Nanaksar nagar keertan riots

All-Info

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with the khalistan ne naare...Khalistan means freedom for Sikhs, freedom from these kutte baabe, zalum sarkaara! Khalistan means a lot man, because it was the ultimate beadbi which lead to the concept of khalistan.

Veer, would Khalistan nare at a Nagar Keertan like this get you it? At the end of the day, there is a huge stigma attached to Khalistan Nare - this is where people who know nothing about Khalistan, or peple against it can gain ammunition.

At a protest like this, what my brothers (and sisters) needed to do what conduct their protest in such a way, where the sangat present would not just think of them as some more "noisy Khalistan fanatics" - the aim of the day was to stop our Guru Sahib from this beadbi by these people.

I know I cannot talk, because I was not there, and thou I fully support the paji's who were there (some of whom I know) I still feel they went about it the wrong way.

Do not get me wrong... Khalistan is in my blood and has been from the day I took birth - it means a lot to a lot of us. And Khalistan came about from the ultimate beadbi, but you didn't see or Soorme shouting Khalistan nare in their times of protecting Guru Ji - there was a time and a place for it. When we are protecting Guru Ji from beadbi, we should not bring in Khalistan.

First of all, we were chanting Khalistan Zindabad when a few Singhs were doing gatka, I don't see nothing wrong with that. We were also chanting Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Jee's name because it was his nagar keertan and the Nanaksarians did'nt like that. We did'nt go there to protest, we went there to celebrate Guru Jee's birthday and to remember the fascinating things Guru Sahib did for us.

I do have a few pictures of the nagar keertan, but I don't have any pictures of the bedabhi. I tried to post some pictures on the forum, but it unabled me to do that because of some error.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

WJKK WJKF

Firstly i agree with YSL and i also understand the singhs who went there to protest. I admire the courage of singhs who went down there and protested against the anti-sikhi stuff.

Regarding Khalistan Slogan, i would not raise on any occasion at all. Im always against this no matter what occasion it is. Raising khalistan slogans in gurughars, sikh events and so on never made any sense to me, but raising khalistan narray at the Indian Freedom day parade in fremont is the only best chance :e:

What possible we can accomplish with narray of khaistan? Nothing.. Those were the days when most of our singhs/singhnia belonged to farming category, just like my grandfathers and so on.. Hearing narray and so on make them understand the situation because bad things were happening in reality. But narray these days show us as a simple rebellion type ppls. Its good to be that but that's short term effect. One can raise the narray for few mins and next they will be taking rest in their recliners in their cozy living rooms and spending great weekends with their family. That's not why we do narray, If we do narray then there's action next to it. If theirs no action tan it's simple show off.

Preserve narray of khalistan for rare occasion and thats the only way to save the importance of narray. If we gonna do narray of khalistan in every possible sikh event, our next generation will not even bother to know whats the deal with khalistan and narray. SO save your energy and breath on narray till there's indi

an freedom parade in your town :TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Saw the pictures of the Nagar Kirtan in Coventry. Wierd. They have made Baba Nand Singh and Baba Meeha Singh look like idols.

However on the dancing issue. This is no difference to the bhangra dance group that always turn up to the Southall Nagar Kirtans. Personally most, if not all Nagar Kirtans, in the UK are messed up.

All we seem to do is bang a DHOL, stop some traffic and wave flags. Is that what a Nagar Kirtan is meant to be about ??? !!!!

Gurfateh

Please email the pics to me, i am at work mst of the time hence i havent been on msn, but if you mail them too all_info@hotmail.com i will upload them on to here, if not then onto my website so others are able to view too.

I have contacts in london that would like to see some photos, other then the ones sent in previously so anyone who has some, please email them in!!

WJKK WJKF