Panjab marriages and exodus

5aaban

4 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

I think way more students from Punjab are coming to canada than uk. So we hear of more cases?

Isn't it harder for international students to move to the UK compared to Canada? Maybe thats why more go to Canada leading to more death cases there. 

"Canada has become an ideal place for higher education studies...Canada has the benefit of lower overall costs of study and living" (from https://cubetoronto.com/canada/is-going-to-canada-worth-it-as-a-student/

22 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What do you think are the causal factors for this? Why doesn't it happen in the UK to that extent?  

Canada is more of a "natural" home for Sikh immigrants, meaning they get over-confident in their surroundings after hearing decades of tales about Canada being another Punjabi outpost. In the UK, these same people need to "behave themselves" to a certain degree, because while I wouldn't argue the UK is more hostile to these people, folk are less inclined to tolerate their boisterous, blustering bull5hit. Maybe things are swinging back the other way in Canada, too? I'd be interested to hear what the long-time settled Canadian Sikhs (not the new arrivals) have to say about their compatriots.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, proudkaur21 said:

Yes that is true. But I'm also wondering if pakistanis or any other country also have so many students from there dying in foreign countries? I've not really heard as many cases of students from other parts of indian dying like this. But with punjabis it's literally every other day a bad news. Even check YouTube for punjabi student suicide you will find so many news in the recent years.

The conditions in other parts of India are probably worse than Panjab but they still manage to live there. But Panjabis are known for their love of Canada. 

Just now, 5aaban said:

I agree. The condition of Pakistan and other parts of India is probably worse than Panjab but they still manage to live there. It's only Panjabi youngsters who don't have a motivation in life that doesn't involve a foreign country. 

Yeah that is true. Pakistan has even worse conditions than us no? Not really seen people from there act in the way apne do.

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Canada is more of a "natural" home for Sikh immigrants, meaning they get over-confident in their surroundings after hearing decades of tales about Canada being another Punjabi outpost. In the UK, these same people need to "behave themselves" to a certain degree, because while I wouldn't argue the UK is more hostile to these people, folk are less inclined to tolerate their boisterous, blustering bull5hit. Maybe things are swinging back the other way in Canada, too? I'd be interested to hear what the long-time settled Canadian Sikhs (not the new arrivals) have to say about their compatriots.

Could be. Punjabis are killed in hate crimes in other lesser known parts of canada. This canada being second punjab is only true for a few cities and areas. I guess they dont really know this and think entire canada is Surrey or brampton .

On 3/3/2022 at 12:11 AM, proudkaur21 said:

Yeah that is true. Pakistan has even worse conditions than us no? Not really seen people from there act in the way apne do.

There are many international students coming from Pakistan too but the craze isn't widespread the same way it is among Panjabis. 

Even Pakistanis in the poorest of villages seem satisfied with their lives.

2 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

There are definitely many international students coming from Pakistan but the craze isn't widespread the same way it is among Panjabis. 

Even Pakistanis in villages seem content with their lives. Panjabi youngsters have lost interest in farms and believe only labourers from other states should be working in them. 

Pakistanis are deffo less materialistic. I was saying this before too that I've noticed they dont mind living with less money.