Why Panjabis learn Bhangra in the west

5aaban

17 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Give us the insight..haha

Is it bad as its made out to be with Punjabis and their not so great habits? 

Brampton is mostly a new immigrants hub now. Like majority of people I see around are new people. I used to go to school in nearby city where there were few punjabis and they were born here. They mostly were friends with goras and never wanted to be seen with new immigrants. That's long back now. Even most of my friends are the ones not born here. Most of the Canadian born ones are mostly assimilated and prefer to be canadian. 

4 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

How's it like in the UK when it comes to Sikhs marrying out?

Do you have some non Sikhs coming to sikhi, or are 'sikh' the ones converting?

Over the years i have seen non-punjabis marrying Punjabis Sikhs raising their kids in Sikhi. I've seen, blacks, whites (common Gora Sikhs converting) and i know a half Chinese Singh, who wears a turban in Sikhi..Polish Punjabis is common because there was a huge influx for Punjabi munde immigrants(mostly mona) marrying polish yrs ago (passport lol)...With Gurudwares nearby and Punjabis neighborhoods its makes it easier ...but some of these Punjabi munde immigrants dont have got rep here

I dont know those living in rural areas or where there is not much Sikhs nearby. Probably not them same. Some highly educated apne live in these areas white neighborhood become very gorified/atheists living like typical English..

Hindu - Sikhs common esp Gujjis girls marrying Sikh men very common i can give you 10 couples right now lol its 50/50 with Hindu-Sikhs...i hope kids dont turn out to be rss types but i think its likely due to some hindus rss types calling out Sikh 'Terrorists' 

Then ofc you got the Islam-Sikh debacle (grooming) 

But imo i thinks it getting better with gora coming into Sikhi they seem very panthic too not the mona jatt types..

How is it in your end?

1 minute ago, Kau89r8 said:

Over the years i have seen non-punjabis marrying Punjabis Sikhs raising their kids in Sikhi. I've seen, blacks, whites (common Gora Sikhs converting) and i know a half Chinese Singh, who wears a turban in Sikhi..Polish Punjabis is common because there was a huge influx for Punjabi munde immigrants(mostly mona) marrying polish yrs ago (passport lol)...With Gurudwares nearby and Punjabis neighborhoods its makes it easier ...but some of these Punjabi munde immigrants dont have got rep here

I dont know those living in rural areas or where there is not much Sikhs nearby. Probably not them same. Some highly educated apne live in these areas white neighborhood become very gorified/atheists living like typical English..

Hindu - Sikhs common esp Gujjis girls marrying Sikh men very common i can give you 10 couples right now lol its 50/50 with Hindu-Sikhs...i hope kids dont turn out to be rss types but i think its likely due to some hindus rss types calling out Sikh 'Terrorists' 

But imo i thinks it getting better with gora coming into Sikhi they seem very panthic too not the mona jatt types..

How is it in your end?

I have never seen a mixed punjabi sikh kid in canada till now lol although I know apne marry out alot which is weird to me. The half punjabi kids were all non sikhs.

3 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

How is it in your end?

UK seems a mess. RIP no future for sikhs in the west. Sikhi can only emerge back from punjab now. If punjab gone then it's over.

15 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Brampton is mostly a new immigrants hub now. 

There has been some news about sex trafficking, and Punjabi immigrants getting into that stuff (boys and girls) due to money issues, need to survive ...is this true? My mum was telling me about it she saw on punjabi news channel...apne have no choice and they end up doing this stuff...

I know there been issues with Punjabis not paying wages to their workers exploiting them ..sad happens in UK too 

7 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

UK seems a mess. RIP no future for sikhs in the west. Sikhi can only emerge back from punjab now. If punjab gone then it's over

USA seems more a mess than here. Over here, we see there's a lot of Canadian Sikhs who are kattarh. 

A lot of the kharkhu and associated families left Panjab to go Canada , especially Toronto/Brampton area

I have family of family who live near Niagra Falls - you know that area ?

Canadian Sikhs can be strong

https://sikhsiyasat.net/sikh-activists-block-capt-amarinders-bid-hold-public-rallies-canada/

Sikh activists block Capt. Amarinder’s bid to hold public rallies in Canada

April 22, 2016 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau

Toronto: Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh has reportedly cancelled his political rallies in Toronto and Vancouver. The move came in wake of an advisory issued by the Canadian foreign ministry.

Capt. Amarinder, who is on a political tour to USA and Canada, was set to hold political shows in Canada. A human rights group, Sikhs For Justice, was making efforts to block Capt. Amarinder’s bid to hold public functions in Canada.

SFJ has raised the matter with the Foreign ministry of Canada after which the representatives of Canadian government reportedly took up the matter with the authorities in Indian High Commission.

Toronto-based law firm Goldblatt Partners, on behalf of the SFJ, has sent a memorandum to foreign minister Stephane Dion, claiming Amarinder Singh’s visit will violate a circular issued in September 2011 wherein the department stated it will “not allow foreign governments to conduct election campaigns in Canada or establish foreign political parties or movements in Canada”.

2 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

There has been some news about sex trafficking, and Punjabi immigrants getting into that stuff (boys and girls) due to money issues, need to survive ...is this true? My mum was telling me about it she saw on punjabi news channel...apne have no choice and they end up doing this stuff...

I know there been issues with Punjabis not paying wages to their workers exploiting them ..sad happens in UK too 

Sis it's really bad here. Even my dad was talking about these girls getting into prostitution to pay for their college fees. It's not just sex trafficking ,alot of girls themselves doing it. The way they behave is so bad. Picking up fights in plazas,girls screaming at men and picking fights with them and using abusive language. Alot of it is recorded on youtube. Even the bassi show guy made videos on one such incident. Boys and girls fighting with each other, screaming and using abusive language. Like our punjabi girls have no shame at all. You will think they come from punjab and have morals but no they are even worse than the ones born here sometimes.  It's really really bad. Many caught for drug trafficking. And sister there are so mnay suicides of punjabi kids and even accidents. Literally every other day there is news of a punjabi student dying in some accident. There was this guy who was a punjabi student in Surrey and he was having an online affair with a girl in Pakistan and then committed suicide. He was amritdhari too! Can you believe the condition of our people? Dying for a paki girl loool. Some of his friends were on youtube saying that he used to be amritdhari and gave all his money to the girl and was even asking parents for more.  When she wanted to break up due to no money he killed himself. That's what his friends were saying and they said he also became muslim and started keeping fast. It's really bad.

9 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

UK seems a mess. RIP no future for sikhs in the west. Sikhi can only emerge back from punjab now. If punjab gone then it's over.

Pros/Cons everywhere for Sikhs in the West...tbf over here in UK dues issues made alot Sikhs very panthic based too you have no choice with dominant Pakistani community here..much more then those in usa/canada who seem to be very liberal 

Ya Punjab...idk man...what can we do..i also feel that ppl Punjab care less about Punjab then we do in West? Have you come across that..they;d be like Sant Ji yet we want to be with India ..idk i think to restart Punjab we need to clear house

6 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Pros/Cons everywhere for Sikhs in the West...tbf over here in UK dues issues made alot Sikhs very panthic based too you have no choice with dominant Pakistani community here..much more then those in usa/canada who seem to be very liberal 

Ya Punjab...idk man...what can we do..i also feel that ppl Punjab care less about Punjab then we do in West? Have you come across that..they;d be like Sant Ji yet we want to be with India ..idk i think to restart Punjab we need to clear house

If our shaheeds saw the condition of our qoum today ,what would they think? That they died for this?