Ukraine-Russia crisis

5aaban

If I recall, other the claim of "WMDs", one of the triggers of US's invasion of Iraq was the fact that Iraq supplanting the use of Euro's instead of the US dollar.

If you have major countries finding alternative currencies to the US dollar, the US cannot invade so many countries all at once.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think it was purchased in rupees. 

It would have been better if the Russians sold them for these to be honest. The rupee is a pretty worthless currency.

Amazon.com: Hasbro Monopoly Money : Toys & Games

What's Putin going to do when Modi has 500 and 1000 notes withdrawn like it happened in 2016. How many Dindus does he know that he can get to go to India and convert them to the new notes? 

7 hours ago, proactive said:

Great news. In the current climate this will only lead to the further isolation of India which is good in my view. Modi had a chance here to become the darling of the west and try and replace China as the destination of western investment. Don't ever under estimate the power of the woke in the west who would rather see their own country's economic interests hurt as long as they can display their virtue signals. There will be increasing pressure for the western governments to act against Indian companies. Watch as western companies and investors jump ship from India especially if they come under pressure from the woke. Some Chinese companies have already suffered from rumours that they might get delisted from NY stock exchange even though the Chinese have tried to remain somewhat neutral. India might gain support from some third world countries whose populations are on the side of the Russians but this will not make up for the damage to India's image that it's take up of Russia's offer will cause. 

As for cheap fertiliser, the farmers will never see this, the corrupt Indian system will turn the 40% or 50% cheaper fertiliser into a 1 or 2% cheaper fertiliser by the time it reaches the farmers. The godi media will then blow their trumpets about how the farmers are so lucky to get such cheap fertiliser! 

But isnt the world becoming bipolar a good thing? Like dont you want other superpowers to rise ?

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yep! It was Saddam's attempts to get economic independence from the west that triggered that invasion, not the bull5hit the west made up. 

But they also use a lot of other tactics against noncompliant governments as John Perkin's exposed in his book The confessions of an economic hit man. 

That's what I'm saying they want to be on top of the world and then make <banned word filter activated> excuses to destroy other countries. The world becoming bipolar with decreasing American influence will be like the best thing to happen.

2 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

That's what I'm saying they want to be on top of the world and then make <banned word filter activated> excuses to destroy other countries. The world becoming bipolar with decreasing American influence will be like the best thing to happen.

Let's not also ignore how the 'anglosphere' is also based around a white supremacist hegemony on politics and resources. 

It's hard to tell if the russian move has been poorly (logistically speaking) planned at this stage.  But I think most astute Sikhs will realise the current order does us no favours at all. In fact, if it doesn't surreptitiously work against us (whilst playing dumb, or being haughty or being all insidious smiles to our faces), it turns a blind eye to any issues we face, whilst jumping up and down to 'defend' other communities for geo-political/economic reasons.