Ukraine-Russia crisis

5aaban

On 3/13/2022 at 10:52 PM, Premi5 said:

Households in the UK will be offered £350 a month to open their homes to people fleeing the war in Ukraine.

Housing Secretary Michael Gove told the BBC tens of thousands of people could come to the UK under the scheme and he may offer a room to a refugee.

Do you remember when some Sikhs were smuggled into England in a truck? The truck drivers were arrested.

I don't know what became of those Sikhs, but there was certainly no organized effort to provide refuge and comfort to Afghan Sikhs. Or to Punjabi Sikhs during the 1980s or 90s.

So what explains all of this?

Whatever the people who are running things want, that's the narrative that is pushed.

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Do you think the Punjabi Muslims would have (over time) deconverted if, having retained our Kingdom, we would have made it clear that the Mullahs don't have the power to kill anybody deconverting (apostatizing) from Islam?

I'm talking about Punjabis who were forced either by the sword or other compulsions to convert after the Muslims came to our homeland, not the descendants of the invaders.

I myself think a good few of them would've deconverted in that hypothetical situation. I know a few of my generation who don't really practice it (i.e. drink, eat non-halal, bacon etc.). Though all their kids practice it though.