Why Panjabis learn Bhangra in the west

5aaban

17 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Bhangra is the biggest part of Panjabi culture. 

I believe part of the connection MUST be to do with all Panjabi singers' video shoots, they are directed in Western Countries (well, mainly Canada). It's the exposure of media yet again. 

Watch ANY music video you will see Canada or sum other Western Country. The days of shooting in Panjab for video shoot are LONG gone. 

Parents will encourage their kids so they can be seen on TV/ become famous - all that psychological factor kicks in. 

I've seen amritdharis who can't sing get professional videos made of them singing a song (very badly). I think it's one of those lemming jut things. When one does it, the rest want to jump on?  

20 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Bhangra is the biggest part of Panjabi culture. 

I believe part of the connection MUST be to do with all Panjabi singers' video shoots, they are directed in Western Countries (well, mainly Canada). It's the exposure of media yet again. 

Watch ANY music video you will see Canada or sum other Western Country. The days of shooting in Panjab for video shoot are LONG gone. 

Parents will encourage their kids so they can be seen on TV/ become famous - all that psychological factor kicks in. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

That says it all.........

Bhangra is not the correct 'umbrella term' for all Panjabi music - all Panjabi music is not bhangra. And not all bhangra artists or dancers are jatt.

There's been many non-jatt Panjabi singers in the UK in the past 40 years , that actually live here. 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Bhangra is not the correct 'umbrella term' for all Panjabi music - all Panjabi music is not bhangra. And not all bhangra artists or dancers are jatt.

There's been many non-jatt Panjabi singers in the UK in the past 40 years , that actually live here. 

I know, but it's mainly the bad influence of jut proclivities. Others jump on it to cater to them and those they have brainwashed. 

Look at the end of the day, what I'm saying is that this culture hasn't done us many favours. We need other more prudent directions. Low IQ people will struggle to comprehend this, but I know many of you know exactly what I mean.   

On 2/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Premi5 said:
  •  

'Jazzy B' had a concert in Birmingham yday

This was after, apparently. 

Have no idea what the story is , but it was some 'students only' event. Some of the guys look like Paks to me

[FINAL TICKETS] Desi Beats Special - Jazzy B Performing Live

https://www.fatsoma.com/e/uc4ufab6/less-than-175-tickets-desi-beats-special-jazzy-b-performing-live

I have to give it to that youngun who took that boot in the boat race right at the end. Whatever he was. 

He took those licks like a high threshold for pain soldier! lol

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I know, but it's mainly the bad influence of jut proclivities. Others jump on it to cater to them and those they have brainwashed. 

Look at the end of the day, what I'm saying is that this culture hasn't done us many favours. We need other more prudent directions. Low IQ people will struggle to comprehend this, but I know many of you know exactly what I mean.   

I understand what you are saying and the culture of drinking is not good, but most rural folk in Panjab /from Panjab are similar to each other in behaviour. All groups drink

Just need to be united and move forward and away from it 

16 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I understand what you are saying and the culture of drinking is not good, but most rural folk in Panjab /from Panjab are similar to each other in behaviour. All groups drink

Just need to be united and move forward and away from it 

I think making songs about it doesn't help. Just brainwashes a new generation into it. 

• 2 weeks later...