Are Sikhs addicted to appeasing "others" at their own cost

Guest amar

Reorganizing of localized Jathas, with selected not elected representatives, and a restricting and restructuring of Daswandh entirely and where it goes, and seperating Daan funds from Daswandh would fix most the issues in the Paanth. 

We should help ourselves first. But one cannot do that alone or you're just another selfish <banned word filter activated>. 

Basically we all need to coordinate drying up Daswandh ,and Daan to a degree, restructuring, adding way more activities, programs etc in the local Gurudwaras and Bungas, form more Bungas, pair rural land with city holdings. Select representatives. Form consensus of varying sizes locally into globally, with other Sikhs and tribal peoples, then deliver our demands not only to the so called leaders of the Paanth but world leaders as well. 

Lastly we need to recruit youth from all races and backgrounds, the darker the better. We should be running outreach programs in other communities, once our house in order and providing what it should, and help them set up their own Dharam organizations based on their culture and spirituality, flushed out by Purtan Gursikhi, and converting those that wish to become proper Sikhs. 

Here is where using dance, music, art, and contemporary culture help the most. That and keeping our own youth attracted. 

So yes we need edm and hip hop etc, with strong sentiments, to recruit, retain, and communicate with the outside world, especially those involved in the struggle. 

All the bollywood, punjabi, bhalle bhalle ain't gonna cut it and in fact that music is all working against us. Bhangra done right should have been bringing people into the Paanth not out of it. Music venues are a prime recruiting ground. Our venues have been recruiting for the groomers. They should be recruiting soldiers. 

The necessary evils within the Paanth that @dalsingh101 mentions are key in expanding and protecting the Paanth. As are hardcore Nihangs to look over their operations. We need to recruit, then invade gangland and help the families there and recruit, leave some orgs in our wake to keep the Langar going where it's needed and recruiting. The ghetto, the barrio, the reservation. 

You want Khalsa Raj? Help folk nation raise their banners behind the Nishan Sahib. 

The homeless should also be outreached and formed into Faujs. Some Sikh converts, some dedicated to the Dharam aspects of their own culture and spirituality. 

Command structure for alliances. 

Khalsa 

Keshdhari 

Sehajdhari 

Mona / Khalsa equivalent from allied tribes 

Keshdhari equiv.

Sehajdhari equiv.

Mona equiv.

This allows us to ally with people of various Rehits all the way down to thugs of various communities while leaving their local leaders to do most the legwork with their thugs. 

Lol. I decided not to add the last one but fate added it. That's our homeless allies. Lol. 

Some people feed the homeless. Sometimes it's even Langar. How many people teach the homeless to conduct their own langar?

Get them representing themselves, their own community leaders from the sober and more high functioning around them?

Have them not only reducing crime in the street population but the wider community?

See them cleaning their camps and the streets?

And sticking up for their rights as people without houses together. 

Keeping the jackals off, official or otherwise?

Doing Kirtan?

Who wants to mess with a Fauj of homeless vets and excons? 

Who wants to mess with the Bunga communities that form from them as they cease to be homeless?

You want to see some truly fine Sikhs, make huge contributions and sacrifices? Bring this segment of society back from death so they can die for Vaheguru Akal Purakh and the Purtan Sikh Paanth. 

I've been working hard, suffering much to position myself to experiment with all the above. 

Har Kirpa I will be worthy of Amrit and interfacing with deference with the existing Sangat. Inspiring much discourse and being inspired as much as I can, to see if the soil here is fertile for progress. If so, ad hoc a variety of ethnic and tribal communities onto the Paanth, with Parchar and recruiting included and also form alliances and programs with the homeless. Based on sharing of information and comraderie more than resources. 

Prying half my life back from innappropriate levels of responsibilty and burden to extended family, is half the battle. The second half will be making more of my time and somehow working less. 

A very melanin centric, group of the finest eccentrics will be schooled in Gurmat at Gurudwaras, Bungas, community centers, public places, alleys, street corners, behind bars (Parchar/Recruiting to the other locations), and my own rural land very soon. Couldn't be soon enough. Been dragging too much weight to do much in the community lately.