sangat please read

Guest Lohgarh Singh

Listen bro, first calm down yeh, we all get these doubts.

It is difficult to find the balance between the warrior essence and the concept of daya... i.e. where and when do you stand up and fight and when and where do you walk away. Dont worry this is something i was discussing with some singhs just 3 days ago after some guys threw an insult at me while driving away in a car.... wasn't sure wether i did right by ignoring them esp as they were driving off, or should i have tried to get the guy to step out the car and deal with it etc. Difficult finding the balance between anakh .. not pride but mantaining respect of sikhi saroop and compassion in terms of these people know not what they do etc!

Try this, get a punch bag, or go down to the gym. And knock the absolute stuffing out of it!!! I mean just beat it till you drop down exhausted. All that frustration and pent up josh, just let it out on the bag. Imagine it to be the face of someone you would love to smash in, use history if need be, gandhi, meer mannu, chandhu, kps gill etc, whoever. Just hit till you cant move ur arms any more. And if u feel like screaming, then scream and shout just let it out! If you can find someone, spar with them, put on some head guards and some gloves and knock the lights out of each other.

Realise that you physically are not a pushover. You can hold your own against anyone. Just do something to show your strength to yourself. If you like running go for the longest run you ever been on, if u like weights try lifting the greatest weight u ever lifted!

After this, sit in sangat. In sangat you will find your greatest support. Talk to them i guarantee everyone gone

through these doubts at some stage or other, its nice when the biggest guy in the room, whose got arms the size of ur thighs and as many scars as you've had hot meals tells you that sometimes he gets scared too and sometims he has doubts too!

Plus dont forget sometimes those who least blieve in themselves are the best wepon. They who have no hunkar can easily get guru's kirpa and be the first on the field, as oppossed to those of us full of ego who talk a good game but stop there!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

sangat, i almost got myself into a fight the other day. but i couldnt throw a punch. because that person is tougher than me. i am sorry to admit, that i am afraid of him, n thats y i froze, thats why i couldnt even push him. number 1, is it wrong to be afraid of sum1? number two, what do you do if there is sum1 tougher than u n u fight him. how can u possibly win?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

wjkk wjkf

sangat, i almost got myself into a fight the other day. but i couldnt throw a punch. because that person is tougher than me. i am sorry to admit, that i am afraid of him, n thats y i froze, thats why i couldnt even push him. number 1, is it wrong to be afraid of sum1? number two, what do you do if there is sum1 tougher than u n u fight him. how can u possibly win?

I know im nne to say it as i havent taken amrit myself but, amrit will infuse the bir ras into you. and whenever your afraud of anything do chaupai sahib paath. :nihungsmile:

wjkk wjkf

u dont become a warrior just by carrying a sri sahib, wearing a dumala or by wearing a bana, u become a warrior by knowing how to fight, its simple, when you put in the effort and mehnat to train day in and day out then it will automatically give you ur rewards, same with bani and simran, if you read and understand bani and do simran you will be elevated to higher spiritual levels

the reason u froze in your fight was probably ur confidence was broken when someone confronted you, the consequences which may appear after the fight became apparent and you was too scared to carry out any action, maybe you would like to explain why or what was going through your mind

khalsas of old didnt just look the part, they trained hard to know how to fight, they didnt win wars without blood sweat and tears, and if u wish to be a warrior, or know how to fight like one then u have to put in the effort yourself, you know that, people on the forum know that and you should turn advice into action

no matter what you will always find someone who is tougher and stronger then you, but why see it as something that brings fear into you? see it as something which will help u improve your own skill and help u become a better fighter, taking a beating is part of learning, gettin scars is part of learning, if a warrior gets cut once and starts crying about it - what warrior is he??

if anything this experience should be an eye opener to urself and many others on this forum, good luck with ur training