Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nehkeval

Wahguru simran with breath

Recommended Posts

I plan to do Wah with incoming breath and Guru with outgoing for 1 hour morning and evening - anyone has any experience doing something similar and how did it impact your day to day lives 
Also while doing it I will try to maintain awareness of the whole body (energy body as well as physical)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nehkeval said:

I plan to do Wah with incoming breath and Guru with outgoing for 1 hour morning and evening - anyone has any experience doing something similar and how did it impact your day to day lives 
Also while doing it I will try to maintain awareness of the whole body (energy body as well as physical)

Relax, listen to the ringing sound you hear when you relax (Ahmad naad/ primal sound). Let go and let the Samadhi (meditation) take you. Naam is all around you. The trees whisper it, the humans live in Karam of it.. without it, the sun wouldn’t rise and set and there would be no water, earth, food etc. Its everything you see and everything you don’t, it’s the Truth... and God is Truth. 

When you do naam Jaap, you’re connecting with the universe and beginning to realise the Divine Truth of who you really are and the universe around you.

The illusion fades bit by bit, when you do it and when you practice and apply Gurbani to your life. The gyan (Divine knowledge) of Gurbani is the Guru. Be a good soul, forgive and be kind to yourself and all around you. Realise who you truly are. You are Truth, a part of God. The drop is in the ocean and the ocean is in the drop. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would humbly like to ask a question. I am nothing but a moorakh, but this is a question that I've been wanting to ask. While doing simran, reading paath, listening and even while I'm at the gurdwara staring at maharaj, I feel tension in between my eyes, basically in between my eyebrows. Does anyone else have this feeling? Sometimes it gets stronger when concentration is at peak, while other times it's a light tension.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

I would humbly like to ask a question. I am nothing but a moorakh, but this is a question that I've been wanting to ask. While doing simran, reading paath, listening and even while I'm at the gurdwara staring at maharaj, I feel tension in between my eyes, basically in between my eyebrows. Does anyone else have this feeling? Sometimes it gets stronger when concentration is at peak, while other times it's a light tension.  

We are all moorakhs for the most part. It’s your third eye being activated. Let it happen, it’s a good thing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 6:03 AM, nehkeval said:

I plan to do Wah with incoming breath and Guru with outgoing for 1 hour morning and evening - anyone has any experience doing something similar and how did it impact your day to day lives 
Also while doing it I will try to maintain awareness of the whole body (energy body as well as physical)

Vaheguru 🙏

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Because I know someone who started doing it and a bharam giani went to his house to tell him off; they were furious. Breathing is just a biological function, if your dhiyan gets stuck on that reaching higher stages will be impossible.

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. Saas ghiraas simran doesn't literally mean simran with each breath. Guru sahib are only referring to a stage when simran happens just like breathing happens (24/7 non stop with the unconscious mind).

Our goal is to attach surat with shabad. The first stage is dhun main dhiyaan. Just doing waheguru simran (spoken as one word) and listening to it, keeping focus on the sound of Waheguru word; this will give you everything.

God bless you, brilliant you have thirst to do simran 

 

55 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

At this area there's key connection between body and atmaa.

Forum is ok, but keep these feelings gupt in real life, don't tell anyone. When kirpa happens, it will happen from that point.

You might meet people who stare at your forehead. It just means they have dib dristhe open and can see how radiant your aura is

Excellent replies.

Congrats, for being so natural, simple and nearest to the Truth.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

I would humbly like to ask a question. I am nothing but a moorakh, but this is a question that I've been wanting to ask. While doing simran, reading paath, listening and even while I'm at the gurdwara staring at maharaj, I feel tension in between my eyes, basically in between my eyebrows. Does anyone else have this feeling? Sometimes it gets stronger when concentration is at peak, while other times it's a light tension.  

Do not try to look at a particular point, just remain aware in the darkness, with your love and c devotion, and above all His grace, Light/Jot will emanate from it.

SSA.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Because I know someone who started doing it and a bharam giani went to his house to tell him off; they were furious. Breathing is just a biological function, if your dhiyan gets stuck on that reaching higher stages will be impossible.

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. Saas ghiraas simran doesn't literally mean simran with each breath. Guru sahib are only referring to a stage when simran happens just like breathing happens (24/7 non stop with the unconscious mind).

Our goal is to attach surat with shabad. The first stage is dhun main dhiyaan. Just doing waheguru simran (spoken as one word) and listening to it, keeping focus on the sound of Waheguru word; this will give you everything.

God bless you, brilliant you have thirst to do simran 

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Thank you for sharing this with the sangat veerji.😀🙏

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Singh375 said:

At this area there's key connection between body and atmaa.

Forum is ok, but keep these feelings gupt in real life, don't tell anyone. When kirpa happens, it will happen from that point.

You might meet people who stare at your forehead. It just means they have dib dristhe open and can see how radiant your aura is

Thank you. I never really shared it with anyone. Only with my mom. She told me the same thing about keeping it gupt. Really was hesitant about posting it on the forum.  

I also had a question about using a mala. I don't really use one, but I have seen pictures of great gursikhs such as Bhai Randhir Singh Ji with a mala in his hand. Is it recommended? Or should we just do naam simran without one? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

I also had a question about using a mala. I don't really use one, but I have seen pictures of great gursikhs such as Bhai Randhir Singh Ji with a mala in his hand. Is it recommended? Or should we just do naam simran without one? 

