• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it wouldn't make sense as salok from Japji is always referred to as Mahala 1 not 2, the detractors are again nibbling away at our faith

Got a question about showering before doing nitnem. Rather then having a shower can we just brush our teeth and wash our face, hands and feet instead?  I normally get up between 5am-5:45am in the

agreed I can sort of understand if they don't include arril and chaupaee, but cutting off kabiyo baach shabad itself is pretty manmat the prior jatheedar of akaal thakt-vedanti-said its not

19 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ohhhhhh...That's why that site is such garbage.

its literally operated by 3ho lol 

I use it sometimes, but as a very last resort and not as much over past two-three years

• Like 1

The latter. 5 in morning; Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasaad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib. Evening - Rehraas Sahib and before bed Sohila. 

According to Rehat Maryaad a Sikh should do Japji and Jaap BEFORE breakfast (including drink a sip of water). But all Gursikhs do the whole five BEFORE BREAKFAST. Sikh code of conduct can be found on Sikhitothemax (that website still around)?? ORIGINAL code of conduct is located at Nander, Mumbai at that Hazoor Sahib. 

Now, question, why do we do the seven? There is History behind it and WHY we do it? I will get into this but at work at the mo. So will pop back later. 

POPPED BACK: 

During Guru Arjan Dev Ji, a Divan was set one evening and Rehraas Sahib was being recited. At some point Atma (souls) could be seen by many in Sangat. Guru Sahib addressed them and claimed to tell Sangat what are they doing here on Earth at this time? They replied "Maharaaj, when we were alive we got ego and recited Simran without doing Rehraas Sahib. Therefore, every evening we get kicked out of Sachkhand and must enter the Earth realm. Once Rehraas Sahib is smaapt we can then re-enter." This is evidence that Rehraas Sahib IS our registry into Sachkhand. At this time Rehraas Sahib was "Kaho Nanak hum neech Karma, sarn poori k rakhi sarma" NO CHAUPAI SAHIB then Anand Sahib 5 paurias and up "Jis simrt sukh hoi sagle dookh jaee." 

Kirtan Sohila Sakhi. A Gursikh used to fall asleep doing Sohila halfway. Robbers would come and take away his cattle. One day he discussed this with Guru Arjan Dev Ji. Maharaaj asked if he does Sohila? He replied yes but always falls asleep. Maharaaj gave him hukam to do Rakhia d Shabd THEN Sohila d paat. He managed Rakhia d Shabd but fell asleep half way again. However, this time something happened... The thiefs, already in the stable, got locked in! NO FORCE could open the doors! So, they were there for the night. How did the doors open?? When the Gursikh STARTED Japji Sahib after Ishnaan. Then they got caught and everyone knew the power of Rakhia d Shabd + Sohilaa. 

Even today there are many miraculous (or near enough) stories from people who did these prayers before bed and had positive results. 

Two Gursikhs would do Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Tav Prasad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib. When Guru Gobind Singh Ji came in their region to give Darshan to Sangat, Maharaaj turned his back n carried on walking. Dismayed, they asked his Gursikh to plea to Maharaaj for Darshan. This Gursikh was highly spiritual (as you can imagine, being with Guru Ji all the time)! And stated "I can see you two miss out on Jaap Sahib? Why so? "Jaap Sahib is too hard for us.".            "Hukam IS to do Jaap Sahib! Do Jaap Sahib then pop back again." Both men had a restless night and did Jaap Sahib in their Nitnem in the Morning. This time on attending Sangat Maharaaj greeted them, spoke to them with glee n pleasure. 

Now, some may be thinking "Isn't Jaap easier to do than Sukhmani Sahib??" Technical yes. But EVERYTHING happened for a reason. Main reason is TO TEACH US! Why is doing Nitnem important? We get the same fruits as the Gursikhs obtained; Maharaaj's happiness, Registry into Sachkhand and protection every night. 

Where have I got Sakhis from? I was blessed in Sangat as a Teenager. In my 20's came across same Sakhis from Sooraj Prakash (Life Jeevans of the Gurus) in Gurudwara and radio. So, 3 different sources on 3 different occasions. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

The latter. 5 in morning; Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasaad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib. Evening - Rehraas Sahib and before bed Sohila. 

According to Rehat Maryaad a Sikh should do Japji and Jaap BEFORE breakfast (including drink a sip of water). But all Gursikhs do the whole five BEFORE BREAKFAST. Sikh code of conduct can be found on Sikhitothemax (that website still around)?? ORIGINAL code of conduct is located at Nander, Mumbai at that Hazoor Sahib. 

Now, question, why do we do the seven? There is History behind it and WHY we do it? I will get into this but at work at the mo. So will pop back later. 

i think that  is bhai nand lal ji's rehitnama that says sikhs did japji and jaap before eating and drinking in morning 

and yeah please do give keemtee vichar soon

• Like 1

Got a question about showering before doing nitnem. Rather then having a shower can we just brush our teeth and wash our face, hands and feet instead? 

I normally get up between 5am-5:45am in the morning, but recently I've been waking up 4am-4:30am but I just go back to sleep again because its early, but Its keep on happening so I'm taking it as a sign that I should be getting up earlier!

But problem is, in the past when I've got up at 4am everyone else starts complaining and moaning that I woke them up! everyone else gets up at 5am! My room is in the attic, and its on top of my  mums room, sisters room and dads room, the floor is wood and they can hear me moving around! my shower is in the attic as well and its quite loud! when the water hits the plastic base it makes a lot of noise, so everyone wakes up. When I get up around 5am or after then its Ok coz everyone else is getting up as well, but when I get up around 4am, they get all grumpy. 

The last thing I want is everyone moaning that I woke them up! so whenever I wake up at 4am to do nitnem, rather than having a shower, can I just brush teeth and wash face, hands and feet instead!  using the sink. 

It gets really awkward and all problematic in my house over small things 😐  and I want to avoid that, especially first thing in the morning. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Got a question about showering before doing nitnem. Rather then having a shower can we just brush our teeth and wash our face, hands and feet instead? 

I normally get up between 5am-5:45am in the morning, but recently I've been waking up 4am-4:30am but I just go back to sleep again because its early, but Its keep on happening so I'm taking it as a sign that I should be getting up earlier!

But problem is, in the past when I've got up at 4am everyone else starts complaining and moaning that I woke them up! everyone else gets up at 5am! My room is in the attic, and its on top of my  mums room, sisters room and dads room, the floor is wood and they can hear me moving around! my shower is in the attic as well and its quite loud! when the water hits the plastic base it makes a lot of noise, so everyone wakes up. When I get up around 5am or after then its Ok coz everyone else is getting up as well, but when I get up around 4am, they get all grumpy. 

The last thing I want is everyone moaning that I woke them up! so whenever I wake up at 4am to do nitnem, rather than having a shower, can I just brush teeth and wash face, hands and feet instead!  using the sink. 

It gets really awkward and all problematic in my house over small things 😐  and I want to avoid that, especially first thing in the morning. 

That seems fine to me, I would just do an ardaas as well before nitnem 🙂

• Like 1
On 5/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Singh1989 said:

Yes it's absolutely fine. 

• Like 1