Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

horses are extremely spiritual animals

9 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Some of the things I wrote about physical bodies of Guru are anbhav bachans. They can’t be understood without naam simran. 

When we do simran quite literally you can find out anything instantly from within. But then you have to be so careful sharing it because these things are beyond worldly logic. 

Those who couldn’t understand Guru Nanak, the best explanation they could give with logic is the Guru went to sachkhand and received darshan of god. 

Guru Nanak di Guru Nanak jaane 🙏🏼

The meaning was he who calls oneself God will go to hell. They were talking about any human claiming they are god (fake gurus, fake sants). People don’t want to apply Gurbani to themselves. A tuk which talks about going to hell, people flip and apply it to the Guru. Yet any other place gurbani says ‘me’ people happily apply it to themselves. E.g ja tu mere val hai ta kya muhashandhaa. 

❤️

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Thank you so much for your reply veerji.I was really confused about this especially from the line about those who call themselves God will go to hell.Whenever I typed this line on google all the meanings I saw was that whoever's called Guru ji as God will go to hell.That was what caused me the confusion.I really thank all the Sangat for helping me get rid of this confusion.This is a great forum.Its really nice that we are all helping each other here.

Bhul Chuk Maf 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

They are all things that you believe in the same way Hindus will ask similar questions regarding their Krishna's, Vishnu's and so on. What we do know even according to your own Sikh history is that at least 2 Guru's died via man made weapons and 1 Guru died from small pox so bringing that fancy list doesn't mean anything. 

The arguments you bring forth are so childish.

These are events witnessed by others , some of your faith and it was enough to make them say They were Allah's light ... as usual you have nothing to say  because you are just empty

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

On 8/17/2020 at 1:20 AM, MuslimNeighbour said:

It's a legitimate possibility in your world view, no need to get upset unless you deny reincarnation?

Since sikhism believe in rebirth until soul gets merged in allah

This possibility cannot be ruled out. 

14 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

What gives Sikh history eye witness accounts any more weight than other religious eye witness accounts?

Like usual you dismiss any points i make to which you have no answer. At least 3 of your Gurus died of causes that both me and you can die from at any moment, where were their powers when 2 of them got killed by their fellow man? Also the story of your young Guru taking smallpox upon himself to save others is cute, reminds me of Jesus being sacrificed to wipe away others sins.

Sikhism and Islam both reject that God is ever born as human. 

Gurus were enlightened beings who were here to guide us and teach us anyone can be enlightened by losing ego and merging in Allah

Thats what sufi concept of fanaa is too

13 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

What gives Sikh history eye witness accounts any more weight than other religious eye witness accounts?

Like usual you dismiss any points i make to which you have no answer. At least 3 of your Gurus died of causes that both me and you can die from at any moment, where were their powers when 2 of them got killed by their fellow man? Also the story of your young Guru taking smallpox upon himself to save others is cute, reminds me of Jesus being sacrificed to wipe away others sins.

Eye witness who are from faiths which owe no allegianceto sikhi show impartiality and we have them  maybe that is what doesn't sit well with you, since you have a one track mind which doesn't allow you to acknowledge that you are not capable of believing anything that happens outside your faith .  Guru Teg Bahadur ji went voluntarily to Delhi to defend freedom of faith and conscience for all inhabitants of the world . He gave his head to break the back of the oppressors good kismet. Whosoever kills or harms the Creator's beloved servant incurs his wrath. 

carry on laughing , your opinion doesn't change the truth of his actions , When they followed Hukham/Raza they did so to the end  and when they completed their tasks they returned to Waheguru ji's realm . If they were like us they wouldn't have named and anoited the next Guru prior to their end .

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Sikhism and Islam both reject that God is ever born as human. 

Gurus were enlightened beings who were here to guide us and teach us anyone can be enlightened by losing ego and merging in Allah

Thats what sufi concept of fanaa is too

try reading a bit more Gurbani.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

try reading a bit more Gurbani.

Gurbani does say "so mukh jalo je kaheo Thakur joni" doesn't it ? 

Sikhism doesn't believe in Avatar-hood I mean 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

You might want to talk to your fellow Sanagt here about that one mate...

