been chatting shite on this site when I was still blowing candles off birthday cakes, you clown. 

It's already happening. All rich punjabi so called sikhs in punjab intermarry, drink, indulge in vices( look at those patiala royal family people and their descendants,  I know a girl who has families married to those elite people and they all marry Hindus, all their women are married to hindu men, they are all drunkards).none of their descendants will ever be sikhs. Most of the religous sikhs are those sikhs who are not exactly rich, look at the nihangs and the sikhligars. All the rich sikhs in punjab have left sikhi mostly. Most of these rich Sikhs are in city and I know the condition of these people from back home. They dont follow a single thing about sikhi. Even the rich Arab sheikhs are 1000 times more religous than these people.i think alot of people here dont know much about punjab cities where majority of rich sikhs live. There will be virtually no turban wearing sikhs in these cities. Give it 2 decades. It's all gone. Intermarriage, hair cutting, drinking and what not. The only thing we can do is get converts from areas around punjab, move sikhligars to punjab. The punjabi elite is a gone case. They look at religious sikhs as backwards and laugh at them for keeping hair for following sikhi. They mostly intermarry and even then they have anand Karaj as if to mock our gurus I'm leaving your religion but using your anand Karaj as photo props. The rich jewish elite still supports orthodox jews. Our elites mix with hindus and look down on religous sikhs who are mostly from poorer backgrounds.

9 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

It's already happening. All rich punjabi so called sikhs in punjab intermarry, drink, indulge in vices( look at those patiala royal family people and their descendants,  I know a girl who has families married to those elite people and they all marry Hindus, all their women are married to hindu men, they are all drunkards).none of their descendants will ever be sikhs. Most of the religous sikhs are those sikhs who are not exactly rich, look at the nihangs and the sikhligars. All the rich sikhs in punjab have left sikhi mostly. Most of these rich Sikhs are in city and I know the condition of these people from back home. They dont follow a single thing about sikhi. Even the rich Arab sheikhs are 1000 times more religous than these people.i think alot of people here dont know much about punjab cities where majority of rich sikhs live. There will be virtually no turban wearing sikhs in these cities. Give it 2 decades. It's all gone. Intermarriage, hair cutting, drinking and what not. The only thing we can do is get converts from areas around punjab, move sikhligars to punjab. The punjabi elite is a gone case. They look at religious sikhs as backwards and laugh at them for keeping hair for following sikhi. They mostly intermarry and even then they have anand Karaj as if to mock our gurus I'm leaving your religion but using your anand Karaj as photo props. The rich jewish elite still supports orthodox jews. Our elites mix with hindus and look down on religous sikhs who are mostly from poorer backgrounds.

You do realise it's over, don't you? There's no coming back from this. It will get worse, not better.

With all due respect to the Sikhs (or potential Sikhs) from extremely humble backgrounds, that's that classic pandering to so-called humility and poverty that doesn't elevate a quom but decelerates its progress, and in some cases reverses it. Strength in numbers is all well and good, but have a look at how the "numbers" conduct themselves on a day-to-day basis. Again, stop with the Hollywoodisation of reality.

I have not been to punjab in a few years but I have people back home who tell me everything. The cities of punjab are most likely a gone case at this point. Just deduct the population of city sikhs from our total population because majority of them will not be having sikh kids. Our biggest misfortune is that most of our rich people back home are our biggest backstabbers.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:41 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Damaging cultural anti-Sikh practices such as foeticide, dowry, and casteism need to be eliminated. Don't destroy the colourful aspects of our collective character. I don't personally like dancing or any of that crap myself, but as you get older and you look at culture as a subject that informs a unique group's identity, you cannot, or at least shouldn't, eradicate harmless "rang-brang" under the auspices of religious autocracy. The problem arrives when things are indulged in to excess, and that's a problem for Sikhs, because we are prone to extremes. It's a flaw in our character. 

I don't like this Sharia-esque mentality of khattar Sikhs. I'm one myself in certain respects but I know when to pull back and see the bigger picture. Unfortunately, the low-IQ hot-heads are unknowingly sowing the seeds for rebellion against their cause before they've even laid the first brick of the foundations of their movement. If you can't trace the evolution and subsequent stages of a scenario where this type of censorship will be rallied against by your own people who don't share your religious devotion, then you don't deserve what you're aiming for. Open a history book. History is littered with such examples.

Wake up and focus on REAL problems facing Sikhs; that require intelligence and tenacity to tackle, not superfluous, easy side issues that don't matter.

In my cousin's school from back home, a girl told her that her aunt was having a  baby but they found out it was a girl so they aborted it. Even children in Punjab know this and dont see anything wrong with it because they see people all around them doing it. Imagine living in a society where children also dont see anything wrong with it because the adults around them have normalized it. Things are real bad.