Sign in to follow this  
AjeetSingh2019

Are sikhs a bholi qaum ? .

Yes and No. "Yes" vs other longer established religions and ideologies. "No" amongst ourselves. We also need to acknowledge the traitorous streak in our people. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Yes, he was right. We are all very boley when it comes to literacy. We are not very good at verbal reasoning or analytical thinking. Never heard of Sikh critiques or philosophers or even rocket scientists. We are all very good at cookery, dress-making, metal and woodwork, but we lack greatly when it comes to discussing or debating advantages and disadvantages of child tearing technology, hairdressing and catwalk management. We are not very clever at photo framing either, keeping time, sticking to 2 meters social distancing or wearing (sewing) face masks. So, yes, we are indeed a very boley qualm! 

Would probably explain lack of interfaith dialogue, philosophical discussion and further explain why threads such as 'How can we get Sikhi to expand' are made with answers such as 'introduce them to Yoga first' come about.

• Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Would probably explain lack of interfaith dialogue, philosophical discussion and further explain why threads such as 'How can we get Sikhi to expand' are made with answers such as 'introduce them to Yoga first' come about.

Sikhs do have Inter-Faith dialogue at inter-faith evenings and events.  They happen regular in local boroughs.  What I have noticed you have mentioned Sikhs don’t come to Speakers Corner and discuss Sikhi at this particular location.  My friend, have you seen what goes on there? over the years it has become chaos and many people just want to argue rather than discuss.  I can see maybe why you feel so confident about this place when it’s about 70% Muslims that are there, and among them are which are just looking for fights.  Shias have been chased out of the park as well as non-Muslims that critique Islam; I have even seen ganging up and hitting of people the critique Islam or question your prophet.  I personally don’t think SC is a decent place to discuss anything!  The irony is this: you put out a challenge for anyone to challenge Islam however when one does; when one critiques Islam then you throw the toys out of the pram and cry ‘Islamphobe’ or become immature and make personal derogatory comments and or become violent.  I have seen this time and time again even by some of the known speaker of Islam at the park.  

All the best mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, T_Singh said:

Sikhs do have Inter-Faith dialogue at inter-faith evenings and events.  They happen regular in local boroughs.  What I have noticed you have mentioned Sikhs don’t come to Speakers Corner and discuss Sikhi at this particular location.  My friend, have you seen what goes on there? over the years it has become chaos and many people just want to argue rather than discuss.  I can see maybe why you feel so confident about this place when it’s about 70% Muslims that are there, and among them are which are just looking for fights.  Shias have been chased out of the park as well as non-Muslims that critique Islam; I have even seen ganging up and hitting of people the critique Islam or question your prophet.  I personally don’t think SC is a decent place to discuss anything!  The irony is this: you put out a challenge for anyone to challenge Islam however when one does; when one critiques Islam then you throw the toys out of the pram and cry ‘Islamphobe’ or become immature and make personal derogatory comments and or become violent.  I have seen this time and time again even by some of the known speaker of Islam at the park.  

All the best mate.

Mmm. Gotta love the truth when you hear it. 

What do you really gain from interfaith dialogues? It's nothing but nonsense! Especially at SC. Literally nothing productive is going on. Bunch of grown men arguing like children.  

7 hours ago, T_Singh said:

All the best mate.

Please ignore these trolls brothers.

Why debate with a religion which has only spread by sword till now, destroyed valuable civilizations in its path and is a curse on humanity. ! 

I slam (pun intended 😄a religion which has no added value or depth or philosophy in it, has the potential to turn ordinary minds into pedophiles and violent extremists, and is only surface deep limited to wuzu, salah, khatna, sunnah , saum , hajj and other kind of outwardly rituals with no meaning towards internal state.

And whenever there's some deep sufi mystic in islam like Mansur al hallaj , he's executed by ummah e rasool itself. Masha'allah. 

Astaghfirullah , these haraam sufis do bid'ah in name of deen . 

If the cat and dog are made to hate each other, then the mouse is safe.

That's a well-known quote from Jewish Rabbi Bronstein. 

Could you ever imagine Sikhs devising such a methodology for their own preservation? Pitting two separate groups against each other so that neither of them have the time or the inclination to direct their attention to the third party lurking nearby that's actually fomenting the unrest. It's genius.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If the cat and dog are made to hate each other, then the mouse is safe.

That's a well-known quote from Jewish Rabbi Bronstein. 

Could you ever imagine Sikhs devising such a methodology for their own preservation? Pitting two separate groups against each other so that neither of them have the time or the inclination to direct their attention to the third party lurking nearby that's actually fomenting the unrest. It's genius.

Who go far , look at hindus for instance.

Tricked sikhs with false hopes and sweet words, and landed us in the mess which still haunts us to this day . And god knows when the issues of lost sovereignty will end. I reckon not without a WW3 that reshuffles everything ! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Who go far , look at hindus for instance.

It's actually a lot more of a pertinent strategy for a minority group (surrounded by larger, more powerful entities) who neither has the numbers nor the reach to physically affect matters against its more imposing competitors.

