Animal Products everywhere!!!

V

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i see it that quote doesnt justify eating meat, but it does say arguing about it over and over will lead to fruitless discussions and is pointless.

no it doesnt, it means that it doesnt matter if you dont do your paath/simran, it wont make a difference it you eat meat, or if you dont eat meat.

How doesnt it matter if you eat stuff like gelatin and glycerin? Meat is meat, if it comes from an animal it is meat. The animal was killed, and you are eating a part of the dead animal. There is no difference between eating pork or chicken, or eating another part of an animal that was made into glycerine or gelatin. How can you justify eating an animal in one form, and than justify why you dont eat it when its in another form? Is it really that big of a problem to read the ingredients on a package once in a while?

And yes, plants are alive too, but they dont feel pain like animals.

I've heard that SGPC and Akal Takht allow meat. Also, Nihangs eat it.

I myself am a vegetarian, but I also wonder about why the above groups allow it.

Here's a great article that spports a non-meat diet:

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/rahit/rahit_kuthha.ppa

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/rahit/rahit_hunt.ppa

maryada for eating chatka is really doing the chatka yourself or having another sikh do it, not eating mcdonalds burgers and trusting their way of killing the animal.

The way i see it that quote doesnt justify eating meat, but it does say arguing about it over and over will lead to fruitless discussions and is pointless.

Listen to this to see what the true meaning of the Gurbani line you stated. Check out the meaning of the whole shabad, not just the one line.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/Giani_T...oorakh_Chagrdae

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

no it doesnt, it means that it doesnt matter if you dont do your paath/simran, it wont make a difference it you eat meat, or if you dont eat meat.

How doesnt it matter if you eat stuff like gelatin and glycerin? Meat is meat, if it comes from an animal it is meat. The animal was killed, and you are eating a part of the dead animal. There is no difference between eating pork or chicken, or eating another part of an animal that was made into glycerine or gelatin. How can you justify eating an animal in one form, and than justify why you dont eat it when its in another form? Is it really that big of a problem to read the ingredients on a package once in a while?

And yes, plants are alive too, but they dont feel pain like animals.

Can you prove that plants do not feel pain ? ohmy.gif

Maybe scientists have no way of measuring pain to plants. :wub: