22 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

If only this dude had the attitude towards sikhi rather than nonsense punjabi culture.....

Why? He'd only have some sect-obsessed loyalist claim he wasn't a "real" Sikh because he didn't belong to one jatha or another, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best of UK and Canada ūüėā ¬† ¬†

Wearing a shirt saying "see a singh, salute a singh" while dancing like a buffoon to a song about alcohol Wonderful.

@dallysingh101 @proudkaur21 @MisterrSingh

Posted Images

@dallysingh101 is this okay? harmless fun ?

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/telford/2022/05/13/ladies-all-smiles-at-colourful-punjabi-dance-contest-in-telford/

Ladies all smiles at colourful Punjabi dance contest in Telford

By Nick HumphreysTelfordPublished: May 13, 2022

Ladies donned colourful dresses and got their groove on for a Punjabi folk dance competition.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter!
UK's 1st gidha competition winners were Addi Tappa from Derby, with Councillor Amrik Jhowar during the trophy presentation
UK's 1st gidha competition winners were Addi Tappa from Derby, with Councillor Amrik Jhowar during the trophy presentation

Teams from all over the UK descended on the Telford Cultural and Leisure Centre in Hadley for the first ever UK-wide Gidda contest. A team from Derby, ‚ÄúAddi Tappa‚ÄĚ, emerged victorious.

Councillor Amrik Jhawar, the mayor of Telford and Wrekin, was the chief guest and handed the prizes to the winning team and to all those who participated in the competition.

One member of each team was also selected as the gidhna de Rani (folk dancing Queen).

The event was covered by three UK Indian TV stations and national Indian newspapers.

In a joint statement, they said, ‚ÄúIt was unbelievable. The atmosphere was electric. All the ladies had come dressed in traditional Punjabi dresses oozing in bright rainbow colours and they were just full of life. Every ticket was sold out and because they were all so good, picking the ultimate winner was the hardest job.‚ÄĚ

Mokesh and Sunita said they wanted to thank all those who attended the event and in particular the two hostesses and five judges, and their other team members Taro Kaur and Hardeep Baglee.

Trophies were sponsored by Julies Conveniences Store in Hadley.

2 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

is this okay? harmless fun ?

It's hard to tell, but what I think is highly likely is that if we have a stronger 'Panjabi cultural identity' than a Sikh one, we'll be forever complaining about the other communities that put their faith first over their culture and how they are more cohesive than us, and achieve more. 

I recognise we can't be all sombre and serious all the time as a quom, and that fun is essential in life, but I guess it's the context and arrangements for this that make a difference. We know we've actually helped put some of our own in the hands of predators in the past through this. A balance has to be achieved, and me personally, I think that a strong primary Sikh identity with a deeply rooted (but shrewd) empathy and brotherly/sisterly affection for your own, and a desire and will to actively participate in developing your community is paramount. Folk dancing can be a fun, temporary relief from things, but when we excessively focus on that to the detriment of developing in other key areas, we'll only be at a constant disadvantage to other more astute, better organised, forward thinking groups. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well said Dally Paji.

There is no (south) Asian identity to be proud of.

People of sub-contiental ancestry in the Diaspora should describe themselves as Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Sikh instead.

(Though I can understand the Muslim and Pakistani desire to describe groomers via the generic term of Asian. As the blanket term has also assisted Pakistani Muslim MP's to represent 10% of the opposition parliamentary seats in England with a party that could come to power in a coalition in 2years time - which would result in at least ten more Mirpuri Muslim Jatts like the pedophile Lord Nazir Ahmad holding serious power. This is in the context of there being no Sikh MP's in Parliament between 2015-2017).

Similarly, there is no Punjabi identity to be proud of.

Most Punjabi's are Muslims. 90% of historic Punjabi's are non-Sikhs.

Pakistani Punjabi's overwhelmingly despise the Punjabi language which they refer to the language of Sikhs as a "Chuhre-Chamaar'ah di Zubaan" because of course they refer to us Sikhs as a "Chuhre-Chamaar'ah di Qaum" (which of course, we are proud of via our Sikh Shaheeds and those greats who wrote our Shabad Guru).

So why are we so brainlessly beating the drum of Punjabiyat?

It doesn't exist!

The only identity we should openly declare and be proud is of being Sikh.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

@dallysingh101 @MisterrSingh @proudkaur21

must watch lool

WHY?

Do you think I haven't figured out that our fudhoos like prancing about at any given opportunity by now? 

I don't get the vid? Was he trying to ask her out for a date in the maximally fudhoo way possible?   Who were the other panchoday he roped in for his synchronised 'bruin' bundhoo dance? 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

He couldn't just ask her out like a normal person?

Nah, he was jutt innit. Have to be 'bruin' innit. lol! 

Plus, why miss a chance to prance around like a bandher! Who in their right mind would do that? You're not making sense. 

Plus it was a low risk move in any case. Even if she blanked him, he could always go back to bhund maaring his synchronised bhangra 'brothers'.   

44 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

@dallysingh101

It's like you have to micromanage them or they're guaranteed to do dumb, contrived crap like this. Plus how old is Jajjy? I swear he's a middle-aged man now - a bit old for all this surely - but then maybe his main audience demographic are a bit mentally under-developed anyway.  F**k all this low IQ jut bollox. People wonder why we Sikhs are behind so many other quoms - take a good look above for a big part of the answer. What planet are these lot on. And then you have other jut fudhoos (and fudhnees) complaining about blacks when their own lot are mimicking them left right and centre (as you can see above). Couldn't make it up.  

I don't know if it's true but there have been rumours that he's been robbed of his khanda necklaces a few times in E. London too (back in the day). 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's like you have to micromanage them or they're guaranteed to do dumb, contrived crap like this. Plus how old is Jajjy? I swear he's a middle-aged man now - a bit old for all this surely - but then maybe his main audience demographic are a bit mentally under-developed anyway.  F**k all this low IQ jut bollox. People wonder why we Sikhs are behind so many other quoms - take a good look above for a big part of the answer. What planet are these lot on. And then you have other jut fudhoos (and fudhnees) complaining about blacks when their own lot are mimicking them left right and centre (as you can see above). Couldn't make it up.  

I don't know if it's true but there have been rumours that he's been robbed of his khanda necklaces a few times in E. London too (back in the day). 

He is 51 !

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/Gy6u-XlZoSoSHGOqUNlPeiSKs30/appointments

Jaswinder Singh BAINS

Filter appointments

Filter appointmentsCurrent appointments

Total number of appointments 2

Date of birth
April 1971

B JAZZY BY MATT BROWN LIMITED (10484083)

Company status
Activ
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
17 November 2016
Nationality
Canadian
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Singer