The Hindus are a majority; for them it's just state-craft when directed against Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, etc. The true problem for them is Islam. If Sikhs behaved and conducted themselves with Jewish tenacity as exemplified by the rabbi's quote, we'd make it our policy to pit Hindus against the Muslims in India. The ensuing chaos would clear a path for us to conduct our own actions that will benefit our cause. But that'll never happen. Have you seen our religious and political leadership? Rowdy, corrupt old men who can barely see into the end of the next week nevermind 10 or 20 years into the future.

I think that's what Maskin Ji meant when he referred to us a bholi quom. I'd go as far to say it's bholi, with a dash of stupidity and cowardice.

Our religious ethos is also a factor. Behaving with honour and integrity is central to our philosophy. Unfortunately, we seem to develop a spiritual conscience when dealing with our enemy, but nothing of the sort amongst ourselves. Are we afraid of the outsider but intolerant of our own?

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's actually a lot more of a pertinent strategy for a minority group (surrounded by larger, more powerful entities) who neither has the numbers nor the reach to physically affect matters against its more imposing competitors.

The Hindus are a majority; for them it's just state-craft when directed against Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, etc. The true problem for them is Islam. If Sikhs behaved and conducted themselves with Jewish tenacity as exemplified by the rabbi's quote, we'd make it our policy to pit Hindus against the Muslims in India. The ensuing chaos would clear a path for us to conduct our own actions that will benefit our cause. But that'll never happen. Have you seen our religious and political leadership? Rowdy, corrupt old men who can barely see into the end of the next week nevermind 10 or 20 years into the future.

Our religious ethos is also a factor. Behaving with honour and integrity is central to our philosophy. Unfortunately, we seem to develop a spiritual conscience when dealing with our enemy, but nothing of the sort amongst ourselves. Are we afraid of the outsider but intolerant of our own?

I always chuckle with an inner happiness whenever I see hindus cry foul over the ramifications of secularism in India and taking advantage of by muslims and christians, or for instance having abrahamic faiths being imposed on them by indirect ways like muslim call to prayer from loudspeaker which hindus are increasingly speaking against. 

And if the state is not ruled by modi's party , then its unlikely that police will favor for hindus and instead try to get the hindus to lower their voice lest it creates a potential unrest.

I absolutely love it when that happens . Because I get to see how they now feel when they get victimized by the governments they think are their own, in their own land. They did same to us, didn't they 30 to 40 yrs back and still now ! 

The potential enemy against hindutva in india who can give it a match is not sikhs right now  , but Islam , and this is why the seemingly foolish sikhs who put langar for CAA protestors in new delhi aren't that stupid. They see after muslims are done with, its sikhs and our institutions who're on the chopping block. Let muslim demography grow more lol, and hindus <banned word filter activated> in their dhotis lmao.

All this while I am perfectly aware muslims are no friend of sikhs either. But a convenient tool against fireband hindutva which is one of the greatest threat to sikhs today, apart from christianity in punjab 

3 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I always chuckle with an inner happiness whenever I see hindus cry foul over the ramifications of secularism in India and taking advantage of by muslims and christians, or for instance having abrahamic faiths being imposed on them by indirect ways like muslim call to prayer from loudspeaker which hindus are increasingly speaking against. 

And if the state is not ruled by modi's party , then its unlikely that police will favor for hindus and instead try to get the hindus to lower their voice lest it creates a potential unrest.

I absolutely love it when that happens . Because I get to see how they now feel when they get victimized by the governments they think are their own, in their own land. They did same to us, didn't they 30 to 40 yrs back and still now ! 

The potential enemy against hindutva in india who can give it a match is not sikhs right now  , but Islam , and this is why the seemingly foolish sikhs who put langar for CAA protestors in new delhi aren't that stupid. They see after muslims are done with, its sikhs and our institutions who're on the chopping block. Let muslim demography grow more lol, and hindus <banned word filter activated> in their dhotis lmao.

All this while I am perfectly aware muslims are no sikh friend of hindus either. But a convenient tool against fireband hindutva which is one of the greatest threat to sikhs today, apart from christianity in punjab 

I disagree. Allowing a fire to spread so that it destroys one of your deadliest enemies may seem like a good idea in the short-term, but never forget that the fire won't stop burning until it's also destroyed YOU. Do you really want to empower Islam to the point that it dominates in India? To me, that's suicide. A slower suicide compared to death by Hinduism, but suicide nonetheless.

21 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I disagree. Allowing a fire to spread so that it destroys one of your deadliest enemies may seem like a good idea in the short-term, but never forget that the fire won't stop burning until it's also destroyed YOU. Do you really want to empower Islam to the point that it dominates in India? To me, that's suicide. A slower suicide compared to death by Hinduism, but suicide nonetheless.

I understand neither side is our friend . 

But islam as of now stands approx 15% of india . It isn't that much either. And considering the average peace-loving hindu who has rarely pelted a stone at a dog are "woke" now and share posts on facebook regarding islamic conspiracies itself shows how awake they're to the ugly realities of islam, and reestablishment of a hindu state by dissing the "secularism" which they now consider anti-hindu.

In such scheme of things, why shouldn't Sikhs silently support Islam. I say silently because letting hindus chronically that sikhs lean towards muslims isn't in the best interest of sikhs either. Some feelings should be obscured from visibility