Jaats hurt by dhadi daler Kaur Khalsa comments!

shastarSingh

On 8/27/2021 at 10:54 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I think it's actually part of Sikhi to be a polyglot like dasmesh pita. They encouraged being literate and producing literature in more than one language. Dasam Granth has Braj Bhasha, Farsi and a little bit of Panjabi. Lots of dialects are used in Sggs ji too. 

We shouldn't have a problem with people learning/knowing multiple languages. Not that I think we should model ourselves on sullay, but even with them notice how they have the Arab for prayers as well as their own language like Bengali, or Nigerian. 

J.S. Grewal's The Sikhs of the Punjab was the first book written about Sikh history that opened my eyes to the cultural pre (and non)-Sikh influences that impacted the early life of Guru Nanak Dev Ji (and the other Gurus in general, tbf).

You just don't get that kind of "big picture" rigour from religiously-leaning sources that are designed to "preach" Sikhi to the pre-existing choir; possibly there's a sense of insecurity or fear on the part of those who control our religious narrative that telling us too much about our lands and our culture before Sikhi might reveal some of the more interesting things that were in existence for many thousands of years before 1469.

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

J.S. Grewal's The Sikhs of the Punjab was the first book written about Sikh history that opened my eyes to the cultural pre (and non)-Sikh influences that impacted the early life of Guru Nanak Dev Ji (and the other Gurus in general, tbf).

You just don't get that kind of "big picture" rigour from religiously-leaning sources that are designed to "preach" Sikhi to the pre-existing choir; possibly there's a sense of insecurity or fear on the part of those who control our religious narrative that telling us too much about our lands and our culture before Sikhi might reveal some of the more interesting things that were in existence for many thousands of years before 1469.

It seems like we've got some dumbed down 'Sikhism' going on right now. I agree that there is a concerted effort to never rock the boat and keep status quos as exists (stayinyourplaceism as Gurjant aptly called it). 

I don't agree with you on certain points, I think wasps did sneak in the Aryan theories, and Scythian theories into the Panjab during colonialism, and this played a big part in solidifying caste along racial lines in a way never done previously.

11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't agree with you on certain points, I think wasps did sneak in the Aryan theories, and Scythian theories into the Panjab during colonialism, and this played a big part in solidifying caste along racial lines in a way never done previously.

To create greater unity between the Europeans and Indians but also to 'divide and conquer' at the same time ?

45 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It seems like we've got some dumbed down 'Sikhism' going on right now. I agree that there is a concerted effort to never rock the boat and keep status quos as exists (stayinyourplaceism as Gurjant aptly called it). 

I don't have a problem with embracing this particular argument. Definitely, the British were masters of sociology, knowing how to clinically manipulate an existing people's culture and tweak / modify it so that the conquered people sang from the conquerer's hymn sheet. Fools don't attempt this kind of cultural attack; this type of "silent attack" is what intelligent enemies do. It all certainly happened back in the day BUT the current Indian cultural swing under Modi whereby various influential institutions are attempting to play-down and even rewrite the gross inequalities and historical injustices faced by the low-castes under the rigid Hindu caste system, is over-egging the pudding in my opinion.  The Indian elites are worried that if things don't change for the better for people on the bottom rung of Indian society as promised by Modi, they will turn on the super-rich Indians who are getting richer, or God forbid, the little people will turn against the belief system that claims they're in the unfortunate life position they find themselves in because of karmic implications. That would be a huge problem for Indian Hindu society. That ideology stems from Indian literature written when Europeans were bumming around in caves and forests. The East India Company weren't around then.

58 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

To create greater unity between the Europeans and Indians but also to 'divide and conquer' at the same time ?

Yes, it's a multifaceted and complex strategy that works on many dimensions. Especially to break us away from our ancient roots and moorings That's a common strategy of theirs too. 

Instead of creating 'greater unity' between 'Indians' and them, it also served to make people mentally accept their subjugation. 

If we know our ithiaas we know that two of the panj piaray came from areas far away from the north, and were fully accepted into the panth. Two piaray came from Maharastra and Odissa.  I don't think they were the only Sikhs from these areas either, just the most well known ones. With euro theory, these people become racial 'others'.