Mool mantra of sikhism , which is basically like how u ppl hv "bismillah Rahman raheem" 

Mool mantra says about God as "one God, whose name is eternal,  is the doer, is without fear and enmity, is undying, is not born, self existent, realised through grace of enlightened being" 

God in sikhism is not on a golden chair on seventh sky but pervading all of his creation, yet unattached to it . Heck if you even read Islam well, for instance ayat al kursi it basically says all creation is throne of Allah . In sikhism we say God is present entirely in all things. Nothing is outside of him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

I don't care about thoughts on whether God can enter his creation or become a man or not, it doesn't mean much to me.

Then why do you think someone would care about your thoughts here mate.

BTW , Islam's monotheism does limit god a lot. Sikhism monotheism makes god the most powerful thing in all creation, it's more humanitarian also..

When Allah is always merciful how can he send people to eternal hell for refusing to worship him via Islam

Is Allah so narrow minded bully he cannot accept his worship by some another name and by some other monotheism which btw also worships him only

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

If you don't think Nanak was God then you have things to look over and discuss with your sangat.

No one in sangat said Nanak is god, neither did Guru Nanak ever call himself god. Never , not once. Neither did any guru call themselves god . 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

If you don't think Nanak was God then you have things to look over and discuss with your sangat.

Infact Guru Gobind Singh, our last guru in human form says "those who call me as god will fall in pit of hell. Consider me as his servant, and have no doubt in this" 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

I don't hold any weight in the opinion on whether God is inside or outside of his creation, whether he can become a man or not so that's not a point of debate for me. The fact that I had to spell that out for you is appalling on your end.

Islam and Judaism's monotheism is the only pure form of monotheism amongst major World religions, the rest including yours is not monotheism. You talk about humanitarianism yet your Waheguru sent all 10 of his Gurus/himself to India, he could have sent 1 to each continent and still have some to spare.

Your last sentence would indicate you're the type of Sikh who believes all religions lead to the same path?

Make a thread about this subject and let's see you get educated by your fellow sangat shall we.

Yeh well Jesus never claimed to be God but look at Christians...

Islamic and Judaic monotheistic is not the same. Jews don't pray to their prophets as Muslims do to Mohammed which by definition is Shirk. Neither have Jews given a semi divine status to their prophets as Muslims have to Mohammed. Hadith reports testify how Muslims would claim that the sweat of Mohammad smelled better than scent and drinking his holy blood and urine would save them from hell fire. That means he had a god man like body like some Hindu devta. Jews never claimed any of that for their prophets. 

As for what is monotheism, we don't believe in Islamic definition of monotheism and neither should you expect us to look at monotheism from the Islamic lense. We have our own definition of "Ik Oankaar". 

• Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Islamic and Judaic monotheistic is not the same. Jews don't pray to their prophets as Muslims do to Mohammed which by definition is Shirk. Neither have Jews given a semi divine status to their prophets as Muslims have to Mohammed. Hadith reports testify how Muslims would claim that the sweat of Mohammad smelled better than scent and drinking his holy blood and urine would save them from hell fire. That means he had a god man like body like some Hindu devta. Jews never claimed any of that for their prophets. 

As for what is monotheism, we don't believe in Islamic definition of monotheism and neither should you expect us to look at monotheism from the Islamic lense. We have our own definition of "Ik Oankaar". 

Also the word Elohim , one of the main names for god in Judaism,  is actually a plural in Hebrew. 

All words ending in "im" in Judaism are plural for male. Thus Elohim is actually many gods. And it makes sense because Judaism was initially polytheistic before it became monotheistic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

You're a fan of sociopath Wood, you clearly believe everything that comes out of his mouth. To normal people he's a laughing stock, bottom of the barrel borderline Christian but to a Sikh like you he's a great scholar of Islamic knowledge where as thousands of Islamic scholars weren't even aware they were praying to their Prophet instead of God, genius stuff really. Apparently Islam was invented by the Catholic Church also according to David's crew.

Just some food for thought about your Guru David.

David's Guru CP not looking any better.

Please come out of your dark ages. 

Or do you wish to go imitate the dark ages of your Christian cousins 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Can you expand on your Gurus bodies not being the same as ours? As far as I'm aware one died of smallpox (whether he took smallpox on himself is another matter), at least 2 Gurus were killed by man made weapons. As far as I can tell they were flesh and blood like us and able to contract diseases.

If Nanak was God on Earth and he is telling his fellow man to worship God, is he telling them to worship himself or another God?

If all 10 Gurus were God, you had multiple Gurus living on Earth at the same time, does that mean each of them were God, more than 1 God, how does it work?

Flesh isnt what matters, soul does. Flesh can be killed, soul and thoughts cant be.