Why Panjabis learn Bhangra in the west

5aaban

56 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Panjabi parents these days let their daughters (and sons) go to countries like Saudi Arabia where some are tortured and enslaved by employers and have their passports taken away. The youth of Panjab is disappearing. 

The desperation of Panjabis today is just saddening. How would our ancestors would feel about this. 

Punjab youth trapped in Russia to return home. He was stuck in a factory in Russia after being cheated by the travel agent.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/chandigarh/punjab-youth-trapped-in-russia-to-return-home-today/story-ridTCKv0x9NGuTUb8q6KcJ.html

15 Punjab Boys Go Missing While Trying To Enter US Illegally. The group was intercepted by the Mexican Army just an hour away from the US border

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/15-punjab-boys-go-missing-while-trying-to-enter-us-illegally-community-leader-2192543

Panjab women duped and stuck in Muscat goes viral, Amarinder asks for MEA help. 

https://theprint.in/india/video-of-punjab-women-duped-and-stuck-in-muscat-goes-viral-amarinder-asks-for-mea-help/366123/

So many punjabis die in other countries. My mum was herself saying that in the news almost every other day some punjabi student has died. There was even an article recently about students suicide . Very bad condition.

57 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Panjabi parents these days let their daughters (and sons) go to countries like Saudi Arabia where some are tortured and enslaved by employers and have their passports taken away. The youth of Panjab is disappearing. 

The desperation of Panjabis today is just saddening. How would our ancestors would feel about this. 

Punjab youth trapped in Russia to return home. He was stuck in a factory in Russia after being cheated by the travel agent.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/chandigarh/punjab-youth-trapped-in-russia-to-return-home-today/story-ridTCKv0x9NGuTUb8q6KcJ.html

15 Punjab Boys Go Missing While Trying To Enter US Illegally. The group was intercepted by the Mexican Army just an hour away from the US border

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/15-punjab-boys-go-missing-while-trying-to-enter-us-illegally-community-leader-2192543

Panjab women duped and stuck in Muscat goes viral, Amarinder asks for MEA help. 

https://theprint.in/india/video-of-punjab-women-duped-and-stuck-in-muscat-goes-viral-amarinder-asks-for-mea-help/366123/

Were those 15 boys ever found? Mexico is so dangerous. So many drug gangs who kill people. 

42 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Yep Jatts...well off apne converting ..seen it myself

Seen those actress like sonam bajwa converted to Christianity...makes living of Punjabi films yet thanking Jesus lol

Have u seen the way this sonam Bajwa dresses? And the things they promote. Alot of low iq apneeyaan see her as a role model smh.

3 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Over the years i have seen non-punjabis marrying Punjabis Sikhs raising their kids in Sikhi. I've seen, blacks, whites (common Gora Sikhs converting) and i know a half Chinese Singh, who wears a turban in Sikhi..Polish Punjabis is common because there was a huge influx for Punjabi munde immigrants(mostly mona) marrying polish yrs ago (passport lol)...With Gurudwares nearby and Punjabis neighborhoods its makes it easier ...but some of these Punjabi munde immigrants dont have got rep here

I dont know those living in rural areas or where there is not much Sikhs nearby. Probably not them same. Some highly educated apne live in these areas white neighborhood become very gorified/atheists living like typical English..

Hindu - Sikhs common esp Gujjis girls marrying Sikh men very common i can give you 10 couples right now lol its 50/50 with Hindu-Sikhs...i hope kids dont turn out to be rss types but i think its likely due to some hindus rss types calling out Sikh 'Terrorists' 

Then ofc you got the Islam-Sikh debacle (grooming) 

But imo i thinks it getting better with gora coming into Sikhi they seem very panthic too not the mona jatt types..

How is it in your end?

The people I'm associated with, they would not even think about marrying out, they'd be kicked out in seconds, even my non-amritdhari jatt mates. Cause we're still first gen. Even openely dating even within out own, here isn't really the best thing to do, have to hide it. But we still have kids our age messing around and sh1t. 

Back when I was younger, at Punjabi school, there was a half chinese and half punjabi kid, the dad was punjabi, they knew some paath and then learnt to read and write and speak punjabi. There was also this amritdhari sikh, who proposed to this gori sikh, I think they broke things off. One of my school mates who is punjabi has family who's parents don't give a sh1t and now they're daughter is marrying this Turkish christian bloke, in a church. I knew this other girl who had an anand karaj with a gora, lol I was pretty shocked considering her brother is amritdhari I think. I'm not sure about the kids, because we still have a young population here. The whitewashed ones from a young age, I'm going to assume that the children are going to become like your typical gora, while we'll have the occasional mixed sikh amritdhari kid, probably not yet but maybe in the coming years, my parents would never let me marry a non punjabi, but if I had kids, I wouldn't care, as long as they're amritdhari. 

3 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

@Kaurr @proudkaur21

Check this doc out..

I saw this last year when I was bored during english lmao. I'm not suprised with the amount of illegal immigrants. But the drugs, yeah it's really bad. lmao the lemon baba guy cracked me up for some reason. I don't know what to think about injection. 

Bhangra is the biggest part of Panjabi culture. 

I believe part of the connection MUST be to do with all Panjabi singers' video shoots, they are directed in Western Countries (well, mainly Canada). It's the exposure of media yet again. 

Watch ANY music video you will see Canada or sum other Western Country. The days of shooting in Panjab for video shoot are LONG gone. 

Parents will encourage their kids so they can be seen on TV/ become famous - all that psychological factor kicks in. 

17 hours ago, Premi5 said:
  •  

'Jazzy B' had a concert in Birmingham yday

This was after, apparently. 

Have no idea what the story is , but it was some 'students only' event. Some of the guys look like Paks to me

[FINAL TICKETS] Desi Beats Special - Jazzy B Performing Live

https://www.fatsoma.com/e/uc4ufab6/less-than-175-tickets-desi-beats-special-jazzy-b-performing-live

Ah the joys of being young. lol

Jazzy B's contribution to culture. 

I find it hard to tell the difference between young paks and apnay these days.