Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lostandmessedup

Police hate crime probe as Sikh schoolboy attacked on way home

Recommended Posts

It needs to be accepted that Sikhs are being targeted for being Sikhs, these are not just random attacks, neither are Sikh attacked because they just happen to be there, they are attacked for who they are. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the school, it is poorly performing school, probably full of chavvy council estate kids.

Being a Singh particularly in this type of environment is a sitting target.

The only thing now is the advent of social media. Everything is filmed and then it goes viral.

Also, has there ever been a situation where a Singh got into a fight and his dastar remained intact?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Looking at the school, it is poorly performing school, probably full of chavvy council estate kids.

Being a Singh particularly in this type of environment is a sitting target.

The only thing now is the advent of social media. Everything is filmed and then it goes viral.

Also, has there ever been a situation where a Singh got into a fight and his dastar remained intact?

Parents are not choosing schools wisely, especially parents with kids that have joora. Most parents look at convenience, how close the school is to their house etc but not how their different looking kid would fit in. 

The school I went to was mainly a Pakistani school with a few Sikh/Hindu and White kids, since the opening of the Sikh school in the area the number of Sikh kids at that school has dropped even more. Someone told me how some boy with a joora in that school was being bullied so bad that a teacher (Arab) personally contacted the boys mother and told her she should change schools. She then changed schools and sent him to the one in StokePoges. Why was he being bullied? because of who he is, so what the Muslim kids were doing to him should be seen as hate crime. 

I think many parents are out of touch with these kinds of things, but there is a lot more awareness now then there was a couple of years back. 

Sikh kids are getting bullied not randomly or because they happened to be there but because of who they are. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Parents are not choosing schools wisely, especially parents with kids that have joora. Most parents look at convenience, how close the school is to their house etc but not how their different looking kid would fit in. 

The school I went to was mainly a Pakistani school with a few Sikh/Hindu and White kids, since the opening of the Sikh school in the area the number of Sikh kids at that school has dropped even more. Someone told me how some boy with a joora in that school was being bullied so bad that a teacher (Arab) personally contacted the boys mother and told her she should change schools. She then changed schools and sent him to the one in StokePoges. Why was he being bullied? because of who he is, so what the Muslim kids were doing to him should be seen as hate crime. 

I think many parents are out of touch with these kinds of things, but there is a lot more awareness now then there was a couple of years back. 

Sikh kids are getting bullied not randomly or because they happened to be there but because of who they are. 

honestly you believe most school districts allocate places purely on preferences , some run on lottery system , there is a dearth of spaces because there has been an explosion in  lower school populations as opposed secondary school places sometimes the choice is simply not there .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

honestly you believe most school districts allocate places purely on preferences , some run on lottery system , there is a dearth of spaces because there has been an explosion in  lower school populations as opposed secondary school places sometimes the choice is simply not there .

yeah true, but in many cases schools do have the place but parents chose a school which is more convenient for them. What I've noticed here is a lot of Punjabi parents hold a grudge against Sikh schools because they didn't get a place for their kid in the Khalsa Primary school so get in a strop and don't sent their kid to the Secondary Sikh school. Every year we have a mela at the Khalsa primary school for kids, this Punjabi lady who used to live nxt door to us didn't take her kids to the funfair and when my mother asked why, the lady turned around and said they didn't give my kids a place so I'm not going to take them to the funfair. This is how Punjabi parents behave. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Parents are not choosing schools wisely, especially parents with kids that have joora. Most parents look at convenience, how close the school is to their house etc but not how their different looking kid would fit in. 

The school I went to was mainly a Pakistani school with a few Sikh/Hindu and White kids, since the opening of the Sikh school in the area the number of Sikh kids at that school has dropped even more. Someone told me how some boy with a joora in that school was being bullied so bad that a teacher (Arab) personally contacted the boys mother and told her she should change schools. She then changed schools and sent him to the one in StokePoges. Why was he being bullied? because of who he is, so what the Muslim kids were doing to him should be seen as hate crime. 

I think many parents are out of touch with these kinds of things, but there is a lot more awareness now then there was a couple of years back. 

Sikh kids are getting bullied not randomly or because they happened to be there but because of who they are. 

Slough has the blessing and the curse of having 5 grammar schools.

If you don't get into grammar schools, your options are limited.

I know what school you went to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yeah true, but in many cases schools do have the place but parents chose a school which is more convenient for them. What I've noticed here is a lot of Punjabi parents hold a grudge against Sikh schools because they didn't get a place for their kid in the Khalsa Primary school so get in a strop and don't sent their kid to the Secondary Sikh school. Every year we have a mela at the Khalsa primary school for kids, this Punjabi lady who used to live nxt door to us didn't take her kids to the funfair and when my mother asked why, the lady turned around and said they didn't give my kids a place so I'm not going to take them to the funfair. This is how Punjabi parents behave. 