A mala has its uses. Sometimes if you tell someone to do mool mantar they say ok and start, but day by day they do less and eventually stop. But if you say do 5 malas each day, then they have an excuse to keeping doing a good amount daily. Daas likes using a mala for mool mantar or other shabads, but for waheguru simran prefers using time as a guide (e.g. aiming to do 1hr)

Dhiyaan should be kept on shabad though, not too much on counting. Our goal is to connect with shabad, sometimes using a mala you start to experience anand inside. If that happens let go of the mala and just enjoy the anand.

It's cool to experiment and see what works for you.

For example I workout at home, one day I was doing 10 bicep curls on one arm then swap to other. Instead of counting to 10 I thought what not say Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji for rep 1, Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji for rep 2 etc. (Actually I went up to 11 to include Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji). You know the sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev Ji was counting and got stuck on tera (13) - we can incorporate remembering God into everyday tasks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

A mala has its uses. Sometimes if you tell someone to do mool mantar they say ok and start, but day by day they do less and eventually stop. But if you say do 5 malas each day, then they have an excuses to keeping doing a good amount daily. Daas likes using a mala for mool mantar or other shabads, but for waheguru simran prefers using time as a guide (e.g. aiming to do 1hr)

Dhiyaan should be kept on shabad though, not too much on counting. Our goal is to connect with shabad, sometimes using a mala you start to experience anand inside. If that happens let go of the mala and just enjoy the anand.

It's cool to experiment and see what works for you.

For example I workout at home, one day I was doing 10 bicep curls on one arm then swap to other. Instead of counting to 10 I thought what not say Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji for rep 1, Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji for rep 2 etc. (Actually I went up to 11 to include Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji). You know the sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev Ji was counting and got stuck on tera (13) - we can incorporate remembering God into everyday tasks.

Thank you once again. I only experimented with it once, and personally just liked holding it rather then actually use it. Kinda helps to aid in concentration.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone else is reading this thread, all of us would make a humble request. If you have not, please start adding naam simran to your nitnem. I know a lot of people who skip over it. It is by far the most important fundamental aspects of Sikhi. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. 

Can you tell us where in Gurbani bir rass is defined as an emotion?  

It's a very important question.  This is the second time I am asking you to give the source.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Guest Singh
      In effect, by doing so, are you categorically agreeing with Professor Piara Singh Padam's viewpoint? http://www..org/articles/Anoop%20Kaur%20-%20Girlfriend%20of%20GGS.htm Furthermore, are you also asserting that our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in Bachitar Natak (as opposed to Bibek Buddhi)? http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev%20Singh-Bachittar%20Natak%20A%20Strange%20Drama.doc Bachitar Natak states that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of. 1699 destroyed the very concept of caste via Kul Naash. So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste.  
    • It's the covert types that hit you the most. Once you know and see the signs, you can never go back. It's the body language, tone of voice, micro-expressions you have to notice. They give off a certain energy.  The overt/grandiose ones are there for all to see.
    • It needs to be kept in check, away from the mainstream who have no interest in it. It doesn't need to be lauded, celebrated, and highlighted. It certainly doesn't need narratives constructed around it by society's myth-makers in order to mythologise it as a legitimate "cause."  I'll accept it's somewhat of a biological diversion if you accept it is not a comparable equivalent to heterosexuality.
    • I agree. Many will literally go bonkers through this. But I do believe that the flipside to the negative aspects of Panjabi character and it's often sociopathic nature, is the inheritance of an abnormally strong mental constitution which can combat this. Some of us have this, I'm guessing you're one of them?  I don't think it's a modern phenomena at all. Most social structures seem to be designed to kill the conscience and turn us into unquestioning drones. Caste system in India is a perfect example of this from outside of the modern world. I hear that. The realising that close ones have these 'mental health issues' like under discussion, is nothing short of traumatic. And I'm talking about someone who studied psychology previously. It's a shock with covert sociopaths who've been under the radar, under your nose, in power positions (like olders) for all your life wreaking havoc. It makes you look at everything gone by in a new light. It's not a nice experience. But if you've inherited that Panjabi 'protective factor' instead of the sociopathy, you're lucky as f**k! You'll feel deep pain, but you'll survive it, and be more clued up than the average bod. I've always leaned on dukh daru sukh rog paiyaa to deal with this myself. Resistance often leads to strength. I don't think people in the past who had to deal with dysfunctional, suppressive systems like caste or the Moghuls had it any different - maybe much more worse?  Yep. Then you go through the solitary journey that either makes or breaks you. Just to give you another insight. I've got a fair few sociopath types in the family. What I've learned recently is that if you stick to your guns, a few of the younger ones clock onto what is going on and become allies. Even when it's their own parent whose acting dysfunctionally. These kids are sometimes very well armed in disarming the antics of their olders, providing they have support and other trustable family to turn to. If you're in a position of just looking after yourself - that has positives and negatives - focus on the former. 
    • I know they aren't but I also know the aversion is likely a societal construct we subtly pick up while growing.  Mainly due to religion and culture.  Or perhaps even if it's s natural aversion,then too it's a counter balance towards homosexuality to keep it in check. But that doesn't make homosexuality any less natural.  Don't fall into shallow trap of not seeing things in natural biological sense too 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use