www.cafepress.com

.:SanmukH:.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the F****

sorry for the language but thats just :umm: @ :cool: @ :@ @ wacko.gif

Contact, we need to Bombard them with complaints, can some one write a model letter up

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx

Email Us

Fill out our online form and we will try to respond to you within 24 hours.

Call Us

Toll Free 1-877-809-1659

Monday – Friday,

7:00 am – 7:00 pm PT

Saturday and Sunday

7:00 am – 5:00 pm PT

Local/International

1-510-877-1579

Write Us

CafePress.com

Customer Service Department

1515 Aurora Drive

San Leandro, CA 94577

every one stop swearing, we need to think.

I knew this was going to happen now we need to attack them with everything.

Emails, Faxs, Letters, Media.

We need the media to help, so that other companies dont try doing this. We need to show the world the sikhs will not stand for this Rubbish. We need to get sikh radios and papers involed.

Please we need this think and make a example of this Company.

Please Email Cafe Press information above. Also Mail hahapanties this is the company sell them. It works under Cafe press so better to mail both.

http://www.cafepress.com/hahapanties

copy and past edit with your name and send:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

On my visit to you website www.cafepress.com I came across a product called Sikh Thong (Product Number: 14595196). (URL http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/Ntt-sik...?zoom=yes#zoom) I was very offended to see such a product especially as it had the Sikh insignia the Khanda printed on it.

The Khanda is the emblem of the Sikh faith, as the Cross is to Christians or the Star of David is to Jews. It symbolizes the four pillars of Sikh belief and is treated with the utmost respect and printing it on a “thong” is seen as sacrilegious.

Further more to add to such an insult the description of the product read “Are you a practicing Sikh? How about your wife? She may not want them, but I'm sure the hip Sikh daughters will find these a hit.”

Not only is printing the Khanda on such an item of clothing sacrilegious but one of the 5k’s which every practising Sikh must wear is a Kachh (shorts worn as underwear). These are mandatory to any baptised Sikh and your description therefore goes on the cause even more offence.

I urge you for an immediate removal of the product and an official public apology to the Sikh Community for this great disrespect, hurt and upset you have caused by not considering the feelings and the sanctity of religion.

Yours Faithfully

< your name and e-mail >

Gurfateh,

rsingh, i think that letter pretty much sums it all up. really nicely written. if anyone does copy and pastes this letter to send, there is one little change you need to make..

Not only is printing t Khanda on such

please replace it to say a Khanda.

Hey guys,

I just tried to find out who made these, and you'll see thats its created by HaHa Panties... under the availability it says view all products in this store... on the second page you will see that they have every faiths symbol on thongs..... I think we need to bring this to the attention of everyone... cus this is just disgusting. the argument that they would not like it if a cross or a hindu God was on it is not going to work with them.......... There is a consumer alert on one of the news channels here, I think we should try this, this way other religions will also become aware of it.

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

yeh rite. i bet they all sold out now that u guys have been to it!

nah though, they need to be emailed... POLITELY! coz look, they might not know they are causing offence. No use going in ranting n raving. If u gonna email n that, email them with intelect not wacko.gif

Lack of eduaction about other religions in America and other less Sikh populated areas is to blame. But we should be the learners and the educators in these situations.

Other thing is, is there a real big difference between having a khanda on a thong and having a khanda on a t-shirt? Im not saying there isnt, im just asking the question for some articulate answers.

Bhul chuk maaf