Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These woke people will also be curtailing gun rights which may lead to restrictions on kirpaans.  And woke ppl support beadbi like inter religious and gay marriages. And may enforce them on relig

Unfortunately in this forum, some of us been posting about this issues for a while.... I don't mind if you want to help others, but then stop operating under 'Sikh charities' when Sikhi is not yo

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

When you telling apne how important it is to build your own wealth, wealth = freedom (whether you agree or disagree but learning few notes from Jews wouldn't be a bad idea,) you get called Anti-Sikh, and brainwashed by dil-saaf far left 'Sikhs' who think its all just rainbows and unicorns, and ramble on about 'Colonization' etc..

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

If we had the wherewithal to help gairh-Sikhs (and even then not foolishly helping people/communities who are deeply inimical to us but show a façade that dimwitted people fall for), we should, but we aren't in that position. 

Panjab's economy is a joke, we've got ample wealth there but people back home have timidly normalised and accepted corruption now. As they commonly say: 'Ehdhaan sadha challda'. We don't have cash cows like natural gas, oil or minerals to bring in wealth from outside like some of the communities that apnay help!, so we have limited resources. Even when we help out, it's a show, very rarely does anyone talk about helping truly marginalised and oppressed people like the natives of America/Canada/Australia etc.   Probably because it wouldn't feed their egos like what they do does, and wouldn't play as well to mainstream media. 

Colonisation is a big issue for Sikhs because many retards in our quom celebrate their own subjugation, and think fighting for other people's causes (and that too, people who have suppressed and subjugated us) is right. This is the antecedent of the type of stupid thinking that has people ignoring the communities own needs and jumping on other bandwagons.   On top of this, there a global movement going on right now to confront the evils and impact of white colonialism and imperialism, and many of our lot are too slow to even grasp that, looking like docile apologists for this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

If we had the wherewithal to help gairh-Sikhs (and even then not foolishly helping people/communities who are deeply inimical to us but show a façade that dimwitted people fall for), we should, but we aren't in that position. 

Panjab's economy is a joke, we've got ample wealth there but people back home have timidly normalised and accepted corruption now. As they commonly say: 'Ehdhaan sadha challda'. We don't have cash cows like natural gas, oil or minerals to bring in wealth from outside like some of the communities that apnay help!, so we have limited resources. Even when we help out, it's a show, very rarely does anyone talk about helping truly marginalised and oppressed people like the natives of America/Canada/Australia etc.   Probably because it wouldn't feed their egos like what they do does, and wouldn't play as well to mainstream media. 

Colonisation is a big issue for Sikhs because many retards in our quom celebrate their own subjugation, and think fighting for other people's causes (and that too, people who have suppressed and subjugated us) is right. This is the antecedent of the type of stupid thinking that has people ignoring the communities own needs and jumping on other bandwagons.   On top of this, there a global movement going on right now to confront the evils and impact of white colonialism and imperialism, and many of our lot are too slow to even grasp that, looking like docile apologists for this. 

Punjab did have farming. Soon to be story of the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

 

I meant the 'decolonization Sikh academics who also happen to be woke liberal sjw, and whitewash Sikhi...and ironically they are the ones that been colonized by liberalism with their woke politics and bring Sikhi into it

I 100% agree with what you said.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I meant the 'decolonization Sikh academics who also happen to be woke liberal sjw, and whitewash Sikhi...and ironically they are the ones that been colonized by liberalism with their woke politics and bring Sikhi into it

I 100% agree with what you said.

 

Okay, I hear you. Just so you know, some of us who aren't the typical 'woke, lefty, sjw' types still believe that the effects of 'psychological colonisation' has been, and IS deadly to Sikhs and their future.

It basically turns them into non-critical, dumb storm troopers. And as I've alluded to before, being conscious of deeply rooted inequalities and wanting to combat that, doesn't make you into one of them.  It means your ethical/moral compass is still functioning.

Plus I think using the language I've put in quotes above is seriously detrimental too. Basically by using them, you also implicitly give support to the typical rightwingers who use them, and who are inherently racist - so you become a tool. Words are powerful, and we've been falling for the trick of framing Sikh experience within the lexicon of those who are inimical towards us since annexation. This has to stop. People don't even seem to grasp what the implications of doing this are. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Punjab did have farming. Soon to be story of the world. 

If you look prior to annexation, Panjab's economy was infinitely broader than just farming. It's this 'putting all your eggs into one basket' that is screwing us over so badly. 

No one is going to survive the next century without a broad robust economy. Outside of external ill will, it just takes a slight change in climate to derail an agricultural economy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are criticizing Sikh charity organizations for helping out people who are not Sikhs. But here is what you fail to realize: if those organizations focused strictly on Sikhs, they would raise only a tiny fraction of the money that they currently are able to raise (in particular, they would raise much less money from Sikhs than they currently raise).

When an organization is seen to be helping all kinds of people, it makes others want to donate to it. When it is seen to be helping only Sikhs, it is viewed as a fringe organization supporting fringe causes.

 

Anyway, regardless of the choices that various charity organizations make, the amount of benefit to the Sikh community would end up being the same. It is what it is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I meant the 'decolonization Sikh academics who also happen to be woke liberal sjw, and whitewash Sikhi...and ironically they are the ones that been colonized by liberalism with their woke politics and bring Sikhi into it

I 100% agree with what you said.

 

 

I hope you realize that the "woke liberal sjw" people who you are are always railing against are the people who are most likely to defend the rights of Sikhs to practice their faith openly and freely (i.e., keep their kesh, wear dastars, wear the panj kakkars, etc., and be accommodated by their employers to do so).

The "non-woke" people tend to think that fringe groups like the Sikhs should go back to wear they came from if they don't want to live like the "mainstream."

But for some reason, people like you want to spend your time complaining about those who, whatever faults they may have, are generally our strongest allies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

But for some reason, people like you want to spend your time complaining about those who, whatever faults they may have, are generally our strongest allies.

The experience of UK Sikhs who've been trying to combat the targeted grooming of Sikh females says otherwise. These lefty types turned a blind eye to that, I don't think they are as strong an ally as you think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The experience of UK Sikhs who've been trying to combat the targeted grooming of Sikh females says otherwise. These lefty types turned a blind eye to that, I don't think they are as strong an ally as you think. 

 

Okay, in what sense did they turn a blind eye? Are you referring to a failure to identify the grooming gangs as coming primarily from the Muslim community, or something more than that?

 

UK Sikhs take a lot of things for granted because the mainstream British community has (at this point) largely accepted them, and because their population density makes it possible to have some political influence.

 

In places like the US, the Sikhs are in a much more precarious situation. If you try to argue to someone that, for example, a Sikh police officer should be able to wear a turban and maintain a beard, the vast majority of the public will think asking for such an exemption is completely absurd and that it is ridiculous to accommodate some tiny, fringe group of people who they have never heard of. Most people will voice opinions along the lines of "if they can't conform to the dress code, they should find a different job." Do you know the type of people who are (by far) the most likely to come out and say that that's not right and that a Sikh in that situation should be accommodated? The leftists who you people are so quick to deride.

"Wokeness" has its excesses, but "woke" people are generally much greater allies to minority communities like Sikhs than the right-wing majoritarian communities that for some reason you guys don't seem concerned about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use