The shamed and disgraced british foreign office says it wont help Brits tortured or imprisoned aboard

superkaur

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59210389

The husband of Iranian detainee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has said he is entering "uncharted territory" on the 16th day of his hunger strike outside the Foreign Office.

Richard Ratcliffe, began protesting to put pressure on Boris Johnson to meet Iranian delegates at COP 26 to demand freedom for Britons detained in Iran.

He was joined on Monday by Claudia Winkleman and Victoria Coren-Mitchell.

Writer and presenter Mrs Coren-Mitchell said she wanted to support Mr Ratcliffe, who she said "might be the most amazing husband and father ever seen".

"They're a normal family that a terrible thing's happened to," she said.

"Nazanin is a totally innocent woman who needs to come home to her family. Their ongoing torment is a major failure of British diplomacy in its core responsibility - to protect its citizens.

"He doesn't have any power, and he wants the people with power to help him, but he is doing everything he can. I wanted to come as a friend and support him."

oined by Victoria Coren-Mitchell and Claudia Winkleman

Mr Ratcliffe said he doesn't "have any confidence" in the government's plans to free his wife.

Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe, from Hampstead, north London, won't be freed until £400m owed to Iran for failing to deliver tanks in the 1970s is paid.

"Nazanin is held over some debt that the British Government owes the Iranians," he said.

"She's not going to come home until it gets paid, so that needs to be sorted and they also need to be a lot tougher with Iran on using innocent people as hostages."

Don't know how much the British can negotiate "be a lot tougher with Iran on using innocent people as hostages", when they owe £400 million to them ! ?‍♂️?

14 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Don't know how much the British can negotiate "be a lot tougher with Iran on using innocent people as hostages", when they owe £400 million to them ! ?‍♂️?

That's pretty low class to not pay that money. What's even more low class is having 400 million dollars worth of Persian artifacts and not giving them those back either. 99 percent of which are not even shown in a museum. 

43 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Interesting. What are you referring to ?

Well. The fact that the british museum has most of the worlds heritage stolen and locked up, only one percent of which they show is fact. 

How much you could value the Persian collection at is subjective and I have no idea. 

Wat kind of low life do you have to be, to first plunder and loot a people, then proceed to rip them off and owe them money, then proceed to give them neither the money nor their <banned word filter activated> back?

5 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Well. The fact that the british museum has most of the worlds heritage stolen and locked up, only one percent of which they show is fact. 

How much you could value the Persian collection at is subjective and I have no idea. 

Wat kind of low life do you have to be, to first plunder and loot a people, then proceed to rip them off and owe them money, then proceed to give them neither the money nor their <banned word filter activated> back?

What will they do with the other 99% ?

Sell it at auction maybe ?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/richard-ratcliffe-nazanin-zaghariratcliffe-james-cleverly-keir-starmer-iran-b965735.html

Nazanin’s husband ‘deflated’ as he brands Iran meeting ‘depressing’

Richard Ratcliffe is on day 19 of a hunger strike over Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s continued detention in Iran.

Richard Ratcliffe, the husband of Iranian detainee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, speaks to the media following a meeting with Foreign Office minister James Cleverly (Stefan Rousseau/PA)Richard Ratcliffe, the husband of Iranian detainee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, speaks to the media following a meeting with Foreign Office minister James Cleverly (Stefan Rousseau/PA) / PA Wire
By 
1 hour ago

T

he husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has described a meeting with a Foreign Officer minister as “depressing” after telling him he was coming away from it with “no hope”.

Richard Ratcliffe’s meeting with James Cleverly followed talks between UK Government officials and Iran’s deputy foreign minister, Ali Bagheri Kani.

The meetings on Thursday came as Mr Ratcliffe endured his 19th day on hunger strike outside the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) in London.

Speaking to reporters after his meeting with Mr Cleverly, Mr Ratcliffe said: “If I’m honest, quite a depressing meeting.

“In terms of what we got told, well, not much.”

He said Mr Cleverly wanted to emphasise that the meeting with the Iranian delegation had been “cordial”.

He told reporters he would continue his hunger strike outside the FCDO “this evening”, but said he was nearing the end of it “as a strategy”.

Richard Ratcliffe speaks to the media after his meeting (Stefan Rousseau/PA)Richard Ratcliffe speaks to the media after his meeting (Stefan Rousseau/PA) / PA Wire

Asked if he was going to carry on, Mr Ratcliffe said: “For this evening, yes.

“I think there’s a basic medical limit on how long you do a hunger strike for.

“I made a promise to Nazanin, I made a promise to my family, mum in particular, and to the family doctors, that I won’t take it too far.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59275772

The husband of British-Iranian detainee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has ended his hunger strike after 21 days.

Richard Ratcliffe has been protesting outside the Foreign Office, demanding the government does more to secure his wife's release from Iran. 

He said he had promised her he would end the protest, adding their child "needs two parents", and he would now go to hospital for a full check-up.

The Foreign Office has said it is doing all it can to get Nazanin home.