That just shows how over-subscribed the school is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That just shows how over-subscribed the school is.

yh your lucky if your kid gets a place in that school. My friends trying to get his kids in that school but he said it will be unlikely.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Slough has the blessing and the curse of having 5 grammar schools.

If you don't get into grammar schools, your options are limited.

I know what school you went to.

 

Back in the 90s my mum scared me saying if I didn't pass my 12 plus I would go to sul infested Slough and Eton. Even Herschel had its fair share of idiotic suls, I can only imagine how bad Slough and Eton would be.

I passed with flying colours!

The 11 plus/12 plus really isn't that hard. You just have to practice a lot and you will be ok. Primary schools do not prepare you for it.

In the summer holidays before my 12 plus my parents made me do 3 practice papers a day and also one on every school day. Back then we didn't even know which day the tests would be.

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

Why are these kinds of things always happening in the UK, which has such a large Sikh presence?

because like USA we have had the slow-witted whipped up into a racist frenzy by the words of the 'leader'  of the current government. Basically we are all cursed by the  anglosaxon thickness driving the agenda , they think they are a pure white nation under white genocide its laughable but dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The reason why if it is done by state is that if you start on a smaller scale with some flyover state like North Dakota or Arkansas and it is seen as successful and better than the current system, then other states will follow suit. The elites can probably handle one or two problems but if all the states to implement a comprehensive health system simultaneously then the elites will find it difficult to handle. Plus if it becomes a bottom up grass roots movement then you might stand a better chance. 
    • Divide and conquer, of course. Left-leaning coalitions are easy to defeat because they are made up of many different groups, and it is very easy to make it seem like one group is being favoured over another. Whatever issues Sikhs in the UK might have with another group, I think Corbyn (and even more so McDonnell) would have been great allies for the Sikhs. It's a shame. I get the impression that a majority of Sikhs vote Labour (although there are some who love the Tories ... they are the kind of odd people who feel proud that they can claim that their ancestors were from former British colonies). Do a majority of Hindus support the Tories? I don't understand why the British voters were not more receptive to Corbyn's proposals. They sounded pretty good to me: fund the NHS properly, nationalize the railways, etc. I agree that he was clearly a threat to the status quo. Note how it came out later that high-ranking Labour officials were relieved when Labour narrowly lost the 2017 election! I think something similar would have happened in the US if Bernie Sanders had gotten the Democratic party nomination to run for President. Most Dem politicians and most "progressive" business leaders (e.g. Bill Gates) would have privately (or even publicaly) preferred Trump to Sanders.
    • You won't get an argument from me defending insurance companies and the American healthcare model. As I said in my post, the wealthy and powerful (e.g. insurance companies) do everything they can to prevent social safety net programs from being established and/or expanding. They own most of the politicians, and they are very adept at scaring voters by spreading misinformation and framing things in misleading ways. For example, some more left-wing democrats proposed abolishing private health insurance and moving to a more efficient, universal healthcare system. The talking point became that these democrats were "trying to take away your health insurance." Technically it is true, they wanted to take it away and replace it with something better. You can see how misleading it is, but one-liners like that go a long way in politics. It's not the size of the America that makes an NHS-style system impossible. If such a thing were proposed at state levels, the same media campaign against it would take place in those states.
    • Wonderful replies here by the sangat 🙏🏾. A small point to note; if you walk side by side, one of you will stand closer to the Guru and have to walk a slightly shorter distance, while the other will have to stand a little further away from the Guru and walk a slightly longer distance. Who will it be? And how do you decide who gets to stand closer to the Guru? This is what happens when you start splitting hairs. As sangat have mentioned, if you don't like the Anand Karaj, you are more than welcome to get "married" in any other way you see fit...
    • From what I understand is that the insurance companies hold too much sway. In an average US salary, how much percentage of income goes into the medical insurance. What is the point of paying into insurance when it comes to using it, the insurance companies do everything they can not to pay.  In the UK, our NHS money is funded from our National Insurance contributions and I think we probably pay less into our healthcare than people do in the US, so what is your insurance contributions paying into? NI is a tax but at least it's an upfront tax, not this sly stealthy cr*p where it looks like you pay less tax but your money is taken elsewhere. The US maybe a vast place, but if it was done a state by state level where some states are between 5 million to 10 million people, I think it is quite do-able